Bye bye cookie cutter teams & phasma, hello QGJ

IM_UR_UPGRADE
223 posts Member
edited February 2016
First I will like to say thank you to EA, this update literally rejuvenated my love for this game. Now for the main stuff.
With this update making leaders with speed abilities work turn one, you now need to actually specialize you team to a specific faction like jedi, sith, nightsister, etc. This is actually really good for the game in general because now we will have a variety of teams and leaders like qgj, yoda, asajj, ackbar and other leaders with speed abilities; and we will slowly move away from the days of sid/phasma dominating every server.
Another reason why this is really good is that it forces people to farm up different specialized teams because you wouldnt want to have a jedi team going against a sith team, so if you had a droid team you could sub them in instead.
Post edited by IM_UR_UPGRADE on

Replies

• We shall see. I hope ur right!
  • With the speed bonus, phas becomes even more important with her AoE speed down debuff
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Which means people will pay more money to farm multiple teams.....p2w.
  • With the speed bonus, phas becomes even more important with her AoE speed down debuff

Yea but by the time she gets to go you can eliminate 2 of you opponents characters if they dont have a leader with a speed buff but you do.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I think meta has shifted and opened. Let's see soon hiw it goes

Phasma teams will be easier to defeat as speed-led teams will be able to kill some dps on the start. and if Phasma is not a leader, then it's just an average character.
  • I feel jipped with such a massive meta swing that was completely undocumented. I've spent every minute just focusing on a droid team and hitting rank 1 consistently. It's a pretty big kick in the balls to get outclassed over night when people haven't had time to even finish a team yet.
  • Noktarn wrote: »
    I feel jipped with such a massive meta swing that was completely undocumented. I've spent every minute just focusing on a droid team and hitting rank 1 consistently. It's a pretty big kick in the balls to get outclassed over night when people haven't had time to even finish a team yet.

You still have lobot for droid team speed buffs, but your not the only one, I have about 2-3 characters I was working on and they dont synergize as well anymore. It happens but this update is really good for the game and I feel like it was what they wanted from the beginning
  • So are you suggesting that in order for a team to be top tier it is a requirement that the leader apply a speed buff? This just shows how fundamentally broken speed is in a turn based game. I am running a first order lineup so apart from officer which won't go turn 7 till 80 I'm screwed, this is the team I want to play. If anything I'm hoping the game steers away from these massive damage fast characters, it doesn't matter if they are made of paper Mache if half your team is dead before you get a chance to react.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Ganicola wrote: »
    So are you suggesting that in order for a team to be top tier it is a requirement that the leader apply a speed buff?

It is not. People are over reacting. QGJ will be fixed today, everyone else just bring people to tick 7. Poe is still tick 7, and droids still can win if Poe goes first. They are a bit worse, and we have more options than just "go Poe or go last".

It will open the Poe-meta, but that's healthy.
  • Green_Legend_Ran
    389 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Beginning day 1 i started farming nightsisters. A week or 2 later i had the full team and have been running the full team for everything since. I have consiatantly ranked top 200 daily in the arena. Post patch have only seen my all nightsisters team get even better!
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • The meta was already speed kills. All its done is made the meta even more speed based
  • Bye days of sid/phasma, enter the days of QGJs, better have your dookus ready
  • First I will like to say thank you to EA, this update literally rejuvenated my love for this game. Now for the main stuff.
    With this update making leaders with speed abilities work turn one, you now need to actually specialize you team to a specific faction like jedi, sith, nightsister, etc. This is actually really good for the game in general because now we will have a variety of teams and leaders like qgj, yoda, asajj, ackbar and other leaders with speed abilities; and we will slowly move away from the days of sid/phasma dominating every server.
    Another reason why this is really good is that it forces people to farm up different specialized teams because you wouldnt want to have a jedi team going against a sith team, so if you had a droid team you could sub them in instead.

My server just went all qgj and phamsa. I don't mind it really i stil use Sid leader though. I agree there's many more options now with the speed buffs.
  • Well The addition of Rex might bring out a few brave clone teams, Fives and Clone Seargent combined can put some serious speed down on a team but has never been worth it to do so before.
  • Is IG 100 not viable with the new Jedi meta?
  • If Dark side Barris is hinted to be in an event like Yoda, I might very well farm some nightsisters.

I do too think the game is headed in the right direction for both f2p/p2p
  • Bye days of sid/phasma, enter the days of QGJs, better have your dookus ready

Sure do :blush:
  • Not trolling but i think the only characters that go before QGJ (L) right now are dooku, daka (with asajj lead) and leia (ackbar lead). So if you dont stun him he can 1 shot most characters with hia assist
  • Bye bye cookie cutter teams and phasma. Hello cookie cutter qgj teams!
  • Darthbinks wrote: »
    Bye bye cookie cutter teams and phasma. Hello cookie cutter qgj teams!

Changed the name