Any Plan to make Zetas accessible regularly outside Ships?

Jedi_Reach_
1337 posts Member
While I understand Ship Battles may be fun to a select few, to me, and I'm sure many others, it is extremely boring and tedious. The worst part is the ultimate dependency on it to gather the most arguably important endgame material - Zetas.

Are there any plans to make this completely accessible outside of ships and ship challenges? Not counting events, I mean other alternatives to farm Zetas (IE: Drops from raids, other shipments etc.)

Arena you can get by not doing. Ship battles are mandatory for endgame progression. Issue is that it feels more of a chore and task than fun.

Replies

• Options
    I don't imagine so, otherwise there's be no real reason to bother with ships aside from getting more fleet tokens to spend on characters and zetas
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I like it as it gives an incentive for ships. Regular arena has crystals, giving it the biggest incentive to compete, and ships have zetas. Ships do need the extra incentive to work on them. I'm hoping they expand more on ships as I enjoy them.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    I don't imagine so, otherwise there's be no real reason to bother with ships aside from getting more fleet tokens to spend on characters and zetas
    Well there's no reason to do Arena either if you're a dolphin or whale, or even have a moderately decent rank. Arena is optional. Ship Battles feel less fun and more of a chore; the core issue, because this is a game. Games should be fun.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    I like it as it gives an incentive for ships. Regular arena has crystals, giving it the biggest incentive to compete, and ships have zetas. Ships do need the extra incentive to work on them. I'm hoping they expand more on ships as I enjoy them.
    If they made ship battles enjoyable then this thread wouldn't even exist. In its current state, it's tedious.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Zetas are useless with Chaze
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Yeah let's make ships even more useless than they already are.. Work on them and get your zetas - easy ^^
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If they made ship battles enjoyable then this thread wouldn't even exist. In its current state, it's tedious.

What makes it tedious? It's just like arena with different skins. Do you find arena tedious too? If the lack of ships and everyone running the same team(especially capital ship) is what is tedious then I agree with you.

Not trying to be a ****, just genuinely curious.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Make zetas accessible.
    But only with non Sith non rebel and non republic.
    Die meta scum
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    I'd like to think at some point they'll be added to the ability challenge like omegas were, but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. That's assuming they actually do something with ships.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy ships. It's just another aspect of the game to enjoy. If you don't want to participate, that's fine. You can still farm zetas without competing in ship arena. Just don't expect to buy them with SHIP currency without winning with your SHIPS.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I believe it's their way to make ships essential so people who don't like it can't just ignore it.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    I would expect them to add a zeta ability challenge when we get the next level boost and new raid.
  • Options
    Whats so hard about getting Zetas in ship battles.

Do one Battle a day to get your ship currency, and Sim the zeta battle.

A total of 5 minutes.
  • Options

A total of 5 minutes.

Nah, I ignored ships for a while and now it's becoming a hassle to keep even top 200. Ships kind of su.ck. I'd rather not. But, as OP said, with Zeta's, you don't have a choice at this point but waste resources and the 1/8th integrated ship portion of the game.

I wanted it to be cool. Still want ship battles to be cool. They just aren't.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    There will be another use for ships I'd bet so save yourself some gripes later and level them now.
  • Options
    DOC_Arioch wrote: »
    There will be another use for ships I'd bet so save yourself some gripes later and level them now.

No. With power creep it's likely any new ships will overpower the current ones. Why waste resources?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. Ships feel pointless especially when we don't get crystals from it. If it weren't for zetas then nobody would play ships...... oh wait a lot of people don't care for it regardless as most people don't bother going up in rank.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

What makes it tedious? It's just like arena with different skins. Do you find arena tedious too? If the lack of ships and everyone running the same team(especially capital ship) is what is tedious then I agree with you.

The game mode is not the same as arena, even if it's visuals, which are very important. Ship battles should be fun, they aren't.

A total of 5 minutes.

Nah, I ignored ships for a while and now it's becoming a hassle to keep even top 200. Ships kind of su.ck. I'd rather not. But, as OP said, with Zeta's, you don't have a choice at this point but waste resources and the 1/8th integrated ship portion of the game.

I wanted it to be cool. Still want ship battles to be cool. They just aren't.
    Yes.
  • Combs
    40 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand people who say things like this. You get zeta's from ship acitivities. That's how you get them. This thread is like me saying that I want to do great in haat but I'm refusing to work up any characters to gear 10-11 because I don't want the time commitment, it's simply ignorant.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Combs wrote: »
    I don't understand people who say things like this. You get zeta's from ship acitivities. That's how you get them. This thread is like me saying that I want to do great in haat but I'm refusing to work up any characters to gear 10-11 because I don't want the time commitment, it's simply ignorant.
    No, it's saying let us find alternate ways to farm them. Same commitment is fine.
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Ships would be a lot more interesting if they were easier to farm. Only getting the odd slave 1, scimitar shards every couple of days was a grind to get to 7* but at least I could get them.

They need to be on more nodes, especially the Falcon.
  • Options
    Should mentioned that we DID get a Zeta through the flash event, so it is a thing we could see happening.

Also, rephrasing the issue....

We should do ships because it's an exciting new (was new...) way to play the game, re-use old toons, and explore new ones that were given ships.

We should not be doing ships just because they put the mats we need for regular battles in there.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Osh wrote: »
    Ships would be a lot more interesting if they were easier to farm. Only getting the odd slave 1, scimitar shards every couple of days was a grind to get to 7* but at least I could get them.

They need to be on more nodes, especially the Falcon.

That's the stupidiest grind i've ever seen. Game is deciding instead of you which ship you'll be able to play with. Insane.
  • vector6000
    236 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I hope not. Zetas should be hard as hell to get. I only have one so far, after months of grind. Now I am slowly getting my second.
    Same with level 11 and further gear. It should be hard to get. I only have ONE squad that is NEARLY fully geared. It took me a long time but its satisfying.
    It should all be hard at this point in the game.

On the topic of ships, I do think there is a problem here. Especially with dark side ships, there are not enough and many are not possible to get without paying at this moment. But then again ships themselves did not get released too long ago (2016), so I expect more to come out soon.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

There is no equivalent to MODs for ships yet. Your Slave1/Scimitar is the same as my Slave1/Scimitar, etc, etc. I do really well in fleet arena. I hate it... the ONLY thing that makes it slightly interesting is the ship view bug when inspecting your opponent lol
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Zetas being available only thru fleet shipments and challenges is EA/CG's way of encouraging folks to lvl their ships.

That way, when the next raid is released requiring ships, there won't b quite so much...

"Waaagh ! Noone ever said we need ships !"

• RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Zeta available now!! in shipment for 10.000 crystals
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Ships exist as a means to get Zetas, period. No one would play ships if Zetas weren't there. I auto one ship battle a day and that's it.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    They've already started to with the latest Luke event. There was a Zeta available on the first try.