Health Steal ignores Heal Immunity!

So, my trusty Maul was clinging to life, saddled with a dreaded healing immunity ( thanks, Sid! ) and just a little bit of red showing.

His turn came, and I unleashed his AOE. He stole health from all the targets, and then he was fresh, green, and still showing the debuff.

I am thrilled with this mechanic now working. It makes matches, especially Arena and GW, that much harder, upping the challenge level in a satisfying way.

Replies

• Inb4 the "fix it"crew arrives
  • Don't get used to it, sounds like another bug to be fixed.
    Roger roger
  • I was thinking about that, but then Health Steal might not be the same as heal, sort of like how Barriss' equalization is not a heal. They could both function in a similar fashion, and that would account for what we're seeing.
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    It's still not fixed
  • At this point it doesn't seem to be a bug
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Chico wrote: »
    It's still not fixed

.??
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    It's not a bug and it should stay that way too
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    Sounds like a bug. If not, they should be clearer in the wording on what is immune to heal immunity
  • Well, considering it's specifically called "life steal" and not a "heal", there's no reason heal immunity should affect it. As stated earlier, it's similar to Bariss' health equalization.
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    They fixed the description if bariss' health equalization so if they really meant life steal to bypass health immunity i would expect them to say it as well @EA_Jesse
  • Chico wrote: »
    It's still not fixed

Necroing dead threads is against the forum guidelines.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    I guess a thief and a doctor does different things. Sounds fair.
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    It's still not fixed

Less than a month old is not a dead thread. What? You want me to make a new one? What's the search bar for then?
  • I never saw health steal do much. I usually heal a couple hundred when my toons attack. If this is a bug, I don't see it to be on top of their priority list.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    45% health steal (ventress) means you heal for 45% of damage done. So normally it falls under heals category.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    It's still not fixed

Less than a month old is not a dead thread. What? You want me to make a new one? What's the search bar for then?

There's a search bar? With the number of redundant threads started here I thought it was bugged too.
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    I never saw health steal do much. I usually heal a couple hundred when my toons attack. If this is a bug, I don't see it to be on top of their priority list.

IG88 can heal 40-50% from doing his aoe. If devs meant to do this then fine. I didn't see anything in patchnotes so I thought it's a bug.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Watch a team with Ventress. She has Health Steal on her gear and when she does her AOE attack, she can go from deep yellow to full in one attack. It's actually pretty cool if she's on your team and annoying if not.
  • Life steal is literally leeching life from your opponent. Not the same as an actual heal.

I think its fine the way it is.

My night sisters are necessary in a world where Darth Sidious is in 99% of GW and arena fights.
    (I say 99%, because I vaguely remember one fight where Sid wasn't there. I thought it was a glitch...)
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Varlie wrote: »
    Watch a team with Ventress. She has Health Steal on her gear and when she does her AOE attack, she can go from deep yellow to full in one attack. It's actually pretty cool if she's on your team and annoying if not.

No need to worry. As enemy she always heals herself, even when she has full health. #stupidAI
    Also you are right when she almost fully heals after she Aoe's. Which makes me wonder why they changed the Aoe heal she had into self heal, instead of just changing the tooltip.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I haven't the foggiest why one would think healing and health steal should function the same way.. Ok fine I do. kinda

I do think that lightside characters having health steal is weird though, but im not going to make a post about it and then bump it when I realize nobody cares..
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    CPMP wrote: »
    No need to worry. As enemy she always heals herself, even when she has full health. #stupidAI
    Also you are right when she almost fully heals after she Aoe's. Which makes me wonder why they changed the Aoe heal she had into self heal, instead of just changing the tooltip.

They "Stealth" fixed the health steal. A stat/ability that had been in the game but did not work. Many characters have it just hers is one of the highest at 45%

And then they corrected her strike fear to be a self heal as it was stated to be.

I would have liked it to stay a group heal but they no agree.
  • It's health steal not heal FFS
    Roger roger