Very very annoying but good team

Bossak
119 posts Member
I ran into a team that was ridiculously good... like I had to stop and think about if a midichlorian count can be as high as this squad.

It was a GK lead... maxed of course, like the rest of the toons I am about to list) with a znihlus. That's not too bad right. WRONG. Then came the pain train. Of course with any annoying team you gotta have chaze. So bam. Chaze is in there as well. But who you ask in this 5th and last remaining spot could make this team unbearable. I'll tell u. The daring droid himself, R2. Now this isn't an ordinary droid. This particular model was double zetaed, with an outstanding 270 speed. Wow. 270, wow. And with all of those heath and protection bonuses being thrown at chaze and GK it was literally like impossible to kill them, or outlast them to use annhikiate. But the worst part was that healing immunity, DOT, or any good debuff just won't work against baze, or any of them. Since he is always counter attacking, every time he crits he is cleansed. Add that to the double cleanse in kenobi and chirruit, and these guys just never die.

So tell me your thoughts.... any good squads that could wipe it out or what?!

Replies

• Boreas
    508 posts Member
    I'd say EP(L) Vader (unavoidable ability block really helps against GK), Shoretrooper, DN and DT.
  • Beat that squad daily. Bad news is mine's the same, except swap r2 for zarriss...
  • Bossak
    119 posts Member
    The problem with this squad isn't chaze or GK though... it is zr2. All the bonuses and cleanses that his abilities provide for the team are unparalleled. I have beat many squads like this with a maxed r2, but couldn't beat it because of the double zeta and max health benefits that baze uses
  • NDSnyder
    174 posts Member
    I ran into a similar team on GW, but instead of R2, the 5th place was reserved for zeta Barriss.

Since the team is heavily based on being hit critically, I switched to a Sith team with DN lead, and I could take them out one by one, but it was a pain in the a**
  • yup
  • Essej
    325 posts Member
    It's funny because GK lead only serves himself
  • Essej
    325 posts Member
    It's a solid team that many will complain about. There's plenty of options to improve or defeat that team
  • Essej
    325 posts Member
    There "are" for the trolls
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    The team I loathe the most is zqgj, gk, zyoda, r2zr, and ani or aayla. When the slowest member of this team is 240 without the lead and always having foresight up its ridiculous. You can't crit any of them. You can't dot any. And if you do hit anyone but kenobi he taunts. If you don't kill them before one of yours dies you are fighting an uphill battle. If you do take gk low ani comes in and hits like a truck. Beatable in gw yes. But I have serious issues with this team. I would need 2 aoe toons to be faster than 270. So that 1 could wipe the foresight and the other could buff block. But wait then yoda wipes that and puts ten up on.
  • Beat that squad daily. Bad news is mine's the same, except swap r2 for zarriss...

Zarriss? Throw in Nihilus or Cassian under Jyn leadership. Works wonders.
  • My advice, RUN!
  • Essej
    325 posts Member
    Just beat the OP team with covfefe with ease
  • Essej
    325 posts Member
    Ackbar/r2/zarriss/GK/nihilus
  • How fast was their Chirrut @Bossak ?

If you can attack before their Chirrut to prevent his tenacity up, you might have a chance. I'm able to beat those squads with zVader(L), Maul, Sith assassin, zSavage and zNihilius.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • reading his leader ability, it does nothing for that squad
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Laserbrain wrote: »
    reading his leader ability, it does nothing for that squad

It does. It gives a tiny buff to GK. In that team you can basically give GK a minor buff, or DN an even tinier buff. The team has no official synergy (other than the obvious Chaze mutual synergy), but is one of the toughest teams out there.

In actualy fact, Chaze + GK + 2 others, it hardly matters who the 2 others are, they could be CUP and ME, and it would STILL be a harder team than about 90% of the other teams you might encounter in Arena/GW, because those 3 toons together are just ridiculous.
  • Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    The team I loathe the most is zqgj, gk, zyoda, r2zr, and ani or aayla. When the slowest member of this team is 240 without the lead and always having foresight up its ridiculous. You can't crit any of them. You can't dot any. And if you do hit anyone but kenobi he taunts. If you don't kill them before one of yours dies you are fighting an uphill battle. If you do take gk low ani comes in and hits like a truck. Beatable in gw yes. But I have serious issues with this team. I would need 2 aoe toons to be faster than 270. So that 1 could wipe the foresight and the other could buff block. But wait then yoda wipes that and puts ten up on.

Use baze and b2. Base goes first as foresight gives him TM up. Aoe wipes that out. Then b2 goes when first ally is hit. Buff immunity all round. Don't even need speed mods...

• **** autocorrect
  • Have had that 2 days in a row node 12 on GW. 1st attempt I couldn't defeat, restarted.

Beat today but it took 5 squads and about an hour in time, can't be bothered to spend that amount of time on one node so if it appears again I'll just restart, the rewards do not warrant the time needed.
  • That's the team I run.

It isn't as fun as the Wedge lead variant, but it holds better.
    Laserbrain wrote: »
    reading his leader ability, it does nothing for that squad

You're essentially trying to keep GK alive to protect DN and Chirrut. Baze's taunt won't come into play until GK is dead and Chirrut starts taking some damage, buying more time for DN and Chirrut to do their thing.

As an example of how strong it is, I dropped to 7th overnight yesterday and woke up to find that I'd left GK unmodded from an HAAT.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Bossak wrote: »
    I ran into a team that was ridiculously good... like I had to stop and think about if a midichlorian count can be as high as this squad.

It was a GK lead... maxed of course, like the rest of the toons I am about to list) with a znihlus. That's not too bad right. WRONG. Then came the pain train. Of course with any annoying team you gotta have chaze. So bam. Chaze is in there as well. But who you ask in this 5th and last remaining spot could make this team unbearable. I'll tell u. The daring droid himself, R2. Now this isn't an ordinary droid. This particular model was double zetaed, with an outstanding 270 speed. Wow. 270, wow. And with all of those heath and protection bonuses being thrown at chaze and GK it was literally like impossible to kill them, or outlast them to use annhikiate. But the worst part was that healing immunity, DOT, or any good debuff just won't work against baze, or any of them. Since he is always counter attacking, every time he crits he is cleansed. Add that to the double cleanse in kenobi and chirruit, and these guys just never die.

So tell me your thoughts.... any good squads that could wipe it out or what?!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1102777/#Comment_1102777

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1103548/#Comment_1103548

This crushes it even in arena every day. That squad you listed is top tier meta - no Rex. There's also an equally bad-**** version with DN as the lead. Those squad versions pushed out Rex on my shard in the cleanse teams a couple weeks ago.
  • Bossak wrote: »
    The problem with this squad isn't chaze or GK though... it is zr2. All the bonuses and cleanses that his abilities provide for the team are unparalleled. I have beat many squads like this with a maxed r2, but couldn't beat it because of the double zeta and max health benefits that baze uses

Correct - once R2 came in to this cleanse squad version it totally changed the dynamic. He essentially provides an inverted and undispellable taunt (unless you use an AEO buff dispeller). Pins you on Baze or GK for 2 rounds - that's on top of the normal Baze / GK taunt spam in there. It's a brutal squad.