I've been dropping less in arena than I used to?

Running a First order team, the main problem is that everyone knows how bad they are on defence; essentially you get targeted all the time because it's easier to face them than say a Zeta maul/rex triple cleanse/Zeta Jedi + R2 team?
Having made absolutely 0 changes to my team at all, only waiting for Zeta mats, but overnight I no longer drop by ~30/40 place, instead only by 6/7?
Can anyone think why?

Replies

• RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Same here.. i think people less active than usually. Everyone can win on offence, yes? :(
  • Options
    I also run FO, I take 1st at payout and then usually drop to 10-15, but sometimes I only drop a few places. For me it's mostly dependent on who is able to fight the Rex and Maul teams, and who has to pick on FO to get into top ten. Other meta teams don't necessarily fight me, it's usually the Wiggs teams that are still trying to sneak up.
  • Options
    Also, there's a First Order server on Discord, you should join us if you haven't already. Lots of good discussions and good advice.
    https://discord.gg/FvJS4ms
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    maybe the others have figured out how to beat all the other teams aswell and just attack the highest rank instead of the more easely beatable teams.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Also, there's a First Order server on Discord, you should join us if you haven't already. Lots of good discussions and good advice.
    https://discord.gg/FvJS4ms

Okay cool will do :)
  • crzydroid
    7299 posts Moderator
    Options
    How long has it been? Sometimes there are periods where people don't attack you. Other timed you get attacked more than average.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    How long has it been? Sometimes there are periods where people don't attack you. Other timed you get attacked more than average.

3/4 days now where I've been hardly dropping at all :)
  • Options
    Not a FO runner but I've been experiencing the same thing, only dropping a handful of places lately.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Jay_1997_C wrote: »
    Running a First order team, the main problem is that everyone knows how bad they are on defence; essentially you get targeted all the time because it's easier to face them than say a Zeta maul/rex triple cleanse/Zeta Jedi + R2 team?
    Having made absolutely 0 changes to my team at all, only waiting for Zeta mats, but overnight I no longer drop by ~30/40 place, instead only by 6/7?
    Can anyone think why?

FO is not bad on defense. I will sometimes attack a FO team and the never, ever stop shooting until I am a smoking crater in the ground. They get like eleventy billion attacks per turn.
  • Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    Can anyone think why?

FO is not bad on defense. I will sometimes attack a FO team and the never, ever stop shooting until I am a smoking crater in the ground. They get like eleventy billion attacks per turn.

What team do you run???
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    It can be random to a degree. I drop a bunch on the day where arena battles are the daily activity. Less or barely at all on others. I had dropped more overnight lately which I attribute to everyone being VERY active thanks to double drops, and such. But now there is a lull with people less active after several days of playing heavily.
  • Options
    Can anyone think why?

how? I avoid the full Fo squad in my shard, but Zaul is really easy. Triple cleanse is a coin toss...
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Can anyone think why?

What team do you run???

Last time I attacked https://swgoh.gg/u/morrvald/ <---- This guy, I used zVader, Boba, zSid, zKylo and ST, I got wrecked. Now I use the meta Rex, Chirriut, Baze, R2 and DN, but I haven't gone against him, too many bad memories of getting wtfpwned.
  • Options
    Usually people learn who is harder to win against and they leave them alone(if we are not talking about top 10 of course, because they usually like challenge). Would you challenge someone and have 50/50 chance to win, or challenge someone who you can beat for sure?

Also people are not used to playing against teams such as First Order or Resistance, as not too many use them. So they prefer not to try their luck to see if they can beat you.
  • Options
    Lucky you. I've been dropping like a leaf lately :(
    Yesterday I went down to 80 from 130 (consuming all 5 attempts), next time I check I'm 103. I buy a refresh and work back to 70 something, I check, again 100+. Using my last attempt to get back under 100, after a few minutes I check: 108. And I'm like... seriously?
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'm able to stay top 50, but usually I drop to 150-200.
  • Options
    Can anyone think why?

What team do you run???

Last time I attacked https://swgoh.gg/u/morrvald/ <---- This guy, I used zVader, Boba, zSid, zKylo and ST, I got wrecked. Now I use the meta Rex, Chirriut, Baze, R2 and DN, but I haven't gone against him, too many bad memories of getting wtfpwned.

Against zaul, we crit so many times that it auto triggers stealth, means we can't get any focus on any one target, which makes it all about rng. Same with chirrut, baze and GK, crit makes gk taunt, he dispes and tenacity up so can't inflict stun/defence down/buff immunity
    Also yeahhh id automatically attack any zVader team without tie fighter pilot, if he was there, ability block on FOO and buff immunity on the rest + TM reduction = instant loss