Shard shop exclusive character won't work will it?

EA announce there going to release a exclusive shard shop hero later this month. Assuming it follows what we seen and if we can assume if they will allow us to buy it everyday, 2 shards a day with no refreshes, yea you can do the math, that would be pretty ridicolous wouldn't it?

Replies

• DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Maybe, maybe not. Some might say making Vader (previously) only attainable and starrable through Achievements was pretty ridiculous.

For the record: I agree with you. Just stating the obvious. It should have been 5 shards per purchase like every other shop in the game.
    Post edited by DarthPurgatory on
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    4?

It should be 5 Shards per purchase, and it should cost 50 crystals not 150!

it takes 300 souls to max out.

300 divided by 5 is 60 and 60 X 50 is 3000.

that would be somewhat good.

But over 20000 gems to max out? Screw that.
  • Options
    shard shop ended my buying anything :( - i'd bet those folks that only needed maul and just realized they got screwed n get to make ig-86 probably walked away.... i don't even think yoda - who i can't 7 star will save this game for me
  • Options
    I have not tried the shard store yet. Don't want to waste shards. If you buy a shard does it go on a cool down times like all others? And if so can you refresh with gems ?
  • Options
    Sblakers wrote: »
    I have not tried the shard store yet. Don't want to waste shards. If you buy a shard does it go on a cool down times like all others? And if so can you refresh with gems ?

Same. I'm curious how it works too.
    I purposefully held off 7* anything because I thought it might make the GW much harder and too fast before I could move into the next tier of difficulty. So far I have Sid, Lumi and Poggle 6* and am now working on IG-86 before I then switch back and max out my others. I've heard too many horror stories about GW becoming unbeatable and I am enjoying a healthy 15 galactic shards a day.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    EA announce there going to release a exclusive shard shop hero later this month. Assuming it follows what we seen and if we can assume if they will allow us to buy it everyday, 2 shards a day with no refreshes, yea you can do the math, that would be pretty ridicolous wouldn't it?

They already said it will be faster to farm than regular toons through the shop.
  • Options
    barstool wrote: »
    shard shop ended my buying anything :( - i'd bet those folks that only needed maul and just realized they got screwed n get to make ig-86 probably walked away.... i don't even think yoda - who i can't 7 star will save this game for me

Funny the lack of shard shop didn't end your buying earlier. I'm assuming you think you're a whale here.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am sure when they have the exclusive character he will be available every day for at least 5 or maybe in packs of ten or more.

The problem will be the conversion rate.

Unless you are a ridiculously big spender you will never get the new char unless you stop trying to get any other chars and spend all your cantina, arena and gw points on people you already have at 7

That will mean stopping everything you are doing to obtain 3,500 extra shards to get the exclusive to 7

Those 3500 shards could get 10 other heroes to 7*

A waste unless you are/were a big spender and have a bunch just lying around

Edit: this is assuming the exclusive will have the same cost per shard as the current regular heroes have
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Looks likes a useless feature to me. Why spend Shards to get characters which I can farm elsewhere.

For the exclusive character, looks like it would take months to get a 4*.

I think I will pass on this useless new feature
  • Options
    I'd buy 2 Vader shards every day without doubt for the cost of 20 regular shards. The shop is great. I just bought 2 Anakins was happy. A friend says he has different characters than mine but so I guess they'll change.
  • Options
    Plot twist; shard shop exclusive character is weaker than a bantha in poodoo.
  • Options
    Plot twist; shard shop exclusive character is weaker than a bantha in poodoo.

And everyone buys it anyway, because it is still a better use of extra shards than anything else (well, maybe except for Vader).