• Battlefield 1™
  • Mass Effect™: Andromeda
  • Star Wars™ The Old Republic
  • Madden NFL 17
  • Madden NFL Mobile
  • NBA LIVE Mobile
  • NHL® 17:
  • Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare 2

So why give SWGOH players the newsletter?

Replies

• kodias
    264 posts Member
    I was wondering the same thing... My guess would be to give us incentive to play those games and spend money??
  • Veritasum
    753 posts Member
    To show that EA truly cares...
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    You would think the mobile game that is supposedly pulling in the most money would be part of it.
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    They're still part of EA. I imagine all EA games were given the newsletter, but I only play this and one other game that's not EA so I can't confirm.

The other game is my little pony.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Why are you advertising Play to Give in SWGOH, your most popular game, by far, yet the game is not participating?

https://www.ea.com/eaplay2017/play-to-give
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Because EA and Old Republic
  • Update: I see @scuba also made a thread. Feel free to merge them. And, please at least make a statement in regards to our concerns.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/114147/the-play-to-give-in-game-challenges-no-swgoh

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I just got a notification earlier ingame about some charity was it this?
  • scuba wrote: »
    You would think the mobile game that is supposedly pulling in the most money would be part of it.

Agreed. It looks quite tacky and shrewd.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • I just got a notification earlier ingame about some charity was it this?

Yeah.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Does EA choose which games participate? Or do the games flag EA for participatin? If it's the former, EA may just have picked newer products.

Still, it'd be weird if EA didn't pick a game to represent their mobile division.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Welp. Seeing as I have none of those games I guess I won't be participating.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Who determines what games participate? If it's EA doing the selection then it looks like they're focusing on newer properties.

The release of Asohka could be a parallel thing. It fits the general goal of Play to Give, anyway.
  • GabFonz
    50 posts Member
    Ansroff wrote: »

LOL
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Logic: take games that people pay lots o' $$$ for (battlefront 1, swgoh) don't allow them to participate in charity.
    43160495.jpg
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Welp. Seeing as I have none of those games I guess I won't be participating.

Mass Effect Andromeda is fun!
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Speculating SWGOH is probably short on developers so they didn't get involved, but the newsletter is just a company/PR newsletter letting everyone on EA's 'mailing' list know about their biz that can include a variety of EA topics not necessarily SWGOH related.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »
    Speculating SWGOH is probably short on developers so they didn't get involved, but the newsletter is just a company/PR newsletter letting everyone on EA's 'mailing' list know about their biz that can include a variety of EA topics not necessarily SWGOH related.
    Well then I want a spam folder so I don't have to feel tricked in the future.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Didn't we have to play to gives last year?
    Earth day
    That female thing (don't remember name, please don't feel offended)
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    More speculation--Yeah, the more I look, the more I feel like the Asohka event was timed to go alongside the Play to Give event, but EA picked other mobile games to highlight.

I don't play any of those mobiles, so maybe they need the extra promotion. *shrug* As I said, speculation!
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    More speculation--Yeah, the more I look, the more I feel like the Asohka event was timed to go alongside the Play to Give event, but EA picked other mobile games to highlight.

I don't play any of those mobiles, so maybe they need the extra promotion. *shrug* As I said, speculation!

That would make sense as to why old snips is so dang OP because they can't release a bad toon on a charity day, right?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Ansroff wrote: »
    They're still part of EA. I imagine all EA games were given the newsletter, but I only play this and one other game that's not EA so I can't confirm.

@Ansroff thank you that made me laugh.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    Didn't we have to play to gives last year?
    Earth day
    That female thing (don't remember name, please don't feel offended)

yes last year was the all female character event
    https://swgoh.gg/db/events/play-to-give/

They also sold a bundle.
  • Good thing I hate charity anyway B)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • muh Jedi