Too many flashing numbers!

Rolf
1032 posts Member
Ok I get that thanks to gear fixes nearly every character now has health steal. And I get that they somehow tuned the battle graphics so that everything's running faster now.

But both of these combined means that numbers are flashing all over the place, faster than I can interpret them. If the enemy gets a few turns in a row, throws an AOE, calls an assist or two, and Dooku counters then all I see is a bunch of yellow, red, and green numbers and I have no idea who's doing what anymore!

Maybe we could slow things back down for a bit until we all get used to the new healing visuals? I mean back in my day you were lucky if you even *had* graphics in your games. Oh and while you're at it, get out of my yard. ;)
My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.

Replies

• I like it, it makes everything feel more dynamic ;)
  • I hadn't even figured iut about the gear passives granting health. It's many chars and it's nice to know. Numbers shoukd last half a second more on screen and the choice of showing them below the char makes it really hard to see. It's also too much too fast...there must be a better way. I like the extra info, it's just like the OP says...too much too fast. I do like the soeed up of animations...make the game snappier and easier to complete. Great move. Maybe numbers could fade iut more slowly.
  • i agree they should decrease the size of the numbers a bit
  • Sometimes I don't even see the matrix, I just look through it.
  • +1

They need to have damage numbers display above and to the right of the target and heal numbers to the left and slightly below the attacker. Some combination of these things will separate them enough to make things visible again.

The current display is a mess, there's no way that anybody in that department was happy with the result before it went live.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Sometimes I don't even see the matrix, I just look through it.
    lol
    >_<

Feel the force, you do.

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't mind the sound of the health steal taking more of a back seat either. It procs so much it becomes a constant sound in battles.

Detracting, it is.