Yoda's description...

everyone is so caught up in the update that i feel like you guys didnt see yoda's description...

"Masterful Jedi support that can replicate enemy buffs and share them with allies"

hows this going to change the meta...?

Replies

• He is going to be a game breaking character, which is why they locked the 7 star out for people that don't spend money
  • i really doubt that, best bet so far seems to be healers as they help with galactic war and thus money, truth be told time will tell but he's no healer so he probably won't have a spot on mt f2p almost maxed squad

so i can beat any1 in pvp - mostly due to crap AI
    finish galactic table all the time
    finish all the challenges on auto

why do i need yoda again? i mean what does he bring, because at this point all i can tink is wining pvp on auto, other than that he has nothing he can offer gamewise

i mean i hope i'm wrong about this but really will get baris soon and i thin'k she might repaced a maxed char but yoda...errr not so much
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Well you must not have seen the picture were Yoda had stolen kylos retribution and given it to his team, sid aoes and the whole team counters
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Oobydoob
    229 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    He's meh for the current arena. If they ever get away from speed/damage metas then he could be good.

@Ztyle Haha, I saw that, however in the current arena it's not possible to pull off in a top 10 match. Still funny as ever.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    Well you must not have seen the picture were Yoda had stolen kylos retribution and given it to his team, sid aoes and the whole team counters

He doesn't steal, he copies.
  • He doesn't copy, he gets even not activated specials from Ben or Ayala... That's horrible
  • The only thing Yoda will do is make players who are buff dependant... very wary... if you use teams that do not use buffs of any sort you are not going to be afraid of Yoda...

This makes characters like Ren, Luminara and Poggle a bit of a double edge sword...if they are all used together...

If thrown into the leadership slot, then anyone who is dependant on debuffing the enemy team is going to be wary...

The other thing is Yoda doesn't have a lot of health unless he is supported by Barriss and can fairly easily be defeated...

Although strong in the right circumstance.. i.e. facing a team that uses at least two different buffs... he is only ok in other situations...

All in all a fun character to use in the right situation.. but he is certainly not the end all and be all of characters...

In general he in my view is a very balanced character and brings a lot more strategy to encounters...
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • So far to me Yoda blows in Arena. At 7* I take him out easy without any effort. He is a huge liability on defense. Maybe there is a perfect build for him not being used.
    He is fun on offense though.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    So far to me Yoda blows in Arena. At 7* I take him out easy without any effort. He is a huge liability on defense. Maybe there is a perfect build for him not being used.
    He is fun on offense though.

I have to point out that the ai is using him the same way as vader totally wrong, so as defence he usually won't be as powerfull, as he like vader uses the skills at random
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Oobydoob wrote: »
    He's meh for the current arena. If they ever get away from speed/damage metas then he could be good.

@Ztyle Haha, I saw that, however in the current arena it's not possible to pull off in a top 10 match. Still funny as ever.

Right on. Game is over by the 2nd turn, decided in the 1st turn. I intentionally hold off finishing the match till the timer nearly runs out to keep the snipers at bay. 2 minutes is the max a match runs otherwise, now that animations are faster.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on