Han Solo's shoot first should go before EVERYTHING

Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    How about a turn before "start of the encounter" effects are present?

But would he still get bonuses from the leader ability he is under with that?

I just meant buffs, like tenacity up from Cassian or taunt on Baze
  • Poxx wrote: »
    It could b easily fixed. Allow him to ignore taunt, and let him counter-attack b4 his opponent damages him.

This
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    How about a turn before "start of the encounter" effects are present?

But would he still get bonuses from the leader ability he is under with that?

Exactly. This is why he should shoot after leads and uniques. He just needs to ignore taunt and possibly stealth. Also strike before being struck
  • I just use him in credit heists lol

Same here, also have found a use for him in GW too: Jyn, Cassian, STH, Raid Han and K2. But other than that, Han's day in the sun was short-lived. Seems like a century ago, most guild-hopping madness was done in order to expedite his acquisition. Now he's like the Mark Fydrich of toons.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Yeah, and Vader should absorb his blaster fire with his hand and then take the gun from his hand ... What about this?
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    +1000

Right now this grand Raid reward is garbage. One could argue that Stormtropper Han is more viable.

Agreed. One could VERY easily argue that.
  • Right now, Han Solo is useless

He can't beat pretaunt, and he gets shut down by prebuffs like zaul stealth

His ability should be in effect before even leader abilities are in effect. Otherwise technically he isn't shooting first, he's "shooting after"

This singular buff would make him viable.

+1
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Poxx wrote: »
    It could b easily fixed. Allow him to ignore taunt, and let him counter-attack b4 his opponent damages him.

This is such a good idea because it makes sense with the character and obviously would make him viable.

• Yolcuberserk
    186 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Most of us agreed he could ignore taunt. I think Han should extra damages toons that can taunt, and this attack can't be countered. Also, if he has any buff( or at least 3 buffs), he dispels all buffs on the taunting toon. That's my idea, this could be a lot :neutral: What do you think?
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    He's no GK, but considering how easy Rancor Is these days he's a fair reward for what you get.

The game evolves - the only pre taunter being consistently used these days is Baze, and either the Devs will bow to pressure and nerf him, or he'll eventually fade away like others have.

He's fun to play, useful for GW and is a good addition in a p4 HAat team, but as someone said above, he's had his day (if at all really) in the sun for arena. Like a lot of characters.

I do agree the text needs changing as it says 'will stun' but can be resisted. Should say can or may
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    He's no GK, but considering how easy Rancor Is these days he's a fair reward for what you get.

The game evolves - the only pre taunter being consistently used these days is Baze, and either the Devs will bow to pressure and nerf him, or he'll eventually fade away like others have.

He's fun to play, useful for GW and is a good addition in a p4 HAat team, but as someone said above, he's had his day (if at all really) in the sun for arena. Like a lot of characters.

I do agree the text needs changing as it says 'will stun' but can be resisted. Should say can or may

the saying "15 minutes of fame" literally applies here. he was only viable during the end of the droid meta, and even so, still **** on defense and against any non-droid teams. he still deserves a buff no matter how easy it is to obtain him. on top of that, just because rancor is easier doesn't make him easier to get, the shards are abysmal past top 20 on your guild damage leaderboard so many probably still dont have him 7*
  • I thought they could change it to it removes all buffs from target, if target has no buffs, then stun target for one turn. This wouldn't help with zDM stealths but wouldn't make him useless against pretaunt
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    +100
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Bonus turn at the beginning should ignore taunt and be irresistible. I think it is too much to remove pretaunt buffs, that makes ShoreT even more useless.
    His counter attack should be pre-emptive with a 50% probability AND ignore protection, and ignores taunts.
    His basic should have a 70% chance to remove buffs if the attack scores a crit.
  • juanbobo
    22 posts Member
    Agreed!!!!!
  • Han is super OP, thank God for the chaze that came to balance him out, he's a super long farm but worth the wait, there are so few units that can counter him only to base taunters baze and shore and on top of that he's super squishy

Chaze is verry balanced right now , it is hard to get them working but... you know super fair, finally han solo gets his just desert, he used to dominate my leaderboard and now barley anyone uses it, becasue he's such a 1 shoter, his speed his HP why wouldn't people use him... I mean sure there is an anhihilate now but han sure shots first hehe
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Han is super OP, thank God for the chaze that came to balance him out, he's a super long farm but worth the wait, there are so few units that can counter him only to base taunters baze and shore and on top of that he's super squishy

Chaze is verry balanced right now , it is hard to get them working but... you know super fair, finally han solo gets his just desert, he used to dominate my leaderboard and now barley anyone uses it, becasue he's such a 1 shoter, his speed his HP why wouldn't people use him... I mean sure there is an anhihilate now but han sure shots first hehe

You made your troll too obvious, great effort though!
  • smninja73
    136 posts Member
    actually i just though if an idea ti add on top of the going b4 pretaunts. How about when someone attacks Han he shoots before the attack. It will discourage AoE and i think it would make him pretty viable
  • +100
  • Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    It doesn't hurt at all if his ability changes to being irresistible, unavoidable, and ignoring taunts.

It's only a single stun.

Just give it to him.
  • Someone once suggested that Han goes first before he takes any damage to truly shoot first. Someone attacks? A counter? BAM
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    It should also be unavoidable and unresistable

and OHKO too
  • Just let Han ignore taunt and it's settled from that perspective.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Just give HS the ability to knock boba fett into sarlacc pit and I'll be happy ;)
  • Right now, Han Solo is useless

He can't beat pretaunt, and he gets shut down by prebuffs like zaul stealth

His ability should be in effect before even leader abilities are in effect. Otherwise technically he isn't shooting first, he's "shooting after"

This singular buff would make him viable.

After all the responses, this is the best idea for a zeta of his unique

his zeta ability should be as follows:

Han has +25% critical chance. Han takes a bonus turn before each encounter starts and any buffs are applied, where he can use his basic ability and stun his target. this attack cannot be evaded. In addition, whenever han is targeted by a single-target attack, he has a 50% chance to attack the enemy first with his basic and 30% critical damage, with a 50% chance to stun the target for that turn only.

Edited main post with people's views
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »

the saying "15 minutes of fame" literally applies here. he was only viable during the end of the droid meta, and even so, still **** on defense and against any non-droid teams. he still deserves a buff no matter how easy it is to obtain him. on top of that, just because rancor is easier doesn't make him easier to get, the shards are abysmal past top 20 on your guild damage leaderboard so many probably still dont have him 7*

Plus this is Han Solo, one of the top 5 most iconic characters in the Star Wars universe. And he doesn't even need a full rework. Just improvements and bug fixes to his current abilities.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    He should be able to insta-kill one character on the opposing team... free reign for the attacker to choose who...

That'll make him meta real fast!

(Maybe 50% chance to make it interesting)
  • Smapty wrote: »
    He should be able to insta-kill one character on the opposing team... free reign for the attacker to choose who...

And if he kills, he gains 100% tm and gets a 2md shoot first with 25% chance to insta-kill, rinse & repeat and keep halving the insta-kill chance
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Smapty wrote: »

It would be pretty funny if they added a line "If first shot targets Greedo, it instantly kills him".
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).