KOTOR help (sorry, hate to be "that guy")

DatBoi
3615 posts Member
I hate to be that guy who posts about games other than swgoh, but i doubt there are any active kotor forums out there.

So im battling malek and i think i messed up really bad. I have no offensive force powers other than force wave and the aoe stun so i cant destroy the captive jedi, i dont have force immunity, and i dont have any mines.

Is it at all possible for me to win this fight?

Replies

• DatBoi wrote: »
    I hate to be that guy who posts about games other than swgoh, but i doubt there are any active kotor forums out there.

So im battling malek and i think i messed up really bad. I have no offensive force powers other than force wave and the aoe stun so i cant destroy the captive jedi, i dont have force immunity, and i dont have any mines.

It has been a looooooooooong time since I played this game, so I don't really have any pertinent advice for you. I'll say this: this is a Bioware game, before EA took over. Saving your game often was the best advice that I could've given you, as there is a point of no return and I believe it was the Star Forge(correct me if I'm wrong), unless you made multiple saves before that point, in case you mess up. All that said, best I could do for you is link you to this website. Good luck, man.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/556553-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/answers/69107-how-do-i-beat-darth-malak
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

It has been a looooooooooong time since I played this game, so I don't really have any pertinent advice for you. I'll say this: this is a Bioware game, before EA took over. Saving your game often was the best advice that I could've given you, as there is a point of no return and I believe it was the Star Forge(correct me if I'm wrong), unless you made multiple saves before that point, in case you mess up. All that said, best I could do for you is link you to this website. Good luck, man.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/556553-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/answers/69107-how-do-i-beat-darth-malak
    I've already seen that site, but I appreciate the response. Ive seen numerous strategies that people use, but my main character doesn't have any of the abilities required to implement them. Its almost as if my subconscious knew what the ending was when i started playing, and told me to make every possible wrong decision during the course of the game so i'd be screwed at the end. :D
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Im just going to look up some cheat codes :D
    I don't think there were any cheats for it, but I wouldn't give up. You played all that time. It would suck for it to have been a waste. There's usually a workaround in these situations. I'll dig for more info and get back to you.

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I don't think there were any cheats for it, but I wouldn't give up. You played all that time. It would suck for it to have been a waste. There's usually a workaround in these situations. I'll dig for more info and get back to you.

Found cheats. Currently in god mode and i think i hate myself for it even though i dont think theres another way for me to do it. At least its the end of he game

Found cheats. Currently in god mode and i think i hate myself for it even though i dont think theres another way for me to do it. At least its the end of he game
    Hey, as long as you finish it, right? Unfinished games of that nature irk my nerves, but are usually very rewarding once you beat them. Godspeed, sir.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member

Hey, as long as you finish it, right? Unfinished games of that nature irk my nerves, but are usually very rewarding once you beat them. Godspeed, sir.

Not as rewarding as it would have been without cheating, but now i can play the second one. ;)

Thanks for your help

(This thread can be closed if a mod reads this)
  • But... this is OFF-TOPIC, that's EXACTLY why we have this forum section :confused:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • But... this is OFF-TOPIC, that's EXACTLY why we have this forum section :confused:
    I hear you. I think OP just wanted it closed because he's done with the game. No more need for advice. He said he's moving on to KOTOR 2.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    But... this is OFF-TOPIC, that's EXACTLY why we have this forum section :confused:
    I hear you. I think OP just wanted it closed because he's done with the game. No more need for advice. He said he's moving on to KOTOR 2.