Possible win-win solution for the gear problem

Prev1
Im not sure anyone already has posted this idea. My iquestion is why can't we buy a single gear for crystals. Let's say you want stun cuff. In the shop a fully crafted stun cuff costs 1400 crystals. Just divide it by 50 and a single gear costs only 28 crystals. Sounds better? Im sure people would spend more crysrals so the EA/CG dont lose any dollar. Or a single holo projector only 15 crystals. I would buy it. What do you think guys?

Replies

• What's the point? It would take 300 times longer that way. When a cuff shows up, I want to buy a full cuff, not one pathetic salvage.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    What's the point? It would take 300 times longer that way. When a cuff shows up, I want to buy a full cuff, not one pathetic salvage.

True.
  • What's the point? It would take 300 times longer that way. When a cuff shows up, I want to buy a full cuff, not one pathetic salvage.

I assume you could buy at any time.

Still. It would take 50 shipments and at 4 a day, that will take 12.5 days. I want a stun cuff instantly, not tediously buying a bunch of pieces. Buying full gear with crystals is the best thing to help us deal with the gear crunch at the minute. Anything less and I'd become extremely frustrated.
  • by the way you have such a shop ingame you know? not for crytals and not for 1 pcs but still you can buy partially, not the wished "buy it anytime" option though

Still. It would take 50 shipments and at 4 a day, that will take 12.5 days. I want a stun cuff instantly, not tediously buying a bunch of pieces. Buying full gear with crystals is the best thing to help us deal with the gear crunch at the minute. Anything less and I'd become extremely frustrated.

I get yoir point but sometimes you need only a few to gear up a toon.
  • Slaywalker wrote: »
    by the way you have such a shop ingame you know? not for crytals and not for 1 pcs but still you can buy partially, not the wished "buy it anytime" option though

I use these options as well but many times not enough.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I'd be willing to use 100 salvage to make just one full if that was an option. And use 10 full to make an upgrade to the next tier full piece.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Im not sure anyone already has posted this idea. My iquestion is why can't we buy a single gear for crystals. Let's say you want stun cuff. In the shop a fully crafted stun cuff costs 1400 crystals. Just divide it by 50 and a single gear costs only 28 crystals. Sounds better? Im sure people would spend more crysrals so the EA/CG dont lose any dollar. Or a single holo projector only 15 crystals. I would buy it. What do you think guys?

It should be a separate shop with a slightly higher price. maybe 25 percent more but every piece is always available. No waiting for it to show up.
  • Olddumper wrote: »

It should be a separate shop with a slightly higher price. maybe 25 percent more but every piece is always available. No waiting for it to show up.

That's what Im saying, thanks your additional thoghts.

Pffft. Just farm it.
  • Some ppl are missing the point, I guess. This would be beneficial if you already have some number of eg. stun cuffs. Like got it from raid / flash event / farming / anywhere, and only lacking eg. 10 of it. You wouldn't have to waste 1000+ crystals for only 10, but could buy exactly that amount. I like it!
    +1
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge

Pffft. Just farm it.

I do that all the time...
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    How about we take say....mk 3 sienar projectors and add them to the tac challenge. We can remove the purple that is there now since nobody at all needs those after 2 weeks of opening up the challenge. That's 1 idea. The other is remove all non raid gear from raids. Leave syringes, cuffs, callers, furnaces, nubians, detonator, and even add mk 3 sienar to the mix. Even leave carbantis in there. But remove pieces just a full forged carbanti. Then people luke me won't go 3 weeks straight (on both raids) getting nothing but challenge gear and maybe 12 or so raid shards. Kthxbai

Pffft. Just farm it.

Then I don't understand the problem.
  • Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    I think having a shop with every gear piece available but at a slightly inflated cost.

Maybe not all the time, but during like special events once a year or something.

If you choose too, you can buy full stun cuffs for A 15% increase in cost rounded to the nearest 10 or 100.

Example: holos cost 300 in the store, in this special store holos cost 350. Stun cuffs cost 1400, in the store they cost 1600.

Store opens one week a year.
  • Some gear can obtained from rancor raid only eg. droid caller. I cant farm them on any node but obviously I can buy them in the shops. But it would be a great option to buy these kind of gears at any time any pieces.

Pffft. Just farm it.

Some gear can obtained from rancor raid only eg. droid caller. I cant farm them on any node but obviously I can buy them in the shops. But it would be a great option to buy these kind of gears at any time any pieces.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    If you tell me an extra shop slot would be opened for said proposal by op, I'm all for it. If I have to sacrifice an existing slot for such an idea, then no way..
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Like the idea, but sounds overly complicated. A whole nother shop, that always has a single piece of gear. Who decides what gear is in, and what isn't? Because if you exclude some gear, people will be unhappy. And if you include all the gear, that's a lot of scrolling.
    On top of all that, it doesn't solve the gear grind in any way.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Zeuschild35
    124 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Like the idea, but sounds overly complicated. A whole nother shop, that always has a single piece of gear. Who decides what gear is in, and what isn't? Because if you exclude some gear, people will be unhappy. And if you include all the gear, that's a lot of scrolling.

It doesn't. My idea is if you just click on the particular gear slot in the character menu you just buy the missing gears and that's it. No need an extra shop added.
  • PearlJam
    72 posts Member
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    I think having a shop with every gear piece available but at a slightly inflated cost.

Maybe not all the time, but during like special events once a year or something.

If you choose too, you can buy full stun cuffs for A 15% increase in cost rounded to the nearest 10 or 100.

Example: holos cost 300 in the store, in this special store holos cost 350. Stun cuffs cost 1400, in the store they cost 1600.

Store opens one week a year.

I definitely wouldn't pay more for a once a year option to get some salvage gear. That makes no sense.
  • Im not sure anyone already has posted this idea. My iquestion is why can't we buy a single gear for crystals. Let's say you want stun cuff. In the shop a fully crafted stun cuff costs 1400 crystals. Just divide it by 50 and a single gear costs only 28 crystals. Sounds better? Im sure people would spend more crysrals so the EA/CG dont lose any dollar. Or a single holo projector only 15 crystals. I would buy it. What do you think guys?

+1
    What's the point? It would take 300 times longer that way. When a cuff shows up, I want to buy a full cuff, not one pathetic salvage.

Pffft. Just farm it.

It eliminates fighting with RNGesus and the Devs still make money off of the crystals.

It wouldn't be difficult. Just add it to the Shop that's alreday there with tabs separating the gear by color. And, have ALL gear available. If it's Raid gear, maybe have it unlockable by lvl, or just have it cost more. This would make a ton of money for the devs. I'm f2p and would probably never/very rarely use it, but I see the benefit.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member

It doesn't. My idea is if you just click on the particular gear slot in the character menu you just buy the missing gears and that's it. No need an extra shop added.

Okay that makes it slightly less confusing. But I still don't see how it solves the gear grind, especially for those who are FTP.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • They should just add some of the gear like carbantis's, cuffs, guns, etc to the credit priced gear for a couple of the pieces.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Or they add a new section to the app where you trade with Unkar Plutt to get gear/sell gear
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

Okay that makes it slightly less confusing. But I still don't see how it solves the gear grind, especially for those who are FTP.

For example you dont need to wait for weeks for raid gears to be dropped if you are lucky.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    It should be available every other Sunday and on holidays.
  • If you need it badly enough to buy it for crystals, You are going to need that extra gear again eventually anyways.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    If you need it badly enough to buy it for crystals, You are going to need that extra gear again eventually anyways.

It's not a bad idea. Sometimes I have finished farming for the day and only need a couple more. Or I need one or two droid callers or furnaces that I can't farm. I don't always have 1400 crystals on hand, but I do usually have a few hundred available. OR I have crystals saved up to buy the full droid caller but it doesn't show up for a week at a time.

Implementation is a different question. Maybe edit the shop so that when you select the gear, you can choose how many pieces to buy via a slider instead of only the full piece being available?