Update - and update again??

Vodo
332 posts Member
So I updated the game on playstore this morning (at home on my WiFi), drove to work, opened the game and it needs an update again? 17mb here, 44mb there and so on. I don't really care since I have 2 gigs of mobile data free but I'm sure there are ppl that have much less and nobody expects a in game update right after a playstore update.

Replies

• Your argument is flawed. If anyone cares about there data usage dont play an online game
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Well, don' consider it a complaint then. I'm interested from a technical point of view also, so why are updates via playstore AND in game needed?
  • This is pretty normal. First they update the client side (playstore) and then the remainder is the game content once you are using the proper client.

Same reason why that the app itself is like 30mb, but the total game file uses north of 500mb on your phone.

To expect these types of vfx in a 30mb package is fairly unreasonable. Packaging it all into a 500mb single apk doesn't really work (I think actually playstore has a size cap).
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Thx, never saw this on other apps/games but maybe those just download without message

But I don't think there's a cap on playstore, some games are 3GB or more
  • You don't care about the data cause you have 2gigs yourself, but you are voicing your opinion for the many unfortunate?

That was incredible nice of you... NEXT!