Ruin the Arena experience?

Prev1
Song
863 posts Member
edited February 2016
With the new update you can see your enemy's team in Arena. Does that ruin your arena experience? Now i know my enemy's team, that probably a drawback. Now i'm less likely going to attack.. lol

Secondly you know your enemy's team and which give you advantage on attack. But for Defense since people can see your team, they will have advantage over you.

GGSQATV.png

Replies

• It's late where I live, so there's no movement in my server as of right now. Maybe during the day I'll see some fluctuation in my position. So still unsure! It's helped me on offense though, since I have a jedi team, it's now easier to avoid dooku, sid, and daka teams.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    I've been able to retain my rank in both my accounts after patch until two hours after prize giving time when I noticed changes. For me the important time is about ten to twenty mins before prize giving time.
  • At the moment I hate it completely. Time will tell though.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • It was not a good idea because now there is even less of a reason to worry about how ones team is able to defend its position. The developers needed to either keep it blind or give defending teams support.
    That said, I already know who all my opponents have and can guess their squad composition pretty well. I use the same 5 characters every battle (only have 5×7*s) so i am quite sure this has zero effecton me, since whoever is attacking me is almost certainly not doing jt for the 1st time (i finizh 1-6).
    So, while i like browsing my opponents characters, and while this really does not effect my Arena experience, I think keeping it blind was the better option, especially since defending was well nigh impossible in the 1st place.
  • Dropped from top 200 on one of the original servers to 700 in just 6 hours LOL
  • About the defense, it doesn't exist as a concept. You can't know which squad will defense you. The last team used to attack? or what ? If you plan to change your characters based on your next battle you will never have a "defensive" squad
  • Hmm I prefer the old system with more surprises. The new one makes me afraid to Attack cause I can see all their full stars, last time you just press Attack without considerations. But I didn't drop rank much maybe cause I got Poe.

In summoner wars I played in the past, you can set your defend team. And there are towers which help you to defend. Hope to see such things implemented here!
  • only thing I can tell is who spent money/really lucky and those that haven't... i.e. ones that have a high level poe and other characters and ones that don't... Beyond that all it's told me is who is easier to attack which is more informative than the straight power ratings...

But yep doesn't stop people from attacking you if you field a weak team or one that lacks synergy...

If anything I lost the surprise that was waiting for me when I attacked a team... Now I know exactly what to expect every time.. which in my view is boring..

It hasn't changed how I deal with groups, all it's done is change who I am more likely to attack... i.e. easy wins over difficult ones
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Sascha
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I like seeing the whole team but ever since the update I lose every match to teams I easily beat before. What is going on??? As an example I lost to a team of mostly 6 stars at level 63. My team is mostly 7 stars at level 68!
    Post edited by Sascha on
  • Nope its perfect it gives you the chance to switch out characters to make the neccessary counters to beat that team. Your current team might not hold well with certain teams this gives you the chance to make the neccessary adjustments. As of now it may not seem like much but when we have collected 15-20 characters we'll be able to switch it up.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I despise it. Utterly and completely. THere should be some mystery to the teams you face. Now you can just pick and choose with virtually no chance of loss if you are smart

Lots of changes for the worst in this game. BRING BACK BLIND ARENA
  • I don't have Poe and I usually ranked 20-40 for few weeks. Now I got down to 86 in just one morning.

People are aiming on those who haven't Poe...as I expected
  • Enklave wrote: »
    I don't have Poe and I usually ranked 20-40 for few weeks. Now I got down to 86 in just one morning.

People are aiming on those who haven't Poe...as I expected

Yep. It was an effing horrible idea and needs to be retconned
  • I think it's a good idea. With the speed leaderships applying the first turn the meta will probably shift or become more diverse. Seeing the opposition gives you an opportunity to prepare the right squad.
    It sucks right now, because everything is about poe. But in a few weeks teams will be more diverse.
  • For me this improves the arena experience.

What ruins it is having the opponent's entire team have their first turn before I get a single attack.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    I was just refreshing for 5 minutes and couldn't find an opponent I wanted to fight. It was like "Dooku? Uh, no. This guy has Kylo Ren, no, thx. OMG, 3 healers, nah. Rey? No way" :D
  • Yes this is a big mistake...
  • It doesn't ruin it for me, but I don't like it. It is nothing more than a hand holding measure.
  • Vodo wrote: »
    I was just refreshing for 5 minutes and couldn't find an opponent I wanted to fight. It was like "Dooku? Uh, no. This guy has Kylo Ren, no, thx. OMG, 3 healers, nah. Rey? No way" :D

I found myself starting to do this same thing this morning. Realized after a bit what I was doing, and decided to focus on what info I used to have.

So I was hesitating about a team because of who was in it, but then I realized in the old style, I would have been all over the team, because the lead was 4* Barris, power was nearly the same, and rank increase was worth the risk.

I might still avoid certain team makeups that give me serious issues in GW, at least until my arena team is maxed out, but generally if it is similar power and doesn't have any red flag combos (Poggle + Luke has given me fits, for example), I'll go after them and hope for the best.
  • I love it!

#NoWhereToHide! :D
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I love it.

Also, from looking at comments, I see that this decision is coming up with just about the same mixture of like/dislike as other changes which is right about 50/50.
  • I like the old way. It is nice to see who I am fighting but it's hurt me much worse with them seeing my team. I was 340 last night and this morning I was at 704! That is just crazy.
  • Sascha wrote: »
    I like seeing the whole team but ever since the update I lose every match to teams I easily beat before. What is going on??? As an example I lost to a team of mostly 6 stars at level 63. My team is mostly 7 stars at level 68!

Hehe, happened to me too today. Lost to a JC/Lumi team. I was dumbfounded! Got him on the second try losing only Poe. I hadn't taken into account life steal and RNG also went terribly wrong for me.

Happens. Bad RNG, a couple of bad decisions in focusing/targeting. Overall, AI seems to be the same, 2 accounts here.

Your situation does seem very bad, though. Super bad RNG?
  • I kind of feel like the same. But it's fun to check out how other people build their teams. Btw I played with all three teams u posted in that pic.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    It times like this when a 6* poe is the ego that stops people attacking
    {RotE}
  • I think it would be better if you couldn't see gear or stars only toons

same here
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Vodo wrote: »

Maybe that is why I only dropped 30 spots over night instead of 100. I have Dooku, Kylo, and Rey but only one healer.
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Song wrote: »
    With the new update you can see your enemy's team in Arena. Does that ruin your arena experience? Now i know my enemy's team, that probably a drawback. Now i'm less likely going to attack.. lol

Secondly you know your enemy's team and which give you advantage on attack. But for Defense since people can see your team, they will have advantage over you.

GGSQATV.png

Be thankful your leaderboard isn't flooded with Poe like mine is. Still holding my own without him, but my Poe is almost to 5*, at which point I'm replacing Han with him. So stupid for a tank to be so fast. Either make Han on par in speed with Poe or give Han a health increase. It's stupid a 5* Poe has more HP than a fully geared 7* Han. No brainer who to use at this point in time.

Edit: I love how the word "stup1d" is starred out....
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol

This, I find myself spending more time refreshing than actually battling.