Ruin the Arena experience?

2Next

Replies

  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    It's great for offense, sucky for defense. This update though seems to make defense suck anyway, and offense really easy.

    I think things will be fine once they limit who can see whom, in the top 40 pvp (i know everyone isn't this high, but this is a big change and a good change).

    It does make it really risky to try a "fun" team, even for a half an hour.
  • Options
    I'm not top 50. I'm usually around 150 to 200 with little effort other than daily battles. I am enjoying the new arena more being able to see...but my thing is most teams are the same at my current position. So instead of avoiding a Poe I find myself ducking a Lumi in purple for a Lumi in light blue lol.
  • Options
    This screws me up bad. I don't run poe...i dont WANT to run poe..but now i'm just gonna be targeted non stop....
  • Options
    Sascha wrote: »
    I like seeing the whole team but ever since the update I lose every match to teams I easily beat before. What is going on??? As an example I lost to a team of mostly 6 stars at level 63. My team is mostly 7 stars at level 68!

    Exactly same here.
    Teams I have ALWAYS beaten before, I no longer can. My guys do damage less than, their guys do alot more damage than usual, their Poe hit me with 3200, Boba hit 4500, Sid/Lumi average at 2000.
    Something is wrong.
  • Options
    I like it personally.

    As for rank, I took 1st at 5:30pm yesterday and held it until about 10am today when I fell to second. It's now 3:34pm and I'm still rank 2.

    It may just be a fluke, but I've never held rank that well before.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    It's great for offense, sucky for defense. This update though seems to make defense suck anyway, and offense really easy.

    I think things will be fine once they limit who can see whom, in the top 40 pvp (i know everyone isn't this high, but this is a big change and a good change).

    It does make it really risky to try a "fun" team, even for a half an hour.

    I wish we could manually set our defensive team. That would allow us to try new and unique combos without fear of dropping too many ranks. It would also make it more viable to sub in toons that counter specific teams (e.g. sub in Datcha if you see a droid team).
  • Options
    Rofl, well, I spoke to soon. I logged in to check my rank before posting and it was 2. I posted then went back and refreshed and dropped to 11. Guess I should've kept my mouth shut (fingers still?)
  • Options
    Sascha wrote: »
    I like seeing the whole team but ever since the update I lose every match to teams I easily beat before. What is going on??? As an example I lost to a team of mostly 6 stars at level 63. My team is mostly 7 stars at level 68!

    Hehe, happened to me too today. Lost to a JC/Lumi team. I was dumbfounded! Got him on the second try losing only Poe. I hadn't taken into account life steal and RNG also went terribly wrong for me.

    Happens. Bad RNG, a couple of bad decisions in focusing/targeting. Overall, AI seems to be the same, 2 accounts here.

    Your situation does seem very bad, though. Super bad RNG?

    RNG is bad, enemy with Phasma lead gave assist almost everytime they attacked, but what really broke me, is their damage is way higher than mine. Those are the same teams I have been fighting for a month, I know its wrong when his Poe does 3200 now.
  • MackemSLAM
    346 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    trTYGdr.png


    Ouch.

    The same guy has been number one on my server more or less every day since the lvl 70 update.

    He was lvl 70 a good 5 days before everyone else and seems to have more or less unlimited money, these aren't the only 7* chromium characters he has! Sure he has Leia too!

    I uses to finish no 1 quite often but now 2 is my maximum, I don't even challenge him any more. Everyone else I can beat with a bit of luck, but nothing I can do with that team!

    Fair play to him, I'm very jealous!
  • Options
    Nope its perfect it gives you the chance to switch out characters to make the neccessary counters to beat that team. Your current team might not hold well with certain teams this gives you the chance to make the neccessary adjustments. As of now it may not seem like much but when we have collected 15-20 characters we'll be able to switch it up.

    I'm sorry but just about any team can beat any team almost 100% of the time. The only exception is when the other team has a Poe. So everyone now focuses on the non-Poe teams and ignores the Poe teams.
  • Options
    Still hate it . . .
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Enklave wrote: »
    I don't have Poe and I usually ranked 20-40 for few weeks. Now I got down to 86 in just one morning.

    People are aiming on those who haven't Poe...as I expected

    In top 20 most people have Poe in their team
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    Song wrote: »
    With the new update you can see your enemy's team in Arena. Does that ruin your arena experience? Now i know my enemy's team, that probably a drawback. Now i'm less likely going to attack.. lol

    Secondly you know your enemy's team and which give you advantage on attack. But for Defense since people can see your team, they will have advantage over you.

    GGSQATV.png

    Be thankful your leaderboard isn't flooded with Poe like mine is. Still holding my own without him, but my Poe is almost to 5*, at which point I'm replacing Han with him. So stupid for a tank to be so fast. Either make Han on par in speed with Poe or give Han a health increase. It's stupid a 5* Poe has more HP than a fully geared 7* Han. No brainer who to use at this point in time.

    Edit: I love how the word "stup1d" is starred out....

    Well top 20 is full of Poe. My rank was 34 when i took that screenshot.

  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    I for one like the new update and in fact it is much easier to defend now. I have lvl 65, 5* Poe and 5* Geo and even the 7* level 70 Poeless teams below my rank dont wanna deal with him. I have *never* held my rank so well. Once you see the other has Peo + Geo/FOTP/Rey it is like move along, nothing to see here.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    Song wrote: »
    With the new update you can see your enemy's team in Arena. Does that ruin your arena experience? Now i know my enemy's team, that probably a drawback. Now i'm less likely going to attack.. lol

    Secondly you know your enemy's team and which give you advantage on attack. But for Defense since people can see your team, they will have advantage over you.

    GGSQATV.png

    Be thankful your leaderboard isn't flooded with Poe like mine is. Still holding my own without him, but my Poe is almost to 5*, at which point I'm replacing Han with him. So stupid for a tank to be so fast. Either make Han on par in speed with Poe or give Han a health increase. It's stupid a 5* Poe has more HP than a fully geared 7* Han. No brainer who to use at this point in time.

    Edit: I love how the word "stup1d" is starred out....

    Just out Ackbar as leader and you are ok
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    puru_EA wrote: »
    I for one like the new update and in fact it is much easier to defend now. I have lvl 65, 5* Poe and 5* Geo and even the 7* level 70 Poeless teams below my rank dont wanna deal with him. I have *never* held my rank so well. Once you see the other has Peo + Geo/FOTP/Rey it is like move along, nothing to see here.

    your Poe is just 5* it have no defense against 7* F2P team. (Phasma/Sid/Daka/Dooku/Lum)

  • Options
    The blind arena rules were better because people would have fought for the rank, not for the player they think they can beat. Even in my server, in the 1-50 rank people are using 5 stars characters, and because of this, the behavior of the gameplay changed.
    In my situation, i kept st place all last week, but today i droped under 20. there where players with more power than me , 7* that were powerfull than me and i made a team that can counter them, after using cristals shard to come to a strategy. now if people see my team that i have a 5*star jedi consular and a 6* old daka, they know that if they kill my jedi consular and old daka they already won.
    Just today, i used crystals, i had 5 retries, but in the last hour before the reward was awarded, i couldn't land an attack because my team was in a fight or i already dropped from my rank.
  • Options
    Song wrote: »
    puru_EA wrote: »
    I for one like the new update and in fact it is much easier to defend now. I have lvl 65, 5* Poe and 5* Geo and even the 7* level 70 Poeless teams below my rank dont wanna deal with him. I have *never* held my rank so well. Once you see the other has Peo + Geo/FOTP/Rey it is like move along, nothing to see here.

    your Poe is just 5* it have no defense against 7* F2P team. (Phasma/Sid/Daka/Dooku/Lum)

    Yes you are right, but that is not the point. The point is Poe causes enough problems so why bother when there are other easier teams to deals with.

    In my case I also have Poggle, which means GS always 1-shot a toon in the first turn. By the time you can get past Poe's taunt, GS usually does some serious damage.
  • Options
    Once you get into the top 20 it's ponitless, honestly. Because there's only one 19-1 spot. You're gonna just stick at 11 and not bust into the top 10 because you don't like the look of a team? You're gonna settle for 4th because 1 has Poe and Rey in it?
  • Options
    To me, blind arena was a LOT more fun. Not only was defense easier, but I liked the "OH *****" Moment when that supposedly low power team wasn't what you expected
Sign In or Register to comment.