Who else is ag-gear-vated?!

Prev1
Sewpot
2010 posts Member
Now I know it's about money, but the gear grind needs a major overhaul.
Unless they are going to keep this game alive for the next 10 years it's ludicrous how much gear is needed.
I think I would be happy with even a 1% more better drop rate at this point than what is provided now.
I get that this game is all about gambling but zero drops is just salt in the eyes.
The devs are leading us into a point that they want us to use our entire roster and that's fine with me but when you need sooooo much of just 1 gear for example (let's say carbanti) that's just not going to work with the present model we have.
Now I know that they will place different gear in rotation at some point,but even if gear XII doesn't happen for another year from now that's still not enough time to farm what is presently needed.
I buy gear from the shop and even from gear packs but still,when I look at ALL the gear I still need to farm it makes my head hurt.
Drop rates for low gear is amazing and you only need 5-20 for those,but as you climb that ladder things take a turn for the worse.
Devs are listening and I know this because of the help they gave us with mods but gear also needs help. Even more so.
Please please devs just throw us a bone.
(And not where the sun don't shine)

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    +1 for that title
    +2 for the point of the thread. Gear grind needs a change or raids need to give more, theres more than 1 bottleneck now and if we get any more gear levels it's going to be hell.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    My alt account needs 5 furnaces just to get my clone squad to g10, haven't seen one in over 2 months from rancor raid, yet I get challenge gear every single time that I have over 1k of. This definitely needs addressed and hopefully very quickly. But with the change to mods I see the gear grind being the one thing to separate the spenders from the ftp so they probably won't do anything about it.
  • I started paying money but my mind was changed when I saw a youtube video of the awful, misleading drop rates of the FAT packs. There is no way I am paying another penny on this game. I'll just have to make do with a handful of g10-11 toons. This is gambling, straight up, the only difference is you don't get a payout if you win. Lose-Lose situation.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    If I got a free present of 1000x Carbanti mk3 sensors I would still need more. Gear crunch is real.

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    If I got a free present of 1000x Carbanti mk3 sensors I would still need more. Gear crunch is real.

Where I'm sitting right now I need more than 3000 and thats just who's up for them at this moment. And that's just 1 gear. Times that by every other gear needed, add the abysmal drop rate and we have a problem that's just going to get worse unless it's made better.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Problem is only a few pieces of gear are actually utilized. I have 2000+ of other gear (TAC challenge looking at you) and at starving on so many others.
  • I need like 50 million cuffs and raid furnaces and it's really annoying
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I need like 50 million cuffs and raid furnaces and it's really annoying

Exactly, if you want to annoy yer player base make it about playing not farming.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    New GW boards that give gear as node completion rewards... and completion of board gives a few new exclusive character shards.

Another GW board that upon completion doubles the rewards recieved from all sources (including raids & shipments) for 48 hours.

Another board that upon completion doubles Cantina Energy regeneration or LS/DS energy regeneration and another board that upon completion doubles the daily/ship challenge rewards for like 48 hours.

Put some inventive behing the GW concept... make completion not on fun and challenging (via faction battles) but very rewarding.

• I'd like to see a GW very similar to what we have now, but you can only use each character for one fight. Rewards at nodes 3,6,9,12 would be 5,10,15,20 salvages
  • I'd like to see a GW where you can only take 1-2 characters into battle at any time. Nodes 1-3 can be 1 enemy, 4-6 can have 2 enemies, 7-9 can have 3 enemies. 10-11 can have 4 enemies and the last node can be a full enemy squad. To make it more interesting it won't use other players squads. Instead it'll use a mix of bosses from cantina, LS and DS tables. The rewards could be gear for gear level 8 and higher for the character(s) you take into battle so you can focus on those particular characters.
  • +1 I think Raid drops and normal fight drop rates need changed. People are getting overly burned out
  • Güd
    21 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    What they need to do, is better utilize the mods we get from the daily challenges. Why do I have 2000+ some mods and that aren't getting used? Make those more of a requirement for gearing toons. That'll make gearing up toons sooo much easier.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    The reason why there are not more diverse squads out there, is because it takes 6 months of your life to gear up anyone to a usable level. So of course I'm not going to crank up Lobot to try some squads, that would be completely dumb.
    CG needs to put in a test function where we can experiment with maxed toons. Otherwise everyone will just continue to copy the top 10 in Arena.
  • The rng of the raid pieces is what gets me, clearly they bank off of shop purchases. Droid callers, furnaces, 1400 a pop. It makes it too much rng for me to enjoy, as its not really focused farming, it's all down to drops. Can't say that buying the gear from the store is a bad business model, but still, highly frustrating for the player base.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    They don't wanna have to drop new raids monthly. Gearing is purposefully slowed. It rewards ppl that have been playing longer, that spend $ or both.

The game is a grind, as it should be. It makes u choose what to level and gear. U can't just have it all.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    I think challenge gear in raid reward is intentionally.. so that we buy gear in shipment.

*X files theme playing*
  • Caedas
    215 posts Member
    Spending currency in the fleet and guild shipments on salvage is so ridiculously overpriced that it borders on insulting. The only time I buy salvage from there is if I have 40+ of something.
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    I went 0-16 farming gear today.....maddening.

I wish we had the option of choosing Raid rewards. I continually get gear that I have 500+ of already. I have a big bottleneck going from Gear 8 to Gear 9.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    jstehly wrote: »
    I went 0-16 farming gear today.....maddening.

I wish we had the option of choosing Raid rewards. I continually get gear that I have 500+ of already. I have a big bottleneck going from Gear 8 to Gear 9.

I agree, obtaining gear seems a bit too random, even shipments which allow you to buy full pieces might not have what you need for up to a week
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Problem is only a few pieces of gear are actually utilized. I have 2000+ of other gear (TAC challenge looking at you) and at starving on so many others.

+1

Its so wasteful..... All the 1000's of pieces useless gear.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Juex777 wrote: »

+1

Its so wasteful..... All the 1000's of pieces useless gear.

It shouldn't be easy to gear up but right now it's overkill. And there's got to be something done about the waste. Gear shard shop or something.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Well, i'm sure it looks that way when you're talking about ALL the toons that need that gear... But if you farm 1 gear at a time, it's not so bad...

EDIT: I mean, if you farm 1 toon at a time, so you focus on his gears needed to get g11, then you go to the next one and so on... It's a progression game after all...
  • We live in a world now where Corporations have created an internal culture of dislike towards customers, where instead of providing a good service and get paid for it, corporate culture regards this as weak so resort to aggressive, manipulation to bully the customers into spending money. Sadly it all start from how the staff are treated by their managers, many of whome bully staff in the gaming industry saying "If you dont put up with my bullying you ca leave and someone else can have your job."

Which really defeats the point of thw whole eomplyement process because youre hiring someone for their skill and talent which should be automatically respected, since the company is the one investing in their talent.
  • Max10
    43 posts Member
    DarthHoobs wrote: »
    We live in a world now where Corporations have created an internal culture of dislike towards customers, where instead of providing a good service and get paid for it, corporate culture regards this as weak so resort to aggressive, manipulation to bully the customers into spending money. Sadly it all start from how the staff are treated by their managers, many of whome bully staff in the gaming industry saying "If you dont put up with my bullying you ca leave and someone else can have your job."

Which really defeats the point of thw whole eomplyement process because youre hiring someone for their skill and talent which should be automatically respected, since the company is the one investing in their talent.

You talking about WalMart?

I've had a theory for a while that some of the gear picked for some toons was picked incorrectly. For example Stun Guns. Mk4 I have 2300 of yet Mk5 is what you need. I think there was an incidental selection of using Mk5 when they meant Mk4 stun guns. For some characters. When they noticed they selected the incorrect piece of gear it was too late and liked the bottleneck that was created. Tuened out to be a win win for them and a banging our head on the wall for us. Just a theory as to why you are allowed to have 100's-1000's of a piece of gear.
  • There is always going to be some barrier. It's what a) encourages spending and b) gives us a sense of satisfaction regarding our teams and gives us something to progress towards. I spend very little and I already am at a point where I'm working on toons just because I like them or want to experiment, not because I actually need them. I can't imagine where I would be at if I actually bought the gear I need.

Basically, as much as I think I would love more gear, I'm not really sure I would.
  • +1 for the general message of the OP

I think that I lot would be accomplished if the devs could implement a streak breaker part of the code or improve the random number generation. The real killer for grinding is to spend 200 energy and come up with none of what you're trying to farm.

It's been noted, whoever, that the game seems to get stuck in good drops or bad drops at times when you multi-sim. In other words, if you have a bad run, you get nothing from your whole batch. If you have a good one, you can get uncharacteristically good drop rates. There's something off about the way the game does its RNG in this respect.

Adjusting that, other adjusting drop rate would go a long way.

The other thing they could do is adjust the store costs. I agree, the cost of something like a Mk5 Droid Caller salvage is insane in the shops. Either the price should be dropped or the number of units given for the current price should be increased.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    And the pricing doesn't add up
    https://imgur.com/a/7v2kc
  • The quality of life 2 update is supposed to overhaul equipment grinding. Adds inventory and able to make better gear with lower level stuff. Or that's what I read on the forum somewhere.
  • If there was a shard shop type store for gear that would be good.