How to beat QGJ Zeta

I always run into QGJ lead teams, always stronger than my regular arena team, in node 12 in GW. Sometimes after 3-4 matches I can win, but most of the time Kenobi taunts nd I cant even get rid of his protection. Is there a best squad to face these type of teams?

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    The single most potent toon vs. a zQGJ team is B2. They can't shock or daze him. His tm gain will keep them stripped of foresight, tenacity, offense up, taunt etc.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Easy win for me with Zaul, GK, DN, Zylo, Boba.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Vader's basic hits through Jedi foresight.

EP's shock shuts down Kenobi's taunt mechanic.

DN lead can also work due to lack of crits.

Biggest challenge is knocking out foresight and keeping your own toons from dying (which renews their foresight).

B2, Ventress, and Death Trooper, are all good dispellers (with B2 being the most universal).

A good squad to try is:

EP lead
    Vader
    RG
    TFP
    B2

TFP can ability block through foresight and he's fast enough to go before them especially if you have used him in earlier nodes.

My favorite squad is:

Zader
    Tarkin
    Death Trooper
    Nihilus
    RG/EP
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    It's easy with chaze even though have 10k power difference lol
  • Step 1: git gud
    Step 2: B)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    B2.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I just switched out from Vader (zL), Palpatine, Shoretrooper, Tie Fighter Pilot, B2. The only team I could beat in my arena shard was the Jedi it seemed, and this was fully geared ones with zetas. Never had any trouble with them.
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    I have zaul, emperor palp, nihilis, Zylo.... and b2.... I love seeing a Jedi team on my way up to the top...
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    As stated by several, B2 is hands down the best member to add to your team to deal with ZGJ. They get foresight, one of your toons goes and gets dodged, which triggers B2's tm gain and he dispels it from the rest. He might even leave buff immunity on them to keep them from getting it back.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    As stated by several, B2 is hands down the best member to add to your team to deal with ZGJ. They get foresight, one of your toons goes and gets dodged, which triggers B2's tm gain and he dispels it from the rest. He might even leave buff immunity on them to keep them from getting it back.

He won't leave buff immunity on them if they dodge. However if you have someone go first with an AOE they're going to miss all 5 hits and clear all 5 foresights. Then you can use B2's AOE to apply buff immunity as he'll be almost guaranteed to gain 100% TM after 5 dodges from the enemy.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

He won't leave buff immunity on them if they dodge. However if you have someone go first with an AOE they're going to miss all 5 hits and clear all 5 foresights. Then you can use B2's AOE to apply buff immunity as he'll be almost guaranteed to gain 100% TM after 5 dodges from the enemy.

True. It wouldn't land on anyone who had foresight when he used it (or naturally dodged either).
  • For as long as zQGJ has been available, I have used B2 + Baze to counter it with 100% win rate. Everyone gains foresight at the beginning, then Yoda does his tenacity + foresight spread, which means Baze gains 75% TM in total. Baze always goes right after Yoda, does his sweep, misses on everything, and then triggers B2 to go next. Never lost a battle with that combo.
  • NahWillis
    195 posts Member
    Don't forget Boba either. Jedi are squishy and Execute will turn those buffs against them. Execute QGJ with 1 team and then go back with another and the opposing team won't have his leader ability active anymore.
  • Nihilus lead works... Jedi team doesn't typically hit hard. Long match should be favorable to annihilate
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Jordy_Rain wrote: »
    Nihilus lead works... Jedi team doesn't typically hit hard. Long match should be favorable to annihilate

https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

Running a top 10 jedi team on a launch shard, I whole-heartedly disagree. Jedi hit EXTREMELY hard if built properly. Offense boost from speed, offense boost from R2, even R2 gains 40% offense on my team. Now, add to that every jedi on my team has an assist call. QGJ and Aayla boost their assists' damage even further.

I can easily drop 50k damage in 1 button push multiple times in an encounter.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Nihilus lead works... Jedi team doesn't typically hit hard. Long match should be favorable to annihilate

Without R2 , yes they not hit hard.

Nihilus lead very weak to Jedi(Need zYoda)+R2, win of offense on auto.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Poxx wrote: »

Running a top 10 jedi team on a launch shard, I whole-heartedly disagree. Jedi hit EXTREMELY hard if built properly. Offense boost from speed, offense boost from R2, even R2 gains 40% offense on my team. Now, add to that every jedi on my team has an assist call. QGJ and Aayla boost their assists' damage even further.

Do you ever try zQGJ,zYoda,GK,JKA,R2

Yoda is game changer as give foresight 3-4 times per fight.

JKA with R2 can do 28k AOE crit damage(if case of squad lower than 50% health.
  • I don't have any problems against them using a Zaul EP Vader DN B2 team, like many said before B2 is the key. Well Maul's double damage against jedi also helps.
  • RushForGoals
    111 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I have yet to zeta any characters. But I have beaten zQ team a couple of times.

First team I sent in: Wiggs, Lando, EP, RG. Might replace Lando for anything if that set up didn't work right. I am reluctant to call this a suicide squad, although they would lost eventually. However they had a primary mission: to get rid of QGJ. If you achieve this, the Jedi are no longer a zeta team for next encounter.

2nd team: Anything that were good enough to kill the remaining jedi.

Only 1 time I failed to do this due to slightly mismanaged CD and health for battle in node 11.
  • its annoying team obviously, because of the mass foresight.
    however, running B2 or TFP (that will come SECOND) kinda win it. vader and savage are good aswell - cant be evaded attacks, and also vader can inflict ability block on jedis even when evades.
    i use full sith team and i win the zQGJ teams. (Zaul, Zavage, Palp, Sidious, SA)
    so even with the foresight to all and the fact that sith are mostly AoE's damagers, the sith are still counter for jedis - Maul double-DMG, Vader's skills, Palp unique (and shock, jedis gain a lot from buffs), sidious (under maul his evasion is more effective than foresight lol), Dooku's debuff chances, SA and SiT ignore protection and can savage finish a guy with 50% HP, 100% protection and a foresight on him.
    just use the right team, Empire and Sith can do the work, b2 or TFP make it easier...
    because its GW, you can always burn away some protection and skills with suicide squad and then finish with your strong team, and you can easily make TFP come second after AoE.
  • Poxx wrote: »

well this is a freaking great team. nice man
  • I always run into QGJ lead teams, always stronger than my regular arena team, in node 12 in GW. Sometimes after 3-4 matches I can win, but most of the time Kenobi taunts nd I cant even get rid of his protection. Is there a best squad to face these type of teams?

I had this team last night in node 12.

I used Rex, B2, Zylo, Boba and R2.

B2 is the key, like the first guy said :)
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Usually smash zQGJ with Zaul Vader EP DN and TFP, heard B2 is also good but don't know what type of team you would stick him in.
  • Revi wrote: »
    Usually smash zQGJ with Zaul Vader EP DN and TFP, heard B2 is also good but don't know what type of team you would stick him in.

I use the same team as you, just with B2 instead of TFP :)
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

^^^

This. This is exactly what I do. Either Sid, or TFP or someone, then they alll get missed due to foresight, B2 gets ANGRY and unloads, no more tenacity, no more anything, and all have buff block, its a think of beauty.
  • Wow thanks guys it sucks that I don't have B2 unlocked but I have Emperor, TFP and Vader at 7 stars so I'll give them a go. Thanks again.