Sith for CritDmg Mod Challenge

Prev1
I've always find it odd to find Jawa as the requirement... It's a faction of only 5 n unlikeky to grow.
Shouldn't Sith be the req instead?
We have all thr major factions in the game together with its counterparts
-Rebel : Empire (original)
-Resistance : First Order (Sequel)
-Scoundrel
-Jedi : Jawa(?) (Prequel)
Or they can remove Jedi altogether and add GalacticRepublic : Separatists

Replies

• Skuddy
    137 posts Member
    Options
    ^ this guy doesn't have Jawas to finish the challenge
  • Options
    Skuddy wrote: »

• Options
    The purpose was to get people to farm toons they normally wouldn't. It was way worse when FO and Resistance were just as worthless as a team of Ewoks or going back even further, Empire.
  • Options
    Having nearly finished farming the Jawas I would be very annoyed if they changed it. However I agree that Sith would make more sense but I guess they weren't as much of a thing when the game came out and they can't change it because of people like me getting annoyed if they did.
  • Options

Yeah, I don't haha ^_^'
    But my point stands though... Jawas are just out of place there. At least scoundrel are a mainstay throughout prequel to sequel timeline, there's always bounty hunters.
    With the update, it should be jedi x sith or republic x separatiats... With some notice of course...so people dont feel cheated. If the motive is to encourage people to farm certain faction, why not put less popular factions like ewoks or nightsisters?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    You don't have 5 ewoks.
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Crit Damage should be for Droids if anything.

But that's just me.
  • Options
    sith for new mods, evasion mods.
    then, the zaul meta will be back HAHAHAH
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »

Yeah, I don't haha ^_^'
    But my point stands though... Jawas are just out of place there. At least scoundrel are a mainstay throughout prequel to sequel timeline, there's always bounty hunters.
    With the update, it should be jedi x sith or republic x separatiats... With some notice of course...so people dont feel cheated. If the motive is to encourage people to farm certain faction, why not put less popular factions like ewoks or nightsisters?

The whole point of those requirements was, and continues to be, to get you to farm those toons & use resources so you can farm those mods. Fortunately it doesn't require maxing those toons out... it was actually pretty smart from a business perspective
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Eh, at least it aint Nightsisters. Still, not a fan of those 5 hero factions being in mod challenges (at least Resistance now got a 6th with R2).
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options

Lol
  • Options
    Sith should have something, but they didn't have complete teams before from what I remember
  • Alrikster
    173 posts Member
    Options
    While you're at it, change resistance as well please, since i dont have a resistance team but still want those speed mods.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Options
    The purpose was to get people to farm toons they normally wouldn't.

Is this intention announced anywhere? If so, why is there not a Tusken challenge, or an Ewok challenge, or even a droid challenge? You've got Rebels, Jedi, Resistance, and Empire - if those aren't teams not normally farmed, I don't know what is.

I agree with OP. The Jawa challenge is just a weird fit among the rest. And for Sith to have no representation among Rebels, Empire, Resistance, and FO makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    McBee wrote: »

Is this intention announced anywhere? If so, why is there not a Tusken challenge, or an Ewok challenge, or even a droid challenge? You've got Rebels, Jedi, Resistance, and Empire - if those aren't teams not normally farmed, I don't know what is.

I agree with OP. The Jawa challenge is just a weird fit among the rest. And for Sith to have no representation among Rebels, Empire, Resistance, and FO makes no sense at all.

As many people have said - its clearly an attempt to get people to invest in more toons. But JE and Nebit are so useful for a P2 tank team that you're likely to get them pretty strong. Then you just need to do some minimum farming for the other three. And I don't know about you -- but the bronziums have essentially given me reg Jawa for free.... then the flash event handed you (I can't remember exactly) ~130 Scavenger shards.

Anyways, during semi-normal game progression I don't think Jawas were too far out in left field.

Unfortunately, I'm sure the **** teddy bears will likely get a 5th toon and a challenge before anyone else... still, everyone likely has Teebo, many have chirpa for P3, Elder is fairly common and the scout has also been handed to us with Bronziums.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Just mix it up. 2 murder bears, 2 resistance and uglynot.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    sith for new mods, evasion mods.
    then, the zaul meta will be back HAHAHAH

R2 will love that HAHAHAH
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    When the game first came out, the only jawas in the game were jawa and dathcha. Not long before mods were introduced, they also introduced nebit, scav, and engineer. The mod challenges were a way to get people to farm jawas and those new characters
  • Options
    McBee wrote: »

Believe it or not, few people farmed rebels until wiggs got reworked and palpatines event showed up around last august or so. Few people started farming empire until later in the year when Vader got a zeta and tfp was free to play

Most of the meta teams from the time when mods were introduced were cookie cutter teams with simple characters--stuff like phasma lead, geo soldier, qgj, Rey, Royal guard or a dooku lead with daka, Rey, royal guard, qgj
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    They had to pick from f2p toons. When mods were first released, there were only 5 total sith. 3 were f2p sith (dooku, savage, sid), the fourth was Vader (but very few people had him starred), and the last was a p2p Maul so for that reason it would have been really unfair to lock crit mods behind such limited characters.

All Jawa are f2p and were pretty easy to obtain, the hardest was JE. You also only need to gear them to g8 or so and they can beat it. Droids do make sense but they were already meta at that time so it wouldn't force players to expand their rosters.

Mods have been out for almost a year now so there really no point in arguing over something this old.
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    Options
    There should be new accuracy mods which Sith would be the required squad. 4 pieces for full set bonus so all those Wiggs out there can't just slap on 2 with their crit damage set.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »

Yeah, I don't haha ^_^'
    But my point stands though... Jawas are just out of place there.

Not at all out of place. It's a faction and has at least 5 members. Just farm them. Of you go!

• t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The purpose was to get people to farm toons they normally wouldn't. It was way worse when FO and Resistance were just as worthless as a team of Ewoks or going back even further, Empire.

So why not ewok?
    Or Nightsisters?
    Or Tusken?
    Or Separatists?
    Or...

I agree that jawa was an ODD choice

Not a droid user, but that would have made more sense. More characters to farm.
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    You don't have 5 ewoks.

Sick burn. +1
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    no jawa and you dont have jawa so farm them. it won't happen
    Post edited by Cloud24 on
  • Options
    i sympathize with the OP. i do not have jawa's even at the level to complete tier one. all my 5 dot mods from critical damage has come from luck in the mod shop.

i don't see the connection between critical damage and jawa's either but i can see the reason of trying to get you to farm toons you normally wouldn't. but for me that's a whole different can of worms. i disagree with the game trying to force players to farm toons they don't want.
  • Options
    Too bad OP. I also didn't have Jawas a month ago and farmed them up for the challenges. And no, Sith shouldn't be required. Yes I do have a couple of Siths, probably more than enough to 3* all of the challenges, but what about the others? Jawas are extremely easy to gear to VIII, which is pretty much what you need in order to 3* all the challenges.

I for example, would love if Clones were required instead of those little hooded bas ta rd s, but I'm not lucky enough.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    making sence or not, the jawa's were easier to farm than the FO members.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    i don't have either one farmed.
  • Options
    Jawas are great when you split them up in multiple teams.
    E.g. CN and JE with droids HK(L), 88 & 86.