Calling all ship TM experts

Hey all,

I'm still trying to figure out ship TM mechanics. It feels like there is just some element of randomness to it. Speed doesn't seem to drive TM/turn order the same way as squad arena. I see questionable turn order events a lot in ship arena. Sometimes I miss something that explains weirdness. Maybe one of you can explain this scenario:

My ships (speed)

Ackbar (160)
Snips (175)
5's (177)
Boba (144)
FOTP (182)
Biggs (165)

Enemy ships (speed):

Mace (123)
Snips (175)
JC (146)
5's (177)
Biggs (165)
Wedge (164)

Enemy 5's goes first when the battle starts. I would expect my FOTP to go first.

I see this happen a lot. Rarely do I go first regardless of speed advantages. Any thoughts? Is there something special with ship arena that gives a TM/speed advantage to the AI controlled fleet?

Replies

• Argarath
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    You cannot see yoir enemy ship stats, just your ship stats reflected back to you. It is a bug. Most likely his 5s are fully geared fully modded and * and has more speed than your FOTP
  • Ahh. That would explain things. Tx as always!
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member
    Learn to scout the pilot for gear and mods etc then correlate back to the ship. If his pilot is higher geared, mods, * etc then his ship is better than yours
  • HokieFiend
    444 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Do you know if there is much variation in speed? If gear, mods, * level/regular level is the same it seems like there would be a bunch of tiebreaker situations. Speaking of which, is there a stated tiebreaker for ties in speed?

Are mod * level/regular level, toon * level/regular level/ability level and ship * level/regular level the only things that drive speed? If that's the case it seems like there would be many ties with regards to speed unless there is something else like mod type that could affect it.

Maybe overall toon power might be able to have a slight affect on speed? I've only noticed the other things listed above as affecting speed.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Mod level and pips affect ship stats including speed.
    Overall toon power does NOT.
  • I'm sure there's a breakdown and spreadsheet somewhere, but the other day I checked ship stats before bumping TFP to g11. I raised his power by about 500, and that bumped the ship speed up by 1. It's not a huge change, but 1 is enough to break a tie. It's worth checking if your turn order is important to you.
  • Kapp
    35 posts Member
    Overall toon power 100% effects ship stats. You can see it when you level your gear and increase your power, all ship stats including speed are raised. Especially a lot of gear 10 and 11 items have Tactics on them and those raise ship stats even more. Things like adding Omega's and Zeta's raise your total character power which raises crew power, which raises ship stats. It varies from ship to ship, but a G9-10, no omega pilot, vs a G11 with all post G11 gear, full omega/zeta and correct mods, (protection arrow over speed arrow, etc) can raise a ships speed by about 10.
  • vlad745
    181 posts Member
    Kapp wrote: »
    Overall toon power 100% effects ship stats. You can see it when you level your gear and increase your power, all ship stats including speed are raised. Especially a lot of gear 10 and 11 items have Tactics on them and those raise ship stats even more. Things like adding Omega's and Zeta's raise your total character power which raises crew power, which raises ship stats. It varies from ship to ship, but a G9-10, no omega pilot, vs a G11 with all post G11 gear, full omega/zeta and correct mods, (protection arrow over speed arrow, etc) can raise a ships speed by about 10.

Correct. With exception of mods, for mods only thing that matters is Mk level, or number of dots and level of the mode. So Mk5 mods or 5 dot mods upgraded to lvl 15 will give you max stats. Was not paying attention to all stats, but mostly speed, so if you have one Mk4 mod on pilot ship speed will go down by 1. Same for omegas, and zeta. Each omega and zeta upgrade will give you 1 speed. So the guy with zeta on 5s will always target lock you before u go lol. Not that many around luckily...

Protection or speed arrow or any other stat for mods other that what noted above do not absolutely impact any ship stats. Play around and u will see.

• leef
    13458 posts Member

i changed some mods to protection to increase toon power (378 power increase), but no stats on the ship changed. I'll do some more testing tomorrow, but until then i remain sceptical.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

i changed some mods to protection to increase toon power (378 power increase), but no stats on the ship changed. I'll do some more testing tomorrow, but until then i remain sceptical.

Yeah, that post is wrong. The only part of a mod that matters with ships is dots and level. The type of stat has 0 impact.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Yeah, that post is wrong. The only part of a mod that matters with ships is dots and level. The type of stat has 0 impact.

that's what i thought aswell.
    So toon power doesn't affect ship stats at all. It just so happens to be that some things that influence ship stats also influence toon power, but the toon power itself does nothing for ship stats.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • So, I have TFP at 7*, lev. 85, all 3 omegas, all 5 dot level 15 mods. I also have the Imperial TIE fighter maxed at level 85 with all of the upgrades. It has 18,087 power and 190 speed. Is that as good as it gets right now?