sending ally invite after defeating a player in arena

Cloud24
206 posts Member
i don't get why you can send ally invite after defeating and ally invite when there is absolutely no communication. that's like saying hey i did beat you just to know and now you have yourself one new enemy that will always bump you

Replies

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    It can be seen many different ways. Also you can send one if you are defeated as well.

1. Good Game! Great fight, really challenging.
    2. Omg You destroyed me, be my ally and help me out in LS/DS!
    3. Wow tough fight, want to keep tabs on you to see where you fall, perhaps change my team depending on the experiance.
    4. Hey, I beat you and I want you to know that I beat you.
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    It can be seen many different ways. Also you can send one if you are defeated as well.

3. Wow tough fight, want to keep tabs on you to see where you fall, perhaps change my team depending on the experiance.

5. You have a character in the leader spot that I could use in PVE but can't be **** bothered farming.

The above is the only reason I ever send an ally request.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Bhaalor wrote: »

5. You have a character in the leader spot that I could use in PVE but can't be **** bothered farming.

The above is the only reason I ever send an ally request.

5.1 - Or zeta on that leader that I am not willing to put on, but could use on one of my nodes.
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    I have a feeling that most people send me an ally invite because my squad is unique, and they weren't expecting a tough fight.

You can have 50 allies who all look the same, or you can say, "Hm. This guy is doing something different and it surprised me. Let me make him an ally and see if I get any new options opened up in PVE."
  • If I win I don't want that loser as a friend, and if I lose hes a **** and don't want to be his friend either Lol >:)
  • Violator
    49 posts Member
    I've never thought of it that way. I send ally invites to people who have a lead I want, or people who don't have a guild so I can invite them to mine.
  • The ally invite is very situational for me. I only use it on people that take me out of a rank minutes before payout. Then I snipe them back.

Easy sequence.
    1.) Battle
    2.) Snipe
    3.) Ally Invite
  • Exeon
    10 posts Member
    Never accept anyone who invites you only take who you invite ofc
  • Exeon wrote: »

I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.
  • Exeon wrote: »

I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.

Yet you are still a criminal......
  • baked_qft
    275 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    i look at the ally invite as a sign of when someone is active. About half of our top 20 is in a discord channel, I look at those that are not as trying to communicate. I've had about 3 players send me ally invites in the hour that i'm going for arena rank, either beating me (in response to me beating them) or losing to me. I made a point of remembering who they where and that they were active at the same time as me. I therefor stopped attacking them during this timeframe. A few weeks later, one of them hit me and I returned the favour and sent them an ally request immediately. Now I never have an issue with any of them, I don't hit them and they don't hit me (in the hour we are all active). Sure, it may be coincidence, but maybe not. It's just the way I see it.
  • I use it as a virtual T-bag
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    I don't make friendship in arena. My ally is my guildmates, or someone asking me personally to be their ally bcause they need help in pve mode.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I guess this one might make sense but still was in general and not sure it belongs here

@Mageduckey
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Bhaalor wrote: »

I usually take it as #4 and pound the gloating nerf herder every chance I get... unless I get another request or two in the next few days. Then I presume it's one of the other reasons listed in this thread.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*