Say, is 1pt of speed = 10 offense or 1% crit
Just for my consideration while choosing mods
Post edited by SkyeLeonne on

Replies

• crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Speed is pretty much everything.

That being said, sometimes just one point of speed may not be worth sacrificing 100 offense for a huge damage dealer, unless you really need them to go first. So the trade-off between stats is somewhat situational, vut you should always be hunting for more speed.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Speed is important, but the insane TM manipulation of some teams, like resistance, makes it unimportant. That is a shame.
  • h0lyj03_36
    59 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    depends on how competitive you are. for me speed is nothing. i'm not even a little bit competitive. i don't pay attention to speed.
  • Soulman
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Speed and turn meter manipulation are the most important aspects of this game in every aspect of the game. However, not every character needs a super-moded speed stat; Kylo and Wedge have uniques that grant them speed. So, as crzydroid said, you have to weigh the pros and cons. Having more speed is never a bad thing.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

That being said, sometimes just one point of speed may not be worth sacrificing 100 offense for a huge damage dealer, unless you really need them to go first. So the trade-off between stats is somewhat situational, vut you should always be hunting for more speed.

Would you trade 10 speed for 100 offense then?
    Boreas wrote: »
    Speed is important, but the insane TM manipulation of some teams, like resistance, makes it unimportant. That is a shame.

Hmm, you got a point there... how important is speed for teams like ewoks or nightsisters?
  • NahWillis
    195 posts Member
    Options
    Speed is the game.

Without it you cannot compete in arena and you will struggle in Raiding.

Think of it this way, the real name of this game is Star Wars Galaxy of Speed Secondaries. Because while the heroes will come and go, the mods you equip on your teams will stay the same.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Would you trade 10 speed for 100 offense then?

Hmm, you got a point there... how important is speed for teams like ewoks or nightsisters?

At one point I added over 1000 offense to Savage Opress at the expense of 50-60 extra speed and while it worked out in a few instances, he performs better with more speed. If the AI didn't attack him he was too slow to cleanse the other Sith in my squad.

It was fun pushing over 10k power simply do it his insane offense stats but ultimately not the most effective.
  • Options
    This game speed wins!
  • Options
    Speed is the most important stat in most cases. It is a little subjective, sometimes. For example, I would not add 30 speed to my FOTP at the expense of 30% crit damage, but I would sacrifice the CD for an extra 50 speed. On the other hand, I would sacrifice just about everything else to get FOO as fast as my mods will allow.

Some heroes you want to run as fast as possible (Jyn, FOO, R2, Yoda, etc.), others you get as fast as you can while still maxing out their primary function. Ultra fast Teebo isn't much good if he can't drain the Rancor's TM.
  • Options
    Think of it this way, if you get to go 2 or 3 more times in a battle with 100 less offense and 20 more speed, you wind up hitting with way more total damage than you would if you give up 20 or 30 speed. Not to mention you'd have more opportunities for crit damage.
  • Tamonizer
    325 posts Member
    Options
    You can have gear X characters with 30+ more speed than the opponent with the same team with Gear XI + higher damage mods, and you'll probably still win.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    More important than it should be.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    This +1
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    More important than it should be.

• WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    Speed is critical in so many ways ... but agree that you need to shave a few speed points off to provide a major stat boost to say, a damage dealer - as long as it doesn't mess up your turn priority vs your opponents it's worth the trade off. It is very situational though.

But if we're just talking big picture, yes speed and TM manipulation are keys to victory in many instances.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Not really. If my JE is fast enough to go first (and he is against resistance teams) my droids will slaughter the resistance team. Hence speed wins it for me.
  • Options
    Would Speed still be critical for a character/team that have good TM manipulation?
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Options
    Hard to say what the tradeoff is. I have a +100 offense +10 speed mod on my Zylo. I wouldn't trade it out for plain +15 speed mod, as i'd just give it to another character. Though I have him at 204 speed which is fast enough for Zylo in my shard.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Would Speed still be critical for a character/team that have good TM manipulation?

You can't manipulate TM if you don't get a turn. Hence, speed wins.
  • Options
    It's actually not as important as it was even a couple months ago. I see plenty of top 10 teams with only moderate speed. Certain characters need it more than others too; i.e. palpatine, boba, tie pilot, etc need speed.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Top level arena, speed makes or breaks the match. If my boba and ability block their team, I can R2 burn, and DN drain before they can get a special off. Otherwise, Rex or some cleanser will clean up and shut me down early making the match much tougher. Speed is also important because you want certain toons to go in order. You don't want DN going before, say R2, because the enemy won't have any buffs.
  • Options
    most important 100%

if you go first with a JE or sith assassin it will count for 700% dmg, if it goes again, about 40% 45% dmg on all 5 characters based on thei TM lack at the moment of casting

Unfortunetly if you have 100 and the other team 101 SA you will loose and it doesen't count for anything
  • Options
    High risk High reward
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    Options
    Got defeated by a G8 Wiggs team and I'm G9 Wiggs, he had +60 speed, I had +40.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options

Resistance team can do it with one high speed Poe, or Zaul teams do it with a fast SAss. It's possible to do it with one very fast charaacter.
  • Options

Resistance team can do it with one high speed Poe, or Zaul teams do it with a fast SAss. It's possible to do it with one very fast charaacter.

What about Ventress in a Nightsister team?
    or any ewoks?
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nightsisters are not bad, especially with Asajj's zeta leadership which is much like Zader leader ability, they also have the only dark side mass cleanser, NS Acolyte. But they need a rework, addition of new characters with new abilities to be viable in arena. I have no idea about an ewok team, completely ignoring them :).
  • Options
    Nightsisters are not bad, especially with Asajj's zeta leadership which is much like Zader leader ability, they also have the only dark side mass cleanser, NS Acolyte. But they need a rework, addition of new characters with new abilities to be viable in arena. I have no idea about an ewok team, completely ignoring them :).

So you reckon Ventress doesn't need Speed that badly?
    She can gain TM from Leadership, Rampage, and Talia's Water of Life
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options

She needs, she is slow, the boost she gains from non buffed characters is mostly useless nowadays, that's why I said NS faction needs a rework and addition of new characters with new abilities.
  • Options

She needs, she is slow, the boost she gains from non buffed characters is mostly useless nowadays, that's why I said NS faction needs a rework and addition of new characters with new abilities.

Ta, that helps :)
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options

Ta, that helps :)

Yw, I'd really like to use Asajj too, I could use her if she had a sith tag, but under these circumstances, she is on the shelf :)...