Zavage modding under Zaul ?

hey guys, i play with Zavage under Zaul, and i often find myself sturggling vs the same, Zavage under Zaul. when i playing 5v1 vs Zavage it take me 3 minutes to kill. and sometimes when its Zavage v Zavage, i lose, even when the other Zavage don't have overpower at 50%, and only at 25%.
this might be the obvious advantage of AI (he dodges much more).
but i want to believe its about modding, and i have something to improve with my zavage.
what sets you put on him ? offense ? defense ? speed ? health.. ? cant get crit damage mods, since no 5 jawas.
your suggestion how to make zavage (under maul) a beast. i had him with speed set and health set, and when i swapped to 3 health sets it looked like a bit better. obviously because speed dont matter SO much when you have leadership and unique to gain TM, and health makes his HoTs better... but hidden gems i should know ?
thanks

Replies

• Options
    I too am interested in this. I zeta'd him last week and I'm still getting a feel for him. I decided to focus on health with dps. His HoT seems to be his strength, so I didn't use as many protection primaries. Only speed he has is incidental.
    I'm interested to see what's working for others.
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Gotta get those Crit damage mods, that makes a big difference. At the very least, make sure to have a Crit damage triangle.

After that, I focus on speed and health. Not speed mods (his base speed is too low), but speed secondaries on health/CD mods. Why the speed? While it's true that he gains tons of TM from his abilities, having a faster Zavage will cleanse your other Sith faster.... it makes it less like you'll have the dreaded Zavage Vs Zavage fight at the end if you can keep somebody like The Palp from being stunned and placing those Shock debuffs on the enemy (a must! I usually don't do the lightning, I think the shock debuff for multiple turns is to greater benefit).

I focus on health instead of protection exactly for that scenario you described. Once the protection is gone and it's Zavage Vs Zavage, having the higher health pool with all the HoTs will mean it's less likely you'll end up at 50% health, which is when Overpower finally finishes the fight. I find keeping Zavage healthier longer pays off more than hitting harder... those HoTs are just too difficult to overcome with basic attacks, no matter how much offense you stack on him

Of course, in the end, there's tons of RNG involved in this particular scenario. However, I've had the same woes you've had and this is how fights have played out best for me on my arena server.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I've recently sped up my zavage a lot. Obviously everyone needs speed -- but since he's left for last (unless someones DN can get him, LOL) the speed means he can have more effect, also a better chance of him being up when a toon is at yellow.

Speed is always king - even with tanks.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice