Are Zaul's stealth mechanics broken?

t0neg0d
616 posts Member
Here is why I think they are... can someone elaborate?

When a sith under Zaul's lead is attacked by someone who calls assist, if the first shot is evaded and the they are stealthed, the subsequent shots (assists etc) still hit (though they are stealthed when another character in the squad is not) AND they still critically hit (though the Zaul lead mechanics state otherwise).

This couldn't possibly be working as it is intended to, correct? It completely ignores the zeta lead mechanics.

Can someone please explain this to me?

Replies

• WAI if I'm not mistaken
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    I say leave it alone. They dodge more than enough to begin with.
    Technically, the assist happened first with the initiating ability. The assist "happened" before the sith had the dodge buffs.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Sounds more like there is no fix. How could ingoring the zeta mechanics be WAI?
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Technically, the assist happened first with the initiating ability. The assist "happened" before the sith had the dodge buffs.

How can you assist something that hasn't happened yet? I fire... THEN you assist. You can't assistsomeone who hasn't gone yet. Take 212th for instance. Cody fires THEN all other characters assist at the same time.
  • Exeon
    10 posts Member
    They should Remove his zeta since its clearly most op and atleast 70% Dodge is kinda overwhelming to begin with. Why should AI even has more dodge then clearly needed. Its not that AI Works well anywhere, it should be as **** as any other team on AI
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    t0neg0d wrote: »

How can you assist something that hasn't happened yet? I fire... THEN you assist. You can't assistsomeone who hasn't gone yet. Take 212th for instance. Cody fires THEN all other characters assist at the same time.

Your train of thought is on a different rail than the game you're playing.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member

Oh you don't know how much I agree with this lol. Had to at least ask what others thought. Zaul is a semi-dead meta, but this has always bugged me.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Do what I do, as soon as you start thinking "well that doesn't make sense", just stop, save yourself some stress.
  • All I know is my zaul team dodges less then my opponents zaul team in the arena. Rng favors ai or just my bad luck? Maybe I should just press autoplay lol
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Nah, I've noticed it too. They're completely screwed. My Vader dodged 3 times in a row, didn't stealth once.
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    The is no dodge "buff" on evade : the 20% evade is Maul permanent leader bonus
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

When a sith under Zaul's lead is attacked by someone who calls assist, if the first shot is evaded and the they are stealthed, the subsequent shots (assists etc) still hit (though they are stealthed when another character in the squad is not) AND they still critically hit (though the Zaul lead mechanics state otherwise).

This couldn't possibly be working as it is intended to, correct? It completely ignores the zeta lead mechanics.

Target selection was made when they were not stealthed so I see that part as WAI.

As for the crits after they are stealthed that is not WAI.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Target selection was made when they were not stealthed so I see that part as WAI.

As for the crits after they are stealthed that is not WAI.

That sounds more like what it should be. I can completely see the target aquired prior to stealth, but the critical hit after stealth is tooooo much.

• Exeon wrote: »
    They should Remove his zeta since

Oh you don't know how much I agree with this lol. Had to at least ask what others thought. Zaul is a semi-dead meta, but this has always bugged me.
    I wish that the arena will be filled with different Squads instead of only Rex and Maul leads
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Assists seem to happen before the consequence of the attack, so WAI.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • As someone who uses First Order, I can promise that assists do not crit after they are stealthed
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    As someone who uses First Order, I can promise that assists do not crit after they are stealthed

As someone who uses Zaul, I can promise that it does.
    Exeon wrote: »
    They should Remove his zeta

I'd take my zetas back... I'm ok with this option, if it continues to work as is.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Why was this moved to bugs & issues? I wasn't reporting a bug... yet
  • It's possible that ability assists do, but not lead based assists. I fight Zaul teams for first place everyday, when FOTP uses Double Tap, the first attack will crit, but not the second. What toons are critting on assists? Do you have video?
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    It's possible that ability assists do, but not lead based assists. I fight Zaul teams for first place everyday, when FOTP uses Double Tap, the first attack will crit, but not the second. What toons are critting on assists? Do you have video?

I have no idea on double attack. I only know that assist most definitely do crit. I fight wiggs/chaze all day long in arena, because (unlike you & I love the fact that you play FO) every1 uses wiggs. .With the 75% additional chance to score a crit, it happens all the time. The problem is, the 2 assists SHOULD NOT be criticals if stealth is applied after the initial attack.
  • Hmm. I asked everyone on the FO Discord channel and they definitely haven't seen it. Since FO have advantage when they start and regain it when they are called for assists, they should be critting 100%.

My only guess is that maybe assists called by abilities function differently, but I agree it should be the same regardless, especially in the case Of Double Tap. If one character can't crit twice on the same attack, why allow three to crit on Wiggs attack?
  • Just noticed an issue with my Zaul vs another. Despite critical hits from both sides, nobody regained stealth for the rest of the match, also noticed significantly less dodges from either side than i am accustomed to seeing