Character reveal Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Lilpup wrote: »
    Yeah I've never heard of him. I would think fan favorite would be someone that all the fans of star wars have heard of. Not just those who watch star wars cartoons or read comic books.

well, there are two types of fans: posers & those true & loyal to the franchise. if youre just a poser (i hope not, coz, a significant number, including myself, truly hate them w/ a passion), then, yes, you wouldnt have known who thrawn is. those true & loyal to the franchise, no matter when they started, will know who thrawn is - even research him (both canon & legends) & get the necessary materials & merchandise if they have to.

that being said, just so you know, thrawn is the grand admiral & one of the top most dangerous characters in the franchise next to tarkin, vader & the emperor. he even got his own novel & featured in the rebels series (albeit a way toned down & too wimpy version). he is as ruthless & brutal as the head honchos of the empire, but, unlike them, he leads by exemplifying loyalty instead of fear.

my only hope & wish is that ea & the devs give him justice by releasing his toon to be as great as the novel equivalent (noting his near force like tactical acuity, a significantly high chance of cleansing, gaining advantage & foresight should do it). with the influx of rebels, it is only fair that they bring him in, being a successful rebel hunter of sorts in the franchise.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Yeah I've never heard of him. I would think fan favorite would be someone that all the fans of star wars have heard of. Not just those who watch star wars cartoons or read comic books.

Why would you feel only those who have seen the movies are the fans?

I mean i guess you could have seen the movies and not be a fan, like if after watching them you decided that you weren't a fan.

What about those who have seen the movies AND read the books?
  • Options
    M_L wrote: »
    so.... is he supposed to be the june fan favorite? 'cause while i like his design, i've never heard of him 'til i came to the forum for this game

sigh - its exactly just what ive said earlier...

dont just be a poser fan, be true & loyal to the franchise so youll know. dont just stick to the canon muck that disney shoved up everyone elses behinds, get the legends too.

if youre into the dark side & the empire, youll definitely love the toon (if its indeed thrawn w/c im truly hoping it is w/ the appropriate abilities based on the novels - yes, will be keeping my fingers crossed til then).
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    I mean i guess you could have seen the movies and not be a fan, like if after watching them you decided that you weren't a fan.
    Fandom is not a dichotomy. It's not separated into fans and not-fans. You can watch the movie, like it, and still not be a Star Wars fan.
    The root word for fan is fanatic, after all.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Golly. The amount of hot air coming over speculation is impressive.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

You mean if you started by watching episode one? ;)
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Me2 wrote: »

You mean if you started by watching episode one? ;)

Lol. I was thinking the same thing.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options

well, there are two types of fans: posers & those true & loyal to the franchise. if youre just a poser (i hope not, coz, a significant number, including myself, truly hate them w/ a passion), then, yes, you wouldnt have known who thrawn is. those true & loyal to the franchise, no matter when they started, will know who thrawn is - even research him (both canon & legends) & get the necessary materials & merchandise if they have to.

that being said, just so you know, thrawn is the grand admiral & one of the top most dangerous characters in the franchise next to tarkin, vader & the emperor. he even got his own novel & featured in the rebels series (albeit a way toned down & too wimpy version). he is as ruthless & brutal as the head honchos of the empire, but, unlike them, he leads by exemplifying loyalty instead of fear.

my only hope & wish is that ea & the devs give him justice by releasing his toon to be as great as the novel equivalent (noting his near force like tactical acuity, a significantly high chance of cleansing, gaining advantage & foresight should do it). with the influx of rebels, it is only fair that they bring him in, being a successful rebel hunter of sorts in the franchise.

What about those who have seen the movies AND read the books?

What about them?
  • Options
    I'm find it interesting that grown adults who watched a movie when they were kids that captured their imagination so much that they grow up and spend time playing a silly video game based off it are too good to read a comic book or watch an animated show.

Just kidding I don't find it interesting at all.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »

So your star wars knowledge is limited to the movies. Gotcha. Doesn't mean Thrawn isn't a fan fav. Revan is a fan fav also. So is Mara Jade(introduced in the Thrawn trilogy btw) do yourself a favor and get into the lore of star wars. Will make the movies better.

It's not George Lucas. The expanded universe is nothing more than glorified fan fiction.. im not saying they shouldnt make toons from Zahns books, Im just saying that if you tell us we are getting a fan favorite, it shouldn't be someone that only those who have read the books have heard of and thus are a fan of. I would think the majority that play this game became fans Star Wars by first watching at least one of the movies, and that this character targets the minority of the fans.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options

So your star wars knowledge is limited to the movies. Gotcha. Doesn't mean Thrawn isn't a fan fav. Revan is a fan fav also. So is Mara Jade(introduced in the Thrawn trilogy btw) do yourself a favor and get into the lore of star wars. Will make the movies better.

It's not George Lucas. The expanded universe is nothing more than glorified fan fiction..

Shots Fired!!!!!

• Options
    Note to devs- never say fan fav again. Please. We re on the forums of a mobile game of Star Wars --- we are Groot... I mean we are all fans.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Note to devs- never say fan fav again. Please. We re on the forums of a mobile game of Star Wars --- we are Groot... I mean we are all fans.

Agreed
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options

It's not George Lucas. The expanded universe is nothing more than glorified fan fiction.. im not saying they shouldnt make toons from Zahns books, Im just saying that if you tell us we are getting a fan favorite, it shouldn't be someone that only those who have read the books have heard of and thus are a fan of. I would think the majority that play this game became fans Star Wars by first watching at least one of the movies, and that this character targets the minority of the fans.

That's funny considering Lucas had to approve it and they had to follow guide lines and restrictions.

By your logic, the new movies are glorified fan fiction.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Ouchie wrote: »

It's not George Lucas. The expanded universe is nothing more than glorified fan fiction..

Shots Fired!!!!!

:flushed:
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    Options

Generally i'd take your point but Thrawn is different and Zahns books were the only ones i read that actually rose above fan fiction level and quality, wildly popular amongst more than 15 million star wars fans that read them.. so much so that he made it into star wars rebels.

If you missed it then i'd understand you being confused by the choice but he would be an even higher percentage of people that play this game's favorite than the general star wars fan population and then again of those that post on this forum so i don't see any problem with him being considered "A" fan favorite at all... maybe not yours but then i couldn't care less about someone like jango who was actually in one of the films and a few people were hoping for, it's a pretty subjective term..
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

Thrawn was born from your idea of "glorified fan fiction." He is now part of our Star Wars universe. I suppose that means he is no longer fan fiction and has been promoted to just plain old Star Wars fiction.
  • Options

Empire and ROTJ were not written and directed entirely by Lucas. So I guess those don't count either.

And don't get me started on the special editions or the prequels for that matter, he may have made star wars but he did not make it better.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options

For the average casual fan of star wars maybe. I would venture to say that many people dropping money and still playing after all this time are probably more than your average fan. Does everyone know Thrawn? Nah. Everyone doesn't know revan or even movie characters like wicket(never say his name once in the movie). Get off your its not Lucas high horse. Your boy also made Jar Jar and trash prequels. Give me a real character builder like Zahn over a washed up Lucas any day.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I am inspired by the passion of the forums to indeed read the trilogy...could someone send me them?

• Options
    I am inspired by the passion of the forums to indeed read the trilogy.

The new one is great. I'm reading the trilogy now.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options

Empire and ROTJ were not written and directed entirely by Lucas. So I guess those don't count either.

And don't get me started on the special editions or the prequels for that matter, he may have made star wars but he did not make it better.

Only the good parts were.
  • Jonsolo32
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone remember playing x-wing vs tie fighter on PC? I wish they would remake that series with THrawn in it.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    If anyone remember the tie fighter video game Thrawn was in that too. Dude is a fan fav end of story. Is the the most favorite of favorites with everyone certainly not but Thrawn is qualified. Padme, Jango, and lots of others could be considered fan favs.
  • Options
    Another unnecessary unexciting character, cool. Tarkin v2. But he's blue and has books about him. Whoopdeedoo.
  • Options
    EU Fans, u got your wish, now make sure you spend money on him so we don't have to.
    Now please shut up and don't ask for anymore EU characters that only 10 people know of...
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    EU Fans, u got your wish, now make sure you spend money on him so we don't have to.
    Now please shut up and don't ask for anymore EU characters that only 10 people know of...

Yes let's keep asking for nightsisters who no one cares about. Fact is most of the EU characters are just more interesting as characters. What did Jango ever do? Besides be a glorified **** donor and get his head chopped off like a punk? P.S. Thrawn is canon now.
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it's commander Sato. Can't have the rebels falling behind now can we?

Evil just evil
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    Striker wrote: »
    where did you get info? source?

If you compare the rebels thrawn to silhouette they match perfectly. My youngest son did it and showed us.
  • Options
    Another unnecessary unexciting character, cool. Tarkin v2. But he's blue and has books about him. Whoopdeedoo.

I find your lack of Star Wars knowledge disturbing.
This discussion has been closed.