Unstoppable Kylo...

Just had an arena match were I only had one character left and my opponent only had one character left. His toon was a Zylo and his Zylo stunned my toon with his Unstoppable power, and then usead that same power at least 3 more times in a row stunning my toon over and over until he was dead. I know for a fact that power has a cool down unless Kylo takes damage but even then there is only a 50% chance that the cool downs reset. So I guess my question is when a DOT effect goes away and causes damage does that damage count towards a chance to reset Zylo' s cool downs cause that is the only explanation that I can come up with as to how he was able to use the unstoppable power at least three times in a row when there were no other toons on the field to damage him.

Replies

• Yes that's what happens.
  • Yes that's what happens.

For some reason when I read the description DOT effects never entered my mind as a way to rest Zylo's cool downs thank you for the clarification on my suspicions.
  • He adds dot to himself to help reset his specials. That and his zeta make him great. To take him down, block his heal and/or stun him.
  • Yeah I tried to stun him and failed and them he went on an unstoppable rampage and that was all she wrote for me.
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    That is RNG working against you. Often I was glad and lucky to have Kylo as last man standing and have RNg working for me. Dooku can do the same and kill 2-3 opponents while being the only one left - bonus attack, stun, bonus attack, stun again ... even worse when under DN lead.
  • Yeah I know what you mean on that front to.
  • Dooku zeta is way OP when under Nihilus lead with 150% health steal. Nihilus lead should stop if he dies.No toon should be able to solo in arena. I hope they fix this to being more balance.
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    DarthHoobs wrote: »
    Dooku zeta is way OP when under Nihilus lead with 150% health steal. Nihilus lead should stop if he dies.No toon should be able to solo in arena. I hope they fix this to being more balance.

No need to do this. You can handle Dooku with stun, heal immunity, daze, shock ... When you get your chance he is easy to defeat.
  • Diel wrote: »
    DarthHoobs wrote: »
    Dooku zeta is way OP when under Nihilus lead with 150% health steal. Nihilus lead should stop if he dies.No toon should be able to solo in arena. I hope they fix this to being more balance.

No need to do this. You can handle Dooku with stun, heal immunity, daze, shock ... When you get your chance he is easy to defeat.

Problem is then having to change arena teams which may not be the team you want to play defense, just to beat Dooku or Kylo... if they let you set a defense team separate to what you use for attack, that could being some balance. Maybe.
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    I really was ***** because of Dooku and would have done everything to remove him from CG database completely. Really, really *****. Until I found out how to handle him.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    DoT's reduce Kylo's cooldowns? So DoT's trigger a "hit"?
    Do they trigger Deathtrooper or B2's TM gain skills when someone takes DoT damage?
    I've never noticed this before, except on AAT raid with Grievous.
  • Every dot provides a chance for Kylo's cooldowns to reset. Four dots, four 50% rolls.
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    No, he takes minimal damage from the DoTs he puts on himself when using a special. And this damage triggers the cooldown reset - at least this is how I understand his ability.
  • Diel wrote: »
    No, he takes minimal damage from the DoTs he puts on himself when using a special. And this damage triggers the cooldown reset - at least this is how I understand his ability.

You're right
  • DoT's reduce Kylo's cooldowns? So DoT's trigger a "hit"?
    Do they trigger Deathtrooper or B2's TM gain skills when someone takes DoT damage?
    I've never noticed this before, except on AAT raid with Grievous.
    B2 only gets TM if an ally takes damage from an attack. Deathtrooper's TM gain should work, I think.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Ahh, Kylo's ability is on "take damage". B2's specifically states if an ally "gets attacked".
    DeathTrooper's unique also says if Krennic "takes damage", so TM gain should trigger if Krennic has DoT's, but I've never watched to see if it happens.