quick question about a nihilus lead

flux_rono
2120 posts Member
i know that when you use him for gw, after the first battle with him as leader your protections are zero for the sith in the squad.
is this the same for an enemy in gw when you kill the nihilus in the first round? i fought a nihilus, kenobi, r2, sith trooper, and zylo so the only two affected by his lead is himself and sith trooper. i began the battle by removing nihilus and kenobi and thanks to buff immunity i didn't have to focus sith trooper from his auto taunt. after that i lose and when back into the battle but sith trooper had full protection at that point and i'm not sure that it was correct. shouldn't his protection be zero form the nihilus lead at this point?
unfortunately i don't have any pictures as i didn't expect that to happen and didn't think about it on the second battle

Replies

• Options
    Ummm I assume his protection should be 0? Sith do not regenerate their protection once used under a DN lead, except for when Sith Trooper gains bonus (purple) protection?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like it's WAI. I would screenshot mext time it happens and tag the devs
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like it's WAI. I would screenshot mext time it happens and tag the devs

that was my plan, but wanted to see if other people though it was a bug first or correct
    Jay_1997_C wrote: »
    Ummm I assume his protection should be 0? Sith do not regenerate their protection once used under a DN lead, except for when Sith Trooper gains bonus (purple) protection?

i would as well but he had full blue protection on the second battle
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No this should not be the case. Any damage done to an enemy should carry over between battle in the same node, at least that is how it works when you send in a B team to take out a toon.

I would document and send a bug report. Good catch.
  • Options
    if sith trooper was at full health when the battle ended under a nihi ld, yes he will regain prot. that is how nihi sith work as intended. because their health pool IS health + prot. so without nihi if they were at full health previously with nihi, it just takes the prot out of health and back into the prot pool.
    now if he was say 50/50 even split health and prot normally, you use him with nihi, lose nihi and trooper is at 75% total health. next battle without that nihi ld he will have full health and only 50% protection.

yes this can be used to pseudo "heal" your sith in gw but it works correctly
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    if sith trooper was at full health when the battle ended under a nihi ld, yes he will regain prot. that is how nihi sith work as intended. because their health pool IS health + prot. so without nihi if they were at full health previously with nihi, it just takes the prot out of health and back into the prot pool.
    now if he was say 50/50 even split health and prot normally, you use him with nihi, lose nihi and trooper is at 75% total health. next battle without that nihi ld he will have full health and only 50% protection.

yes this can be used to pseudo "heal" your sith in gw but it works correctly

that is the opposite of what happens. i've never seen them regain protection after nihilus lead when your using him
  • Options
    yes they do. their prot is still existent under dn ld it just counts as health. it doesnt disappear.
  • Options
    they wont auto heal. but if for example you do a battle with sith(no dn ld) and they lose their prot. you then go into the next gw battle with nihi ld, those wounded sith will statt the battle with at say 50% health. because their prot was at 0. if you then finish the dn ld battle with sith at max health, that prot part of their health is then put back into their prot pool if you go into the next battle without dn ld. thats what i meant by pseudo "heal"
  • Options
    Trooper can gain the protection up buff, if he had it when the battle ended then on the next battle his protection will be equal to whatever the protection up buff was left on him (which can easily hit 100%)
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    they wont auto heal. but if for example you do a battle with sith(no dn ld) and they lose their prot. you then go into the next gw battle with nihi ld, those wounded sith will statt the battle with at say 50% health. because their prot was at 0. if you then finish the dn ld battle with sith at max health, that prot part of their health is then put back into their prot pool if you go into the next battle without dn ld. thats what i meant by pseudo "heal"

That's not true, once you've done a battle with Nihilus lead your sith lose their protection permanently for the rest of gw. UNLESS they've changed that in the past week when I switched to running empire for GW. If they haven't changed it in the past week then what I'm saying is my experience running DN lead for GW every day, from the time he was released until last week
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Rakim wrote: »

That's not true, once you've done a battle with Nihilus lead your sith lose their protection permanently for the rest of gw

Yes. I don't run Nihilus lead for this exact reason in GW. Palp is a much better alternative because of this.
  • Narmacil
    17 posts Member
    Options
    yes they do. their prot is still existent under dn ld it just counts as health. it doesnt disappear.

Hmm, it would be nice if this were the case, but I've never had it work like that. If I use DN lead once, prot is gone on all used Sith for the rest of GW (regardless of lead). It seems to count prot as health and, at the end of battle, considers prot to be 0% and health to be 100%. This carries over into the next node as 0% prot and 100% health. Basically, if you use DN lead at the start to pre-load TM, you are sacrificing all protection for the rest of that GW.

This doesn't seem to be working as intended (though it makes sense with basic GW mechanics). Anyway, that is how it has always worked for me.
  • Options

It does "disappear" in the sense that if you use another lead after using nihilus, the protection will be zero even if you took no damage under the nihilus lead
  • Options
    my sith have always had their health seperated back into prot and health when i swap from dn ld in gw
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rakim wrote: »

That's not true, once you've done a battle with Nihilus lead your sith lose their protection permanently for the rest of gw

This is true, if you use DN lead and switch after (in GW) you lose all protection, even if at full health before the switch.

So knowing that, it should be the same for the other side, or changed on how it works for the player.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    my sith have always had their health seperated back into prot and health when i swap from dn ld in gw

since yours is easier to prove then mine please show us some pic's once you do a gw
  • Options

Maybe they fixed it. Are you sure your are completing at least one battle under nihilus?
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    I only run DN lead if I 1) plan on going the distance or 2) if I use him late in the final nodes.
  • Options
    yea, and pictures wouldnt prove it because you wouldnt have the timestamps or proof that the battles are where i say they are
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    yea, and pictures wouldnt prove it because you wouldnt have the timestamps or proof that the battles are where i say they are

Video then.
  • Options

Never experienced that. My Sith always have no protection after a battle with Nihilus Lead, that is why i prefer EP lead. When I use Nihilus, it is because the enemy has a Rex lead, Zarris or GK, in order not to trigger their abilities on critical hits. And since their protection is gone then, I stick with Nihilus lead for the rest of the war when using my sith, unless their protection was already gone before using Nihilus.
  • Nova44
    30 posts Member
    Options
    I use Nihilus lead in GW every day with dooku and vader and when i put them into battle the first time i see that their protection is converted into health. Then the next time i use them right before i enter into battle they have no protection in the character screen and when i enter the battle. However just before the battle starts and every character begins to fill turn meter i see that my sith gain extra health( not any healing only that the number of health pips increases and thereby increasing their max health) i dont know how that happens just that it does.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    Nova44 wrote: »
    I use Nihilus lead in GW every day with dooku and vader and when i put them into battle the first time i see that their protection is converted into health. Then the next time i use them right before i enter into battle they have no protection in the character screen and when i enter the battle. However just before the battle starts and every character begins to fill turn meter i see that my sith gain extra health( not any healing only that the number of health pips increases and thereby increasing their max health) i dont know how that happens just that it does.

JUST A THEORY

they still get the extra max health i think but they just need to refill there health bar. but it shows there health as if they have full. so lets say 30,000 protection and 30,000 hp would be 60,000 round 1... round 2 is 0/30,000 protection and 30,000/30,000 hp so there total would be 30,000/60,000 but the bar looks full and they need to refill it (this was the case i think in a question i had long ago, i belive its how it works at least)
    or maybe the extra hp stays but they just don't have protections while still with nihilus aka round 2 total being 45,000/30,000 hp
  • Options
    maybe it stays but doesnt show up because its not actually active?
  • Options
    Having used DN in a variety of ways no, toons do not get their protection back to 100% the next time they start. Whether it's WAI or a bug in GW is up for discussion, but the way it works is once they complete a battle under DN, their protection is gone.

Some of them might mechanically gain it back, like Dukes, but that's self evident.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    When it comes to taking multiple attempts against an opponent, the same rules don't apply AFAIK. You're the one taking multiple attempts, not your opponent.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    When it comes to taking multiple attempts against an opponent, the same rules don't apply AFAIK. You're the one taking multiple attempts, not your opponent.

True, but when you lose your team to an enemy GW squad their health, protection, TM and abilities all remain where they were when your last toon died. So Sith Trooper should technically have no protection left.

I mean, truthfully he SHOULD have as much protection left as additional health past his max health he had at the end of the battle, but if they can't code that for our squads in GW, they aren't going to bother coding that for the enemy teams.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    I just tested this, and NO, Sith do NOT get their protection back if you change your leader from Nihilus.
  • Options
    Sith Trooper does not get Protection back if you take Nihilus out, but he only gains Protection Up (5%) For two turns for each debuffed enemy, which means it's not permanent, take it from someone who uses them
  • PowerMaster
    102 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The protection issue does make Phoenix team quite good at GW. If you have Protection Up at the end of a fight, it will convert to protection for the next fight. However, it does not allow you to go over 100% of you protection.
    I started using Kanan with my Jedi team. Will pop his protection up on Yoda, then share with yoda's ability.
    Usually able to time it right where all but Yoda will still have it active at end of battle. My Yoda is just too fast (speed around 225) and his abilities usually will add turn meter. So he burns 2 rounds too fast normally and it expires before I finish node.

*Edit*
    I did try to see if you could overcharge health on DN Sith team this way. It did not work,