The Problem with Stun Guns & Cuffs

Prev13
Tedbeast
218 posts Member
edited June 2017
Dear Devs,
How many players have quit (stopped giving you money) due to the ridiculous drop rate of stun cuffs and stun guns? The rebel and/or light side imbalance is nothing compared to the soul crushing grind of farming these up! Either increase the drop rate or add them to Plo Koon's challenges.

*edit for autocorrect failures*
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    They can also develop a gear heist, j/s
  • Options
    I don't have problems with cuffs. Takes about 4-5 days to get a full one. Guns are a bit harder but not that hard.
    Now raid gear like Furnaces, Nubians, Droid Callers... This is the real deal. I've been waiting for a Droid Caller for about month and a half now.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have problems with cuffs. Takes about 4-5 days to get a full one. Guns are a bit harder but not that hard.
    Now raid gear like Furnaces, Nubians, Droid Callers... This is the real deal. I've been waiting for a Droid Caller for about month and a half now.
    It's different for different people because of their rosters. (I think?) the universal agreement is the gear crunch is a bit over the top in the current incarnation though.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options

That also is garbage, but how do you gear up teams to be able to raid if you can't get the gear to drop?

The gear grind has to be THE MOST annoying thing about this game, second is the slow energy recharge. (Cept they are dumb to realize fixing one of those will fix both.)
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    I do want to take a moment during my rant against the game, to applaud the mod challenge change. Thank You, this is what was NEEDED, if you build a team just for the purpose of completing the mod challenges (F U Resistance!) you should be rewarded with a 100% drop rate of a mod (given that you then have to sift through garbage mods or can't ever get a flippin' triangle to drop), but that brings me back to my point! The gear grind is so disheartening that YOU (the Devs) loose out on so many micro transactions by players quitting once they get to high level, then find out they need a particular faction or synergy and have to re-geargrind and the time it takes to do that over and over and over and over and over.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Cuffs can be bought from fleet shipments pretty easily, but 50 salvage is the same cost as three zeta ability materials so keep that in mind, stun guns are there too but I don't think they are needed as much. Also I don't think that is Plo Koon by the challenge table, just some random alien of the same species as him
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Cuffs can be bought from fleet shipments pretty easily, but 50 salvage is the same cost as three zeta ability materials so keep that in mind, stun guns are there too but I don't think they are needed as much. Also I don't think that is Plo Koon by the challenge table, just some random alien of the same species as him

Aren't those also obtained via lvl 9 light / dark side battles? Which would bring me back to my point of drop rates.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Classic post about not buying into the game due to specific drop rates or character bias, but still supports it by playing every day. You win OP.
  • Options
    Maybe the Devs should do to gear drop what they did to mod drop!
    Have A 100% drop rate then maybe everyone would be a lil happier
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

No. There is a grind for a reason. Plenty of people spend tons of cash farming this gear. Really wouldn't appreciate handing out gear for free.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Tedbeast wrote: »

Aren't those also obtained via lvl 9 light / dark side battles? Which would bring me back to my point of drop rates.

Ya, just choose whichever method you think is better
  • Options
    You can always quit ya know. We would all miss you though
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options

That sounds pretty good, but maybe it should require a special sim ticket or something otherwise people would complain about how much cheaper farming gear is through energy than getting it in shipments
  • Options
    https://www.appannie.com/en/apps/google-play/top/united-states/overall/

SWGOH is number 8 on the top grossing games for Android. A large part of why is because we need to buy gear.

It is what it is.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options

That sounds pretty good, but maybe it should require a special sim ticket or something otherwise people would complain about how much cheaper farming gear is through energy than getting it in shipments

100% drop rate on all modes seems excessive, how about 100% drop rate on hard modes only? And increase normal drop rate by 50%? That way you're guaranteed at least 3 a day.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options

100% drop rate on all modes seems excessive, how about 100% drop rate on hard modes only? And increase normal drop rate by 50%? That way you're guaranteed at least 3 a day.

Impossible for them to do it. If all stuffs become easy, then where the $$$ come from?

Exclusive chars? No.. they're not exclusive, not game-changing. I guess it come from gear.. crystals.
  • Options
    The grind for gear should be different at each gear level. You shouldn't need stun cuffs to make pieces for gear level X and XI. Just as you don't need raid pieces to make gear IX pieces or go from V to VI. Once you hop from IX to X you should only need raid gear and other higher tier gear.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Impossible for them to do it. If all stuffs become easy, then where the $$$ come from?

Exclusive chars? No.. they're not exclusive, not game-changing. I guess it come from gear.. crystals.

The only time I spend real money on this game is to get shards for characters I want to play, because I don't want to wait, that's a much better method.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    The grind for gear should be different at each gear level. You shouldn't need stun cuffs to make pieces for gear level X and XI. Just as you don't need raid pieces to make gear IX pieces or go from V to VI. Once you hop from IX to X you should only need raid gear and other higher tier gear.

I agree with this as well, some characters are so much harder to gear than others.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

The mod drops are mostly dropping almost worthless mods that would cost 500k to level up if you were ignorant enough to do that.

It is demoralizing to spend a couple energy refreshes and sometimes get only 2 cuffs.

The gear crunch is definitely a bit broken yes, but it should still be challenging to level up gear.
  • Options
    My problem with the gear is that so many characters need the exact same piece like stun cuffs or guns. Shouldn't characters have unique gear to them? I have like 20 characters that need stun cuffs and guns. Ridiculous. The reason why so many players get stuck a gear level 8. It should be challenging but not that ******* challenging.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options

The only time I spend real money on this game is to get shards for characters I want to play, because I don't want to wait, that's a much better method.

LOL.... They're not really any good unless they are well geared.... Unless you're still relatively low level
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Juex777 wrote: »

LOL.... They're not really any good unless they are well geared.... Unless you're still relatively low level

And that's backwards.
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    Carbantis!!!
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Have any of you looked up how much money CG/EA are pulling in a day off this game?

120k+ a DAY... I'll let that sink in for a second...

Seriously, that is the average YEARLY income for a solid dev. I'm sure they cover their yearly overhead in a month... considering that it becomes all the more painfully obvious there is no QA team working at CG.

I think they could afford be a little more generous, a little less greedy. A slight increase to the drop rate isn't going to crush their earnings.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Have any of you looked up how much money CG/EA are pulling in a day off this game?

120k+ a DAY... I'll let that sink in for a second...

I think they could afford be a little more generous, a little less greedy. A slight increase to the drop rate isn't going to crush their earnings.

Well if gearing up people quicker meant I could have a bigger roster with characters I want to play instead, 'have' to play (Rebels and Resistance). I'd probably spend more money on this game, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that'd have more incentive to spend money if this were the case.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options

My money is spend on gear. Shards also, but not so much as gear. Same like u, bcause i don't wanna wait. Refill energy and long farm with ridiculous drop rate are boring.

What we're gonna do? :disappointed:
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options

My money is spend on gear. Shards also, but not so much as gear. Same like u, bcause i don't wanna wait. Refill energy and long farm with ridiculous drop rate are boring.

What we're gonna do? :disappointed:

You can't see gear, it's arbitrary behind the scenes stats. The real money maker is getting people new characters something they can see & 'feel'! That's where the money is at! This gear grind only frustrates people.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

No. There is a grind for a reason. Plenty of people spend tons of cash farming this gear. Really wouldn't appreciate handing out gear for free.

I don't know, making one person unhappy to make countless others happy seems worth it to me.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    While it's annoying that so many heroes need Stun Guns (and mk3 holos, for that matter), at least you can buy them from fleet and plan ahead to gear up a hero. What I find really annoying is the raid-specific gear that's entirely random, and basically impossible to plan against. I've gone an entire month without getting drops of furnaces or droid callers when I really needed them. And it's only gotten worse with the mk6 therm dets, which you can buy in 2 packs for 800 guild coins or 700 fleet tokens. Meanwhile, I keep getting gear rewards from raids that I can farm from the challenges. Awesome.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m