Arena Change Idea.. zaul/chaze/rex is getting boring

This is just my opinion and would like to see if anyone else thinks this is a good idea..
In ships you can call reinforcements. I like this concept, in arena i dont think having multiple would work but what if we had one from an ally ?

It would make arena alot more exciting and change up the current stale state in most older shards.

Obvcourse people will say "what if i dont have powerful allies it would be unfair"
And to that i say.. there is literally hundreds of people out there with max geared 7* toons willing to share them. Shop around.

So with the current "meta" or state of affairs i think its safe to say adding or reworking new characters at this point doesnt do much and i personally feel arena has become a bit boring.

Replies

• Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    While it would be great to have more arena options / diversity, I cannot say I agree with this method.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Please no. Leave it unique for fleets. With the way it is now, both arenas feel very different and completely unlike the other. I like this. More logistics (planning before the match starts) is required for normal arena, whereas more tactics (changing strategy mid-fight) is required for unknown reinforcements that appear halfway through. Fleet is like a mini chess game with a beginning (pre-match) middle first and/or second turns, and an endgame.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • C0LIN_OF_JEDAH
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    While it would be great to have more arena options / diversity, I cannot say I agree with this method.

What would you do instead? Because you haveto admit arena is pretty boring now..i run an empire team with EP lead and its fun but i NEED to run rex or nihlus or chaze wiggs if i wanto hit top 10 and its just boring man
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    Please no. Leave it unique for fleets. With the way it is now, both arenas feel very different and completely unlike the other. I like this. More logistics (planning before the match starts) is required for normal arena, whereas more tactics (changing strategy mid-fight) is required for unknown reinforcements that appear halfway through. Fleet is like a mini chess game with a beginning (pre-match) middle first and/or second turns, and an endgame.

Lol at comparing fleet to chess
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Kitch wrote: »

Worst chess game, ever.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Kitch wrote: »

Only in that one aspect, don't over analyze it. The point is I like how different the two arena types 'feel'.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Options
    Lets not get hung up on one comment.. any opinions to add of your own that are productive..then please do so ?
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options

What would you do instead? Because you haveto admit arena is pretty boring now..i run an empire team with EP lead and its fun but i NEED to run rex or nihlus or chaze wiggs if i wanto hit top 10 and its just boring man
    Yeah, arena could use some life. I'd definitely nerf Chaze and, or, add reworks to old toons that could use some help.
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    Options

Not running DN, Chaze, Wiggs and get 1st anytime. Arena is fine.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I just would like more content. It's really dumb that people have these huge rosters that sit around doing nothing. Besides new game modes, a new raid and new events..... There really should be a Sandbox.
  • Options
    I'd like to have a drastic change to the arena....

Only being allowed to undertake 5 battles with any toon in a 48 hour period. Ie if you use one set of toons on a Monday for all five battles, you need to use a different set of toons on the Tuesday, then on Wednesday your first set will available again.

This will promote diversity in team choice, reward those that invest in large squads, add tactical thinking over what toons to use and when... and in my mind be more fun!
  • Options
    MukkaMatt wrote: »
    I'd like to have a drastic change to the arena....

Only being allowed to undertake 5 battles with any toon in a 48 hour period. Ie if you use one set of toons on a Monday for all five battles, you need to use a different set of toons on the Tuesday, then on Wednesday your first set will available again.

This will promote diversity in team choice, reward those that invest in large squads, add tactical thinking over what toons to use and when... and in my mind be more fun!

lol ohh give it a break
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    with your suggested method everyone would still be borrowing whatever meta 6 toon teams consist of, nothing changes fundamentally.
  • Lib
    6 posts Member
    Options
    What would really make arena a little more diverse and "more fun" would be an easier way of retaining and swapping mods. Maybe being able to label entire set and save or assign to a toon. I would love to run more diverse or at least different teams but we all know arena comes down to 1 thing. Speed. I personally find it a nightmare to switch mods which makes it a nightmare to switch teams. If that aspect of the game got an overhaul we might actually see some out of the box teams. They won't all be top ten material but it would make areana more enjoyable.
  • Rystarvz
    85 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If you remove those 3 all that would happen is the next 3 in line would then be the "META" as its a copy cat game.

Also as far as OP's idea, in theory its nice however I wouldn't think stacking leaderships would be a good thing for arena. I wouldn't mind a reinforcement as long as you wouldn't gain their leadership ability. It would also suck as timeout teams would be the new meta as you could have Chaze then reienforce with Shoretrooper then have double tanks. Would make arena much more time consuming as you would have to up the time per match.

I am also for leaving it as is, and the meta shifts in its own time, people are just crying now but any changes made will focus the crying elsewhere, but the crying will still continue.

Leave it as is~
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    with your suggested method everyone would still be borrowing whatever meta 6 toon teams consist of, nothing changes fundamentally.

Yeah..good point, however its pretty much a consensus at this poont arena needs a rework.. maybe reworking mods so speed is replaced with something else apart from the arrow.. that way you can focus on other things and the meta could shift a bit