What's your thoughts on meta teams?

I think people who use them are boring and uncreative. We need more diversity. We need more characters like chaze, Kenobi and Rex and such that are good. That's a way to bring diversity. I know this game is PTW so therefore Ugnaught will never be good but we need more characters that are great like them. Don't nerf them make more characters like them so we get more than just one to three teams that are competitive. Like why even make Phoenix squadron when they suck.

Replies

• RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    It's VERY boring.. but hey it's rewarding crystals. So who cares? lol :lol:
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

I just want a game mode that isn't repetitive. Make GW where instead of fighting player teams that get harder make it take random characters or full synergy squads and make them the enemy. So we fight different teams everyday.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

I just want a game mode that isn't repetitive. Make GW where instead of fighting player teams that get harder make it take random characters or full synergy squads and make them the enemy. So we fight different teams everyday.

It's not possible.. we all know how long it take (and cost) to geared up toons, yes?

Unless the gear problem solves, there won't be change in arena. People only invest to winning team.

I'm personally like the geonesians.. but how? how i can geared them all in short time and less effort? meanwhile i already have maxed chaze. I build them for around 4 months. :(
  • Options
    They are boring but boring wins crystals
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I still use my droids......get top 20 on an old shard. I hate chaze and i will NEVER use them (dont even have them unlocked). Chaze is ruining the game since they are a whole team in 2 characters.
  • Options
    boring and obnoxious to fight against. I'm enjoying arena more now that I decided to be fine with staying in the 10-20 range.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    It's inevitable in any game. You're going to have a handful of people who are willing to innovate and try new things, then you're going to have a swimming pool full of people who are content to just follow the leader.

The problem is that innovation isn't really rewarded. You get to be #1 for a couple weeks until people figure out that your new team isn't a flash in the pan, then they switch over to it and you start falling again. So you're better rewarded for maintaining the status quo. Exacerbating the problem is that innovation costs money. Free-players can't raise the gear of a character fast enough to drive a new meta, and if they try to do something new and fail, all the gear they farmed for those characters is wasted.

So there really isn't an easy solution. Reworking existing characters will help established, veteran players whether they're free or paying, but eventually a new status quo will establish itself. They can release new characters and some will bust things open, but, again, eventually the follow the leader mentality will bring about a new status quo that will last a while.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.