Nihilus Drain Force is Wai, and description will be updated

Prev1
what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?

Replies

• Nihilus Resist Mechanics

I wanted to clarify this specific issue as there have been a couple of threads brought up regarding Nihilus and Cooldown Increase resistibility.
    The current implementation of his Drain Force is working as intended per design intentions. It cannot be resisted. This is the same for other Characters and Ships that increase cooldowns as well. (Deathtrooper and Tie Reaper)

The issue is that we did not specify this in the ability description and will be updating the ability text to indicate this for all the affected units.
  • Awesome!! Great to see the devs are working to give us consistency
  • Awesome!! Great to see the devs are working to give us consistency

I agree. +1,000 to devs.
  • nihilus keeps rex in check I can't complain
  • I knew they were going to add the can't be resisted to the description :wink:
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Good job to the devs.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Yep. That's what I thought would happen and was the case, But relieved that it's official now
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    nihilus keeps rex in check I can't complain

This. If that wasn't the case, the Rex lead/ triple cleanse would likely have grown even more powerful than it already is.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Most Rex leads run Nihilus?

I think the biggest complain was not, that DNs ability cool down increase should go through potency/tenacity-check, but that the explanation for this ("its not a debuff, so no potency/tenacity check is applied") is inconsistent with tm removal. TM removal isn't a debuff either but goes through potency/tenacity check.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Irresistible uncleansable AB is a really dumb mechanic... and while triple cleanse is atrocious, this is not a solution. It's just dumb.
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Evasion by RNG (when there's already a little thing called foresight) is a really dumb mechanic.

So there's already precedent for really dumb mechanics. Why not one more!
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Irresistible uncleansable AB is a really dumb mechanic... and while triple cleanse is atrocious, this is not a solution. It's just dumb.

Irresistible, unblockable cleanse is also a dumb mechanic.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Acrofales wrote: »

if this is the case then... Irresistible triple cleanse is also a really dumb mechanic...
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    It's great news, I'm glad Chaze users' misdirection did not work, thanks to the devs!...
  • Enrico
    159 posts Member
    Sad day; I don't run Nihilius!

I actually like that it's WAI and we got clarity on it. Gives me a challenge to keep beating him :#
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Revi wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »

if this is the case then... Irresistible triple cleanse is also a really dumb mechanic...

Huh? Cleanse is a positive effect, removing debuffs from your own toons. Who is supposed to resist/counter. There are unremovable debuffs, and they are borderline OP (Vader dots, Sabine's armor down).

If you're complaining about offensive dispells, I agree that they should go through a tenacity check. It's a bit nonsense that there's no way of stopping Baze or Nilly from dispelling your toons.

And yes, it's the same toons that are problematic... It's always the same set of toons, because Chaze is stupidly OP. And Nilly is the only toon that counters then, but is in turn, OP in his own right.
  • Waiting for turn meter removal becoming irresistible too -.-
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Arimanius wrote: »
    Waiting for turn meter removal becoming irresistible too -.-

it used to be, now it isn't unless specifically mentioned it is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Love it!
  • Boreas wrote: »
    It's great news, I'm glad Chaze users' misdirection did not work, thanks to the devs!...

The majority of chaze users also run DN though...
  • Yes, this is excellent news! :smiley:
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Boreas wrote: »

Yes they do, they were just trying to distract the attention, as if DN was the problem, not Chaze.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Yes they do, they were just trying to distract the attention, as if DN was the problem, not Chaze.

why exactly is chaze the problem, not DN?
    (for the record: i'm fine with both)
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    edited June 2017

double post, deleted
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

well there were numerous threads of how 2 characters have the kit of abilities of 8 other characters for starters, you can search them in the discussions board.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

well there were numerous threads of how 2 characters have the kit of abilities of 8 other characters for starters, you can search them in the discussions board.

i've read a couple of them, most reasons given in those threads also apply to DN. Hence my question.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member

i've read a couple of them, most reasons given in those threads also apply to DN. Hence my question.

DN's kit is really balanced, a chain cooldown of abilities to be able to use the other, and you can use annihilate once in a counter. It was designed against timeout teams and works perfectly well as it's designed. Chaze however, is totally unbalanced, having almost all the possible abilities in a team on just 2 characters is breaking the game strategy. But you already know all of this, no doubt.