What kind of interesting abilities would you want to see on a character?

Prev1
Ive got two on my mind that would be interesting.

- A despell ability that would despell debuffs on your team and apply the same debuffs that were despelled onto the enemy team.

- A Taunt that would redirect a fraction of damage taken back at the enemy.

What about you guys?

Replies

• "If you have this character on your team and it survives the entire encounter, you get 100% gear drops. This character has Permanent Taunt, and -100% Evasion and cannot be healed or buffed."
  • "If you have this character on your team and it survives the entire encounter, you get 100% gear drops. This character has Permanent Taunt, and -100% Evasion and cannot be healed or buffed."

Right i expected to get a joke one but not right off the bat

Wait, I'm not joking! Maybe not something as weird as I described, but a character who increased the odds of getting valuable rewards from nodes would be welcome.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    "If you have this character on your team and it survives the entire encounter, you get 100% gear drops. This character has Permanent Taunt, and -100% Evasion and cannot be healed or buffed."

Wait, I'm not joking! Maybe not something as weird as I described, but a character who increased the odds of getting valuable rewards from nodes would be welcome.
    Please no, I want to Sim all my battles. Ain't nobody got time to manually fight even with Auto 4x speed.

Back to main topic, I'd like to see a Dark Side character that gains TM each time an opponent gets debuffs just like Baze gains TM when opponents gain buffs.
  • I'd love a blaster deflection for Jedi (Luke please!) where the blast ricochets back for a certain % of damage. If it's a lightsaber attack they'll counter. If it's lighting they'll absorb the lighting in their blade and gain a bonus.
  • I'd love a blaster deflection for Jedi (Luke please!) where the blast ricochets back for a certain % of damage. If it's a lightsaber attack they'll counter. If it's lighting they'll absorb the lighting in their blade and gain a bonus.

Would be cool to have that for a turn or 2
  • I character that mass dispells and removes turn meter for each debuffs cleansed like 3-5 percent each
  • Ere742
    50 posts Member
    I really like the concept of boba fetts bounty hunters resolve ability, and would love new ones implemented in a way. Not sure on what they would be but just really unique individual buffs
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I want to see an abilty that make debuffs uncleanable for X turns.
  • A "cover" type move where a character can randomly take damage for teammates. Good idea for when they add REAL Chewy. He can take damage for raid Han
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »
    It would be cool to have an AoE taunt
    lol. Genius. Its a positive effect. Tenacity up wont stop it. Cant be cleansed. But this could go horribly wrong if it gets dodged resisted by everyone except zylo.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    I'd like Dominate Mind, it would be suitable for Revan (if we ever get him someday), causes the enemy to attack his allies for 2 turns. Would love to see Baze crushing Chirrut :).
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Maybe zetas could make some toons buffs and debuffs impossible to cleanse or dispel. Maybe not the aoe ones, just a little perk here and there. Lumi ability block, for instance, maybe cost only 8 zetas, instead of 20.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Oh, inread this as a toon can spam oppsing team with
    LastJedi wrote: »
    lol. Genius. Its a positive effect. Tenacity up wont stop it. Cant be cleansed. But this could go horribly wrong if it gets dodged resisted by everyone except zylo.

AoE taunt=tank takes damage and effects from AoE attacks for all allies (i.e Unload only affects tank)
    I don't understand what you said
    Oh. I read this as toon has a special that can give all enemies taunt. So u can choose who to attack out of everyone with taunt. :)
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    More toons with Ignore Taunt ability. And as a new feature: a toon could be able to make another toon attack and put a buff on an ally or a debuff on an enemy or vice versa. To reflect diversion tactics.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    I would love to see a "last laugh" ability where when the person is defeated he then fires randomly at an enemy and if he kills them he get health and tm.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Somebody sort of "tactical disadvantage" (looking at you, Thrawn), a debuff that removes leader and unique abilities for "x" amount of turns.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    Leader ability: "Each other allies' Leader ability is active as long as they are alive"
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    "If you have this character on your team and it survives the entire encounter, you get 100% gear drops. This character has Permanent Taunt, and -100% Evasion and cannot be healed or buffed."

Please no, I want to Sim all my battles. Ain't nobody got time to manually fight even with Auto 4x speed.

Back to main topic, I'd like to see a Dark Side character that gains TM each time an opponent gets debuffs just like Baze gains TM when opponents gain buffs.
    That's basically what Palp (L) does for ALL of your Imperial toons. Except that those toons only gets turn meter when they apply the debuff.
    I character that mass dispells and removes turn meter for each debuffs cleansed like 3-5 percent each
    They already have that on Asajj Ventress. Look it up.
    Oh, inread this as a toon can spam oppsing team with

AoE taunt=tank takes damage and effects from AoE attacks for all allies (i.e Unload only affects tank)
    I don't understand what you said
    Oh. I read this as toon has a special that can give all enemies taunt. So u can choose who to attack out of everyone with taunt. :)

I thought so. It would be nice to have an ability like that: Exposed: Taunts don't prevent this unit to be targeted. Ofc Expose is already used, so we'd need a different name

Isn't that exactly what Death Mark does? Aside from making someone loss 50% of their max health per hit, doesn't it also effectively make them taunt?

• Spyda
    318 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    - Thrawn: Unique - While Thrawn is 'active', debuffs on Rebel enemies cannot be dispelled and buffs on Imperial allies cannot be dispelled.
    - Han Solo: Han Shoots First - Unique - 50% chance to counter when attacked (doesn't apply to AoE). 50% chance to stun while countering. Han's counter attack occurs before the opponent's attack. If opponent is stunned or defeated their attack does not occur
    - Darth Sidious: Order 66 - Special - Attack selected target and all clone allies are called to assist. If target is a Jedi, all clone enemies are also called to assist.
  • Omeah wrote: »
    I'd love a blaster deflection for Jedi (Luke please!) where the blast ricochets back for a certain % of damage. If it's a lightsaber attack they'll counter. If it's lighting they'll absorb the lighting in their blade and gain a bonus.

Cool, but then melee enemies shouldn't be able to do anything for 5 turns, until they close on the enemy!
    Seriously though, this is a holotable game or a card game if you like. There is no place for reflects here

So you don't want toons to have abilities they displayed in the Star Wars universe? You should probably play a different game.
  • So I always wanted to see a way for Jedi toons to use lighsabers to deflect ranged attacks back at the opponent. Wouldn't have to be all of them, but could be a nice new unique for a new generic Jedi toon...like the Jedi sentinel.

So, say you get shot at with a blaster; you have a chance to deflect the damage. I'd be a small chance to be viable, and could only work once in that toon's turn (so you deflect a shot from Boba, but then Dengar can shoot you with impunity). Could be fun.
  • Leader ability buffs and debuffs other than locked ones do not apply
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Without looking at the others, here are ten from the top of my head:

1. Toon cannot be multi-attacked.

2. Reflection: Toon has a percent chance to reflect damage back to the attacker.

3. Toon heals protection for all toons as an ACTIVE ability. (a la Jedi healing)

4. Toon does massive AOE damage to enemies, but only targets protection.

5. You'll never do that again: Next time enemy toon with this debuff uses a special ability, that ability is locked for the remainder of the battle. Alternate, probably better: If an enemy uses as special ability while this buff is active, that enemy loses the special ability for the rest of the battle.

6. Debuffs placed on this toon have the opposite effect.

7. Unique: Any enemies who start a battle with buffs are automatically stunned for one round.

8. Overload: AOE - Damage and enemies with more than 2 buffs are stunned. This stun bypasses Tenacity Up.

9. Redirect: While this buff is active, redirect damage done to the toon to a random enemy other than the attacker who dealt it. Buff is dispelled after redirecting the damage.

10. Benevolent Mind Control - Force enemy toon to use an available non-damaging ability on your team instead. Cool downs apply.