Game Update 6/7/2017 Megathread

Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I hope gear 7 works, I can't spare any raid gear
    Edit: nevermind, it's a legendary event...
    Post edited by Allenb60 on
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    It also would have been nice if we got ANYTHING more on thrawn to see IF it would be worth it.

You will on the 10th

but the double drops happen before then
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Membrane
    87 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    No freakin way a whole meta to unlock thrawn , no one wants Phoenix squad and now making us level then to 7 stars and gearing them to get something that is a fan favorite ..

At least with the other legendary people wanted rebels, empire and Jedi very very general , this is specific

A possible game breaker for me
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I'm just going to gear Wiggs Chaze r-2 and Ahsoka instead of Thrawn and 5 turds. There is no way Thrawn is worth gearing 6 toons.

Just bumping this. Just remember even if Thrawn is OP the devs have proven they need rebels to be meta at least every 2 months.
  • Guess I'll go into hibernation until this Phoenix stuff is over.. wake me when they move on!
  • Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    Most disgusting cash grab yet.....disgraceful.
  • Membrane wrote: »
    **** NEED TO LEVEL a whole meta that no one wants to level to get a character we want ... **** , I am actually thinking of quiting

Quote away!

My edit beat you , I guess I have greater speed mods

• Phoenix squad currently has no zetas and is a zeta away from being an amazing squad. Not to mention they have the final season of rebels to draw from and add more toons. As is they are excellent for GW, and LS missions and their ships are pretty **** good. No reason to ignore all the free phoenix toons especially if Thrawn is as good as rumored

So we're supposed to be happy that us Empire players need to drop everything and focus on levelling and gearing up toons that we have absolutely no interest in and haven't used since they were first released? It's bad enough there's a lack of credits and high level gear available in game (without spending a shitload of crystals which is the ultimate motive behind all of this), now we're supposed to focus everything we have on 5 toons that no one uses?
  • xanderxman
    505 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Worst character release to date. I really wonder who gets the ideas for these things then I stop and remember it's the accountants that apparently drive things. If this isn't a blatant money grab I don't know what is. Extremely poor form.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    I'm just going to gear Wiggs Chaze r-2 and Ahsoka instead of Thrawn and 5 turds. There is no way Thrawn is worth gearing 6 toons.

Just bumping this. Just remember even if Thrawn is OP the devs have proven they need rebels to be meta at least every 2 months.

In the words of AA. It's a trap.
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    I hope gear 7 works, I can't spare any raid gear

I've got Phoenix to gear 8. Getting them to 9 is RIDICULOUSLY hard. For example, they require SEVEN Stun Guns amongst themselves to get to Gear 9.

Crazy.
  • I appreciate the great work that CG has been doing (not sarcasm), but this...this is just a massive curveball to the loyal community. With all due respect, I hope this isn't a EP/R2/Yoda-style unlock (5* team = 5* unlock, 6* team = 6* unlock, etc.) because that would be a major disadvantage to a large sum of the player base.

In all honesty, CG's work has often gone unappreciated, and heavily criticized, but this is something quite different from the streak of awesomeness that I have witnessed in the past few months (Nihilus, R2, etc.).
  • Olddumper wrote: »

Rebels are where the money's at it would seem. Sad thing is that there's probably enough whales playing this game that would drop enough money on the Pheonix packs to make the bean counters consider this approach a success
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    If we only need 5 Phoenix who gets left out?
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Gcdevil wrote: »

chopper
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Even if i buy thr 134$ pack i cant unlock thrawn x.x
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Anyone have a link to the update that showed the new shard conversion? i.e: full 2 star drop = x shards etc etc.
  • Gcdevil wrote: »

All of them as far as I'm concerned.

• Argarath
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Please only 23 hours to starting of flash event for me. You team up with Phoenix my bad mistake ? Please confirm
  • So we do actually need them to get thrawn shards? It only says use them to fight thrawn which I understand does kinda say for his shards too without actually saying it. Unless I'm missing something?

If it's like the palp, Yoda, r2 events then that's outrageous since the Phoenix squad havent been out for her long and they're only farmable...Now.... Hope it's not like this
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Even if i buy thr 134$ pack i cant unlock thrawn x.x

But what Thrawn? 3*?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gearing any faction at the same time is difficult as they usual need same gear, i.e. Clones, first order.. so EA is making it extremely difficult for F2p or dolphin players to get thrawn.

Sad, but I'm ok with it. I'll never get thrawn this way but I guess I can 1 or 2 of the Phoenix toons a little easier I guess.

I'm not excusing this slap in the face by EA but I'll take the scraps lol
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Hera should've been in Galactic War. Over half the team is pretty useless without her.

Oops.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member

In the words of AA. It's a trap.

Just remember when you see his kit that EP isn't even really arena viable anymore. That's how good his kit is going to need to be. For what they are asking he better have 175 base speed and AOE cd increase to start.
  • aclbosox
    132 posts Member
    Woohoo! I want Thrawn so I bought the pack and am going to aggressively farm and gear them.

For everyone else complaining. Grow up, this makes the most sense from a story perspective. If you have higher priorities then that's fine, pass on Thrawn. For me, he's one of my favorite characters so I'm going all out and Pheonix takes higher priority than other things. Stop assuming you will be able to get everyone immediately, this community has no patience. Now you have something long term to work towards!

Thanks EA, looking forward to the event!
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • Gearing any faction at the same time is difficult as they usual need same gear, i.e. Clones, first order.. so EA is making it extremely difficult for F2p or dolphin players to get thrawn.

Sad, but I'm ok with it. I'll never get thrawn this way but I guess I can 1 or 2 of the Phoenix toons a little easier I guess.

I'm not excusing this slap in the face by EA but I'll take the scraps lol

They fully expect you to. :smile:
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    Here's the response to all of those whales complains. A character that only they can get. Hopefully he wont be too broken.
  • I hope this isn't setting a new precedent. The previous three legendary events have all had toons who were previously farmable for quite a while, so if a player didn't farm them it was their own fault. But this time, we're getting a legendary event (not to mention that we don't even know when it is so we don't know how long we have to farm these characters) in which the players necessary are just now becoming farmable? That seems to be a massive disservice to FTP players, right? I don't mind Phoenix Squadron being the ones needed to unlock Thrawn, but making them only farmable now shortly before the event is just catering to the whales. Oh well; money talks, I guess.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    phoenix
  • baked_qft
    275 posts Member
    aclbosox wrote: »
    Woohoo! I want Thrawn so I bought the pack and am going to aggressively farm and gear them.

For everyone else complaining. Grow up, this makes the most sense from a story perspective. If you have higher priorities then that's fine, pass on Thrawn. For me, he's one of my favorite characters so I'm going all out and Pheonix takes higher priority than other things. Stop assuming you will be able to get everyone immediately, this community has no patience. Now you have something long term to work towards!

Thanks EA, looking forward to the event!

Lol.