Game Update 6/7/2017 Megathread

Replies

• Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    That's ok no one likes Thrawn he's not a fan fav right? At tbh at least they aren't hard farms.
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member
    Ok I guess I misread the thing thanks
  • The amount of negativity already is ridiculous! Lighten up people! Be happy that Thrawn is finally in the game!
  • xanderxman
    505 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    aclbosox wrote: »
    Woohoo! I want Thrawn so I bought the pack and am going to aggressively farm and gear them.

For everyone else complaining. Grow up, this makes the most sense from a story perspective. If you have higher priorities then that's fine, pass on Thrawn. For me, he's one of my favorite characters so I'm going all out and Pheonix takes higher priority than other things. Stop assuming you will be able to get everyone immediately, this community has no patience. Now you have something long term to work towards!

Thanks EA, looking forward to the event!

I have plenty of patience and in no way expect to have every character immediately. But given that Phoenix is utter garbage right now and I still have a huge raid gear wall and mod wall to climb with characters that actually matter I don't see me ever getting Thrawn.

By the time I gear and mod the other teams that will actually be useful to me then Thrawn will no longer be relevant and I just won't care to gear, mod and level 5 seriously bad characters to get him. So if you want to whale on and get him then by all means do so

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    aclbosox wrote: »
    Woohoo! I want Thrawn so I bought the pack and am going to aggressively farm and gear them.

For everyone else complaining. Grow up, this makes the most sense from a story perspective. If you have higher priorities then that's fine, pass on Thrawn. For me, he's one of my favorite characters so I'm going all out and Pheonix takes higher priority than other things. Stop assuming you will be able to get everyone immediately, this community has no patience. Now you have something long term to work towards!

Well in all fairness this is a "I won't ever get him because 1 toon is not worth 6 toons of work." At least rebels, empire and Jedi have useful toons to pick from. But this? I would rather it be jawas.
  • aclbosox
    132 posts Member
    Even it is a legendary event, it's not like it will be one and done, it will come back. If you aren't going to spend on the game you need to just have patience, it can be done, it just takes longer.
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    I have to level, star, and gear Phoenix to get Thrawn?

Yuck-o. I'd pretty much have to sacrifice my arena rank and stop working on raid characters to accomplish this.
  • aclbosox wrote: »

It actually looks like you're the one with no patience. :smile:
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    This has to be the biggest insult to FTP and low spenders thus far. The most useless squad. Useless in arena. GW. Raids. And u have to get them in a rush now ......

Insult bigtime. +1 if you agree.
  • RivetingAlucard
    225 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    even whales agree that this is STU PID

CG fix your go d **** filters!
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    I'm as big a Thrawn fanboy as there is and while getting Phoenix to 7 star won't be too hard gear 8 is gonna have to be enough. Gear crunch is real and can't give up that much
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    What so thrawn is like r2 event and we need Phoenix toons?
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    Sorry. Didn't mean to exclude whales. Whales are insulted also!!!!!
    (My bad)
  • What a slap in the face, this is Phoenix garbage is for lack of better words, ****. Thanks for offering me a $100 pack for characters that I'll never use to unlock a character that may be trash. Not to mention they didn't address the issues that are making the game stagnant and tedious. I'm not even mad about this lame event locked behind a paywall (I know there are nodes, but the event starts in what, 2 days?), but the lack of communication and overall poor updates. I'm finding it very difficult to continue playing and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So, in all, thanks for nothing.
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    Mrjenkins wrote: »
    What so thrawn is like r2 event and we need Phoenix toons?

It looks so.
  • your good lol. and yea its a legendary event like r2, ep, and yoda
  • Total bummer! They destroyed all the hype for Thrawn
  • Smithie wrote: »
    Disapointed

I feel like Coach Bradley "Buzzcut" Vaughan from Beavis and Butthead. "KICK ME IN THE JIMMY!" Cause that's what they just did. Major SHAME we have to level toons that a vast majority of the player base really don't care about in anyway shape or form to unlock a fan favorite which should have been unlockable in the same Fashion as R2D2 was unlocked. But what do I know I don't have a degree in Accounting.
  • I would rather have ewoks be required for Thrawn than Phoenix -.-
  • What a slap in the face, this is Phoenix garbage is for lack of better words, ****. Thanks for offering me a $100 pack for characters that I'll never use to unlock a character that may be trash. Not to mention they didn't address the issues that are making the game stagnant and tedious. I'm not even mad about this lame event locked behind a paywall (I know there are nodes, but the event starts in what, 2 days?), but the lack of communication and overall poor updates. I'm finding it very difficult to continue playing and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So, in all, thanks for nothing.

You get info in 2 days i assume the event wont happen till the flash events end.

• aclbosox wrote: »
    Even it is a legendary event, it's not like it will be one and done, it will come back. If you aren't going to spend on the game you need to just have patience, it can be done, it just takes longer.
    There is a difference between spending money on the game through energy refreshes (what most of us do) and forcing players to spend tons of money in a short time. Phoenix is becoming farmable today and we'll probably have the event in 2-4 weeks. They want people to buy their ridiculous $100 pack.
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    Total bummer! They destroyed all the hype for Thrawn
    +1
  • jvvil
    14 posts Member
    Ftp no longer welcomed, did I understand wrong?
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Gcdevil wrote: »
    If we only need 5 Phoenix who gets left out?

When I run Phoenix in GW, I actually leave out Sabine. Chopper gives the team MAD survivability, but sort of stinks otherwise.
  • Membrane wrote: »
    Membrane wrote: »
    **** NEED TO LEVEL a whole meta that no one wants to level to get a character we want ... **** , I am actually thinking of quiting

Quote away!

My edit beat you , I guess I have greater speed mods

All about the speed! xD
  • assuming this is a yoda/palp/r2 event which seems very likely limiting it to a pool of 6 chars that are just now farmable and not that great is really annoying i guess they wanted to push the 100$ and new crystal packs on us cause thats the only way the vast majority will be able to get him 7* or maybee at all. Also why dont they make their ships farmable while they are at it cause man we need more farmable ships fleet arena is way to bland right now with the limited ship pool
  • 2-4 weeks will probably be enough to get them to 5* so we could unlock thrawn at least.
  • WildRile
    20 posts Member
    New challenge art, but you can't fix EP critting under DN with Crackling Doom? Awesome, great patch.
  • Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    Do you mean for chromium? It's like you unlocked the character fresh: 1=10, 2=25, 3=50, 4=80