Game Update 6/7/2017 Megathread

Replies

• What units are needed for the flash event?? If its phoenix i dont even have them unlocked... thatd suck
  • NinFang wrote: »
    Worked on Phoenix squadron? You mean paid for Phoenix squadron. There is a difference here, and they've never done this before. This a double pay scheme to get the people that were unwilling to buy into Phoenix the first time to force their hand further to do it this time. We're not talking about a new character, we're talking about an entire team. It's unprecedented. People shouldn't have to "wait until next time" to unlock him even at 5 stars. People that spend money have always had a competitive advantage in this game by having their characters at more stars, now they are establishing it so that paying players will be the only ones to unlock this character at all.

Because spending weeks/months worth of gear on a full squad to max them isn't "working on them"?
    Legendary events require stars, not gear.
  • Need more info please. How to obtain and when. Why let this uproar happen? You already confirmed it was thrawn. Just confirm type of event and when. I don't understand why do this to yourselves?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Did you really need to make a thread about that? People are just as likely to see that thread as they are yours, and more likely to click on the megathread...
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    jvvil wrote: »
    Ftp no longer welcomed, did I understand wrong?

I'm basically FTP and I will have them maxed in no time. Sitting on tons of creds for every kind of store just waiting for this day.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    $99 to shard up a garbage faction that I didn't want to buy the first time they were offered to me.

Now locking Thrawn, who I desperately need to help my empire, behind these guys... I mean this seems like trolling.
  • If you stop making trash Toons, then you won't have to make events that force people to use them... just saying. It is getting old and the game isn't even two years old yet
  • bolobaby wrote: »
    jvvil wrote: »
    Ftp no longer welcomed, did I understand wrong?

I'm basically FTP and I will have them maxed in no time. Sitting on tons of creds for every kind of store just waiting for this day.

You are f2p or basically f2p? Being basically f2p isn't f2p at all.
  • Sandybard
    156 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    $99 to shard up a garbage faction that I didn't want to buy the first time they were offered to me.

Now locking Thrawn, who I desperately need to help my empire, behind these guys... I mean this seems like trolling.

Yeah, I can't think of anything they could have done to make me more irritated. I find it hard to believe that they didn't anticipate p!ssing off a whole bunch of people, and they just went ahead and did it anyhow.
  • LAAAMMEEEE
  • Zipped
    105 posts Member
    Good job :)

Hope thrawn is legendary event and pheonix are needed means he'll be very exclusive. And you lot whining can work on getting him next time
  • bolobaby wrote: »
    Look folks, I'm psyched. I'm basically FTP* and I've been saving up every kind of in-game credit for when Phoenix became available. Yeah, they kind of suck, but I also know they have no zetas, and - since they work together so well as a team - could be great with the right zetas.

I've seen them as fairly effective in GW. Their ships are pretty good. And Ezra is a beast onto himself.

I have them already at gear 8 and level 84 each, but only 3*. I'm psyched to be able to farm them.

BUT HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT...

I don't have R2.
    I don't have a decent Nihilus.
    I don't have Ch.aze.
    I don't have Palpatine.
    I don't even have Wedge yet.

I have forgone a lot of toons. I'm level 85 and I finished in the arena today at 27 with a completely unique squad. I finished in fleet at 9.

Many of you have Palpatine, Ch.aze, and all the toons I don't have.

So what if Thrawn is HARD for you to get? Wasn't every toon you wanted HARD in some way? How many of you invested in Jedi to get Yoda?

I may not even get Phoenix high enough to get a max Thrawn. And if I do, I may not even have the right toons to put with him. But at least I set myself up a head start over the past couple months, carefully saving up creds.

If you NEED Thrawn to assuage some sort of completionist urge, just do what the rest of us did for toons like Yoda: slowly build up and get him eventually.

Sheesh.

*Basically FTP means I've bought crystals twice, and paid $10 each for the Phoenix Ship packs to get them to 4*

It's not that he's HARD for me to get. It's that I do not want to gear, mod and level the Phoenix squad to get a character. Those resources are already hard enough to come by for characters that I need to get geared, modded and leveled. I am not going to forego that to unlock Thrawn.

I'm not crying because it is too hard. I could easily divert resources and unlock him. I'm just not going to do it.

Phoenix just became farmable today. When Yoda was announced, Jedi had been farmable since the game started. When Palps was announced Rebels had been farmable since the game started. See the difference here?

• J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    I'm just over here like, pshhh, who needs a "Thrawn"? *cries quietly*
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Xyrex wrote: »
    What is this? Punishment to new players? I started to play 2 months ago, don't even have the toons. But in the case i would have it, I could do nothing. I am struggling with credits, purple ability mats and raid gear. Don't even can improve my arena team, or the jedis to the Yoda event. These flash event should be for EVERYONE, not only for people who spend money. I was so excited with this flash event series and now I am so dissapointed.

No, Xyrex. I've been playing for a long time and I don't even have the toons to get Palpatine yet.

Part of that is a choice on where I wanted to farm, but at least they've put some of these toons on accessible nodes.

It takes time to get the best toons. Get used to the grind.
  • Did we do something wrong as a player base?

Super whales already have them maxed, whales are there or close to it already, who is going to be buying the 99.99 pack? Noone. I understand money grabs, but this is low, very low.

The way to change this as a player base? Let those few spend who will spend, let everyone else spend nothing and pass on it.

Next release probably won't look like this, **** it in the bud before Luke.
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    I was looking forward to Thrawn but its not worth getting upset over. I'll just wait until the event rolls around again to unlock him at 7 stars. 5 should be obtainable in time
  • Membrane
    87 posts Member
    baked_qft wrote: »
    aclbosox wrote: »
    Woohoo! I want Thrawn so I bought the pack and am going to aggressively farm and gear them.

For everyone else complaining. Grow up, this makes the most sense from a story perspective. If you have higher priorities then that's fine, pass on Thrawn. For me, he's one of my favorite characters so I'm going all out and Pheonix takes higher priority than other things. Stop assuming you will be able to get everyone immediately, this community has no patience. Now you have something long term to work towards!

Thanks EA, looking forward to the event!

Lol.

Double lol
  • WildRile wrote: »
    New challenge art, but you can't fix EP critting under DN with Crackling Doom? Awesome, great patch.

Maybe if they would have chosen a different coding language other than Whitespace, it would be possible to do some actual debugging.
    GregorEG wrote: »
    Attention game developers. There needs to be an immediate patch. Drilling down in ship leaderboard through the ranks tab into the actual character allows anyone access to change anyone's character mods. Attention game developers please fix this as raising this alarm may lead to immediate abuses.

It links to your pilot.

Bwahahaha!
  • If so, totally cray.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Zeb
    Sabine
    Kanan
    Ezra
    Chop
    Hera

Which one will you not be gearing and starring for the upcoming event and why?
  • WildRile wrote: »
    New challenge art, but you can't fix EP critting under DN with Crackling Doom? Awesome, great patch.

Maybe if they would have chosen a different coding language other than Whitespace, it would be possible to do some actual debugging.
    GregorEG wrote: »
    Attention game developers. There needs to be an immediate patch. Drilling down in ship leaderboard through the ranks tab into the actual character allows anyone access to change anyone's character mods. Attention game developers please fix this as raising this alarm may lead to immediate abuses.

It links to your pilot.

not always and when it desnt it is a crapshoot if you can manage their mods. very weird bug.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    If so, totally cray.

I mean she doesn't have a Phoenix tag so...
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • On a side not i kind of wish they had released a generic Pheonix pilot now as well to fly thier A-wings
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    If so, totally cray.

This is an excellent point. Why can't we use Fulcrum Ahsoka?
  • They are my favorite faction now that I can farm them can they make a good team?
  • To all the people saying they are going to quit playing over needing Phoenix to unlock thrawn I say dooooo it and I hope you are in the top 20 of my arena shard
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    nope
    sorry.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Trololololol
  • Membrane
    87 posts Member
    Ouchie wrote: »
    If so, totally cray.

This is an excellent point. Why can't we use Fulcrum Ahsoka?

Because she didn't fight thrawn in the show
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Phoenix squad, really, what a bad joke!! :s