Vader farmable?

Now that Vader is farmable, we will probably start to see legitimate 6* and 7*. Does this take away some of his appeal/rarity. I guess GM Yoda, or the new shard store only character coming later this month will be the "new" Vader?

What do people think of this?

I think there should be 1 light and 1 dark side character, each super rare and not OP, but more powerful than average. I like it being Vader for dark, given the entire saga was about him.

Is Yoda the best option for Light, or should it be someone else. Jedi Luke, old guy Luke, or someone else entirely.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Vader is not farmable.
  • Options
    Well, he is available in the shard shop, so indirectly farmable, maybe? Farm a 7* character, and trade for Vader shards
  • Options
    I am guessing the new shard shop hero will fit that role on the light side. And who else can match Vader's gravitas other than Luke?

Jedi Luke makes sense also if we take into account that we are entering a jedi centric phase for the game.
  • Options
    If that's true, think they will add Jedi Luke achievement shards? If not, he will be much harder than Vader, whom many people have at 4*, and a few even at 5*.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Arkangil wrote: »
    Well, he is available in the shard shop, so indirectly farmable, maybe? Farm a 7* character, and trade for Vader shards

There is a random chance of him being one of six selected from a large pool of toons. It only refreshes once per day. You can only purchase two shards. Unfortunately that does not make him farmable.
  • Options
    Ah, I didn't realize it only refreshed once a day. You are right, that's not really farmable at all.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Sure he's farmable, you only have to get him to show up 43 days in a row on the shard shop to get him from 5* to 6*.
    Some people on this forum....
  • Options
    This has nothing to do with shard shop but you can also get vadar shards from gw, had him twice so far on last node.
  • Options
    According to the Shard Shop creators, Vader 7 stars is coming... in 2019!
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    I've 20 days til 5 star Vader. 7 stars seems like an eternity away!!
  • Options
    I'm 29/65 to 5* Vader, but with the talk of another, shard shop only, character, wondering if it's worth the wait. Whoever that character is would have to be pretty decent, given that if we assume they start at 2*, it would be a minimum of 13 days to get them, if not more. And of course, the more starting stars, the longer the delay.
  • Options
    vader doesn't show up everyday
  • Options
    I had two Vader show up in my shop today. Now at 4* 62/65.