Who to cut from Phoenix Squad?

Prev1
SnokeTrooper
189 posts Member
edited June 2017
Well I was hoping I would never have to do this but now they forced me to allocate recourses to Phoenix Squad. Since there are six I'll need to cut one and I was thinking Chopper. Am I correct?

Who to cut from Phoenix Squad? 121 votes

Chopper
50%
AnsroffTrisbouilleSwordsLFDInfideliusOkerlundNightloresCerealKillerchrisalcatrazaerendhilChocolateSnake2SnokeTrooperFizzikKobeWanKenobiRyzak620Gaidal_CainThemyJizzaouseDr_CrazyfistsAeternas 61 votes
Hera
0%
Ezra
3%
IvoB1987RiftChasmBobbyJimmyJamDamba_Ba 4 votes
Sabine
34%
SirjamLilpupAchaiaDal_ZubaZombie961MoshikielbotronixAycee1TooLOlddumperIdraRageUltimateZeusThunderdomeElleMadaraPaarthysnaxGebuttersnapsBrtStlnddcerb44JackkeptenOttoTheMagnetic 42 votes
Zeb
4%
Tromedlov13SollyJasFonzVoltaeraAzClockworkBoosterFett 6 votes
Kannan
6%
godgiven45Gold_Leader_KYBrillOKatojanDathcaChinstanDaGovern0rMoffXandar 8 votes

Replies

• Chopper
    I say drop chopper. At least with Zeb and Kanon whenever debuffs happen you're getting back health and protection. Plus Zeb will really up the max protection
  • Moshi
    23 posts Member
    Sabine
    Sabine is more difficult to farm by a lot so I'd remove her. I agree that chopper would probably get the axe if all things were equal though.
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    Sabine
    Sabine because she's a much slower farm. Cantina tokens are of relatively low value unless you're a newer player.
  • Chopper
    Wow Choppers winning the vote but somehow loses from it;)
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Sabine
    Eventhough Sabine is better overall, I think Chopper is more valuable to the team as a whole. Plus he's much easier to farm than Sabine. Unless you're willing to pay a bit of $$$, I'd definitely pass on Sabine for this event. Stop once you get her to 4*.
  • Chopper
    Well there is also shard shop. I had a bunch of cantina currency and I have many at 7*, so I'll be farming her from 3 different areas. Just a thought though. I have much needed long term use for Sabine over Chopper
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    Sabine
    Sabine until you have the time to farm her proper
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Sabine
    Sabine is too slow to level up, otherwise I would have voted for Chopper
  • Achaia
    20 posts Member
    Sabine
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Sabine is too slow to level up, otherwise I would have voted for Chopper

This.
  • Chopper
    Wow I thought chopper would run away with this vote.
  • Chopper
    FInally the answer is: nobody.

Remember these words, all the six of them will be needed to unlock Thrawn himself. I can imagine 7 tiers Palpatine/Yoda events style, but with forced team.
    e.g.
    stage 1, hera+kanan+ezra+zeb+chopper
    stage 2, hera+kanan+ezra+zeb+sabine
    etc etc

• Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Sabine, Unless you get really lucky your not going to get enough shards from guild shop and one DarkSide node.

I hope sabine is not required... I don't even have her at 4 star yet. My only option would be to spam refresh guild shop.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Kannan
    Honestly everyone but ezra
    I'm not going to be forced to farm this faction on such short notice
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Chopper
    If you do cut Chopper you just need to realize that many crystals will be spent refreshing that hard node and potentially guild store.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Chopper
    By the time thrawn comes around (and stays open for a while) it is very likely Sabine can reach 5 stars mostly through guild shipments. Not a bad idea to collect choppers shards as a plan B though.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Sabine
    If you want the best team, drop Chopper. If you want the fastest and easiest farm, drop Sabine
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Sabine
    Mc_Iavell wrote: »
    FInally the answer is: nobody.

Remember these words, all the six of them will be needed to unlock Thrawn himself. I can imagine 7 tiers Palpatine/Yoda events style, but with forced team.
    e.g.
    stage 1, hera+kanan+ezra+zeb+chopper
    stage 2, hera+kanan+ezra+zeb+sabine
    etc etc

@CG_Kozispoon hasn't it already been confirmed that we only need 5?
  • Chopper
    Yeah I can't afford to level and gear all 6 Phoenix, much less 5
  • Everyone
  • Zeb
    It is Zeb or Chopper in my opinion that needs to be dropped. But without any certain knowledge of how the event works/opponents who knows for sure (they may even let you use all 6 in the event).

But as previously stated Sabine is difficult to get to 5* (I have her at 5, but that was three purchases in guild store, multiple refreshes with good RNG during double drop and I purchased her pack the first time around). So if we only need 5 at 5* to unlock Thrawn she may be the one to drop initially

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Don't farm them, then you don't have too choose.
  • Chopper
    choper if you can max sabine

sabine if you can't and go f2p
  • Sabine
    Everyone says to Chop(per), but I say cut Sabine. If you are farming for Thrawn, then Chopper is the easy way to unlock him, or at least at 5*. If you actually want to use Phoenix, then I say cut Chopper, as he is very weak.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Screw them all except erza
  • Chopper
    Screw them all except erza

You nasty, have some respect for being the only good show on DisneyXD
  • Sabine
    Dang it was wishing someone voted Hera. I know hardly anything about Phoenix but Ezra is okay is actually on a few of the Jedi teams in my shard. Gonna use chopper over Sabine just because of the farm.
  • Chopper
    lol. don't think anyone will say Hera since she's the only Phoenix that has a lead :p
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Chopper
    leave out sabine for the 15th event, but since you prob wont 7* them switch sabine to chopper for the next.
  • Chopper
    I will, very reluctantly, use Chopper if I need to. Getting him up just in case
  • Sabine
    It really depends on what enemies you are fighting, and you style of play.
    For those quickly benching Chopper...
    Remember, it isn't just his shared Unique that you need to consider. He is naturally fast, and his basic attack (Counter attack) will buff a random Phoenix Squad member with a 60% chance to reduce that characters cooldowns by 1.
    With his increased number of attacks, any counter attacking, and his abilities to Taunt, remove buffs (Added bonus of removing Turn Meter of all enemies and regaining additional protection, ability to stun a droid, he actually becomes more and more useful than one might initially give him credit.

And of course his unique that heals and gives protection up when damaged makes him amazing when used for Galactic War.

Generally I will run without Sabine, she is an amazing damage character, and the crit up chance makes Kanan's basic attack almost a guaranteed crit (Offense down debuff) - Debuffing character that can taunt with very high counter attack chance is a great tank.

I love Ezra for his ability to call an assist (Before his attack).
    I love Zeb for his Turn Meter control. Daze becomes very beneficial when you have two teammates that can have him attack. Stagger when used correctly allows the delayed hit to clear Turn Meter. And lastly his ability to buff with protection up (More importantly he gives Retribution if the target teammate is currently debuffed.
    Kanan of course offers the Counter Attack, the heal of 25% when debuffed is amazing. He has his Offense down on his attack. Can taunt that has bonus cleanse for another character, and don't forget his Tenacity doubles while he taunts. (I use Kanan with my Jedi team even at his 3 or 4 star)
    Hera is obviously needed for the team.

I am still amazed at how well even a free 2 play Phoenix team does for Galactic War. Even when I just have it on auto battle. My Free account Phoenix squad clears GW fast - without any deaths.

I am curious what hybrid teams people are using with select Phoenix Squad characters.
    Thoughts?