HAAT P3 help

Ansroff
283 posts Member
I've been trying the Chirpatine route but even with decent RNG (usually 3-5 attempts), I get maybe 250k damage. I've got to be able to do more. Here's my profile, and I added my P2 and P4 squads so you know who I'll still have available. I use Zylo in P1 also. I'd love some feedback, any assistance would be terrific, thanks!

https://swgoh.gg/u/shartnpants/

Replies

• I suggest putting speed and protection on Han Solo; you need to get him taunting quickly so that he speeds up TM on Palpatine. I assume your second tank is Shore, and your third is RG: get protection and health on them for survivability; speed is less needed since they're there to soak up damage. Finally, get a speed primary arrow on EP, and try to get everyone to 5-dot mods. The 5-dots make a world of difference in HAAT, even if they're not super awesome; the bonuses are still better than lower dot mods. The only exception IMO is speed; if you've got a lower dot mod with better speed on Palp, use it until you can get a 5-dot with better speed.

Good Luck!
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Severious wrote: »
    I suggest putting speed and protection on Han Solo; you need to get him taunting quickly so that he speeds up TM on Palpatine. I assume your second tank is Shore, and your third is RG: get protection and health on them for survivability; speed is less needed since they're there to soak up damage. Finally, get a speed primary arrow on EP, and try to get everyone to 5-dot mods. The 5-dots make a world of difference in HAAT, even if they're not super awesome; the bonuses are still better than lower dot mods. The only exception IMO is speed; if you've got a lower dot mod with better speed on Palp, use it until you can get a 5-dot with better speed.

Good Luck!

I am such a noob! I used chewie, RG and STHAN until I got shore to 7*. So naturally I replaced STHAN...like a ****. That's the TM I'm missing. der de der...thank you. I'll rearrange some mods and give it another go. Thank you!
  • Oh, I forgot to mention: Chirpa you can leave as is mod-wise. I've had 1-dot speed mods on chirpa for months and haven't updated them for HAAT--I'm fairly certain you don't even need to mod him. Prioritize the others ahead of him for resources....
  • Severious wrote: »
    Oh, I forgot to mention: Chirpa you can leave as is mod-wise. I've had 1-dot speed mods on chirpa for months and haven't updated them for HAAT--I'm fairly certain you don't even need to mod him. Prioritize the others ahead of him for resources....

Yep, Chirpatine doesn't need anything except his leader ability maxed out. He can die instantly and it won't matter.

As noted as well: get Sthan Speed and protection up. Save Shore's taunt until Sthan is almost dead too. Get Shore's and RG's protection + health in the 100k range combined if you can. They don't need speed at all. Especially RG.

You might have to move some mods around during the raid but it will be worth it.
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Thank you both, I appreciate it!
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Another thing that will help is by getting chirpas assist to call EP and get the shock on the mini droids. If you do this than you can mod EP for all offense and not have to worry about speed (I put a offense arrow on mine). Only bad thing is that it can take quite a few retreats to get EP as the assister, once you do that you also need to make sure that none of his shocks are resisted.

Also only stun the add that is buffed, you don't want to stun any others because you need them hitting st han for the tm gain. Once EP has shocked all the adds be sure to taunt with Shore before St han dies or else he wont get another turn in to taunt.
  • I run Sun Fac, and I try to get him taunting when Han has about 25%-50% health left, and hopefully before B2 ability locks the team. After you've done it a few times, you'll get a feel for when you need to activate the second taunt.
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    I moved some mods around and got EP's speed from 160 to about 215. That coupled with STHAN should do some damage. All 5 of my toons are gear XI with good mods, I'm hoping to do well this time. We're in P1 now, so we'll see soon eough!
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Modding him with lots of speed ends up being a waste because speed only matters during the shock phase after that you gain 100% off the shocks and chirpa lead so speed at that point is useless. You want to find the line between just enough speed and not enough.

How I gauge it, is I you can get all my shocks up before the main cannon goes than it is successful and I am usually one turn away from that happening. I run my EP at 133 speed and can do between 600-900k with my chirpatine. My tanks are also not that geared, only st han is g11 with 55k prot/hp, RG is g10 with 77k prot/hp and Sun fac is g8 with 50k prot/hp. So my tanks are not optimally geared but I don't see the point in investing in them, good chirpatine teams do around 1.5m so an extra 700k doesn't seem worth the investment. I can make up that difference fairly easily in other phases. In a whole Haat I do around 13M so that little bit of extra damage isn't worth it for me.

As you mentioned you have all g11 tanks so you should be able to do over 1m damage easily as long as you have EP modded properly.
  • Just curious: How'd you make out after switching mods around and swapping STHan for Chewbacca?
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Much better, and I found the speed sweet spot (thanks Kodias!) for EP and now I'm doing between 800k and 1 mil. BIG help you guys, thank you so much!