Koth?

J7000
2059 posts Member
Since this update, I'm totally confused who to farm. Anyone else going for Koth? Not sure to get him or Ackbar.

Any advice is appreciated

Replies

• I am thinking about this as well. I have 6 3*+, farmable Jedi's already, but I am still going to farm Koth, because I feel like I am going to be able to get him to 7* faster with Arena Shipments than someone like Ahsoka or even Barris with just getting lucky with shard drops.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Same here. Second guessing your decisions cost you precious energy, which in turn costs you arena placement. I am considering abandoning GS at 5*s 28/80 in favor of maxing out mace/Jc just to get my hands on yoda for an all Jedi team. I have no idea really now what to do...

Edit: yes I am going for Koth
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    JoshG wrote: »
    Same here. Second guessing your decisions cost you precious energy, which in turn costs you arena placement. I am considering abandoning GS at 5*s 28/80 in favor of maxing out mace/Jc just to get my hands on yoda for an all Jedi team. I have no idea really now what to do...

Edit: yes I am going for Koth
    I am thinking about this as well. I have 6 3*+, farmable Jedi's already, but I am still going to farm Koth, because I feel like I am going to be able to get him to 7* faster with Arena Shipments than someone like Ahsoka or even Barris with just getting lucky with shard drops.

Yeah and it could just be bad luck (or my own perception) but Cantina farming has been horrible for me since the update. Koth gets nice speed with QGJ also so he isn't worthless. I was farming Opress but time to switch, I suppose.
  • I had the same dilemma but decided to go with Koth. I'm also working on Qui Gon, and so yes the speed up will be nice. He'll be faster than Poe.

But honestly, the main motivation is Yoda. Even though we don't know exactly what we're getting there, it feels safe to say he'll be an upper tier toon at worst. Unless I'm just totally wrong...
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Since this update, I'm totally confused who to farm. Anyone else going for Koth? Not sure to get him or Ackbar.

Go for Ackbar if you have a decent rebel squad ready to go. Otherwise go for Koth and farm QGJ. Koth will have first turn 90% stun so he'll be useful against anyone but obviously will be a big help with the Jedi event. He also will counter any droid teams or mixed teams with IG-86.

Akbar, Hoth Rebel Scout, Han, Luke, Leia is going to be a pretty nice team. If you don't have Leia GS isn't a bad replacement.

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

Go for Ackbar if you have a decent rebel squad ready to go. Otherwise go for Koth and farm QGJ. Koth will have first turn 90% stun so he'll be useful against anyone but obviously will be a big help with the Jedi event. He also will counter any droid teams or mixed teams with IG-86.

Akbar, Hoth Rebel Scout, Han, Luke, Leia is going to be a pretty nice team. If you don't have Leia GS isn't a bad replacement.

Yeah I do have Luke but think Jedi for me will be a nice change. If I had more rebels it would be a hard decision. Koth it is!
  • Until the AI is fixed Ackbar will waste turn 1 most likely in Arena.
  • Ackbar is mainly there to give Han enough speed to hopefully get the first taunt off
  • I am going for eeth koth for my 5th jedi. He would be useful if i see droid teams in arena or GW so if you need a 5th jedi and you see droids somewhat often, go for koth
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Eeth Koth is so easy to gear up! I spent like 100 energy and got him to purple gear level. This by itself makes me love him.

The fact that he's a middle aged Zabrak gentleman is kinda cool too. I'll just keep him got any pesky droids in GW. Weee!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Eeth Koth is so easy to gear up! I spent like 100 energy and got him to purple gear level. This by itself makes me love him.

The fact that he's a middle aged Zabrak gentleman is kinda cool too. I'll just keep him got any pesky droids in GW. Weee!

Nice to know. Thanks!
  • If you need him for the jedi event and you want yoda then yes.

I for one would rather get ST Han, Ackbar or Savage.

I am very very very reluctant to farm him as I only need him for Jedi event. Can't farm the extra shards I need for Fisto, and finishing Anakin with just hard nodes would be a pain.

Plus now that Savage looks more fun it really hurts on the inside to spend it on Koth.

I am very very very reluctant to farm him as I only need him for Jedi event. Can't farm the extra shards I need for Fisto, and finishing Anakin with just hard nodes would be a pain.

Plus now that Savage looks more fun it really hurts on the inside to spend it on Koth.

When I 7* IG-88 tomorrow, I'm beelining for Savage. He just seems like so much fun. :p

Looks really cool too! B)

Savage looks more fun? That is speculation lol.
    I agree i want savage but i have to finish koth first.
    See, speculation rules the forums.
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »
    If you need him for the jedi event and you want yoda then yes.

?
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »
    If you need him for the jedi event and you want yoda then yes.

?

I was talking to unckybadtouch lol.
    He was saying not to speculate because it is unhealthy.

I do want savage though, after i get koth to 5* or so.
  • He actually looks decent with QGJ as lead. And for the Jedi challenge he should be fine
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    SlyGambit wrote: »

Yeah I do have Luke but think Jedi for me will be a nice change. If I had more rebels it would be a hard decision. Koth it is!

I was thinking about going rebel. The thing that make or break that deal, is Leia. I have the feeling that with Leia, Rebels are going to be top notch, but without Leia, it's going to be much trickier.
    Rebels could get 3 tick 7 characters when leaded by Ackbar: Leia (who is actually tick 6, and can try to oneshot QGJ before he even starts), Hoth Rebel Scout, and Storm Trooper Han (who manipulates turn and speed everyone else). Ackbar going right after them is actually a good thing, as he will be able to pass his turn to one of the heavy hitters.
    Fifth spot could be either Biggs, for more rebel sinergy, or Barrris, to keep ST Han alive, as he will win the war by himself if he doesn't die in a couple of turns.

But without Leia you lose a lot of firepower, and you lose the main draw of that team compared to Jedis or other factions, which is tick 6 action
  • Savage looks fun? his only active ability is + crit on finishing blow... he's a tank with no taunt and nothing to do unless he can get a finishing blow for a small buff
  • He has HP for days. You can send him into GW with 4 level 1 toons and watch him soak up all of the other teams specials by himself.
  • I love eeth koth, mine is only 4* and 6 gear right now but he is a beast at killing droids. Also his stun is great as well
  • Koth is a solid member to own
  • I am too farming for him. Probably need two more days to get him. Since the Yoda event, I am farming him.