Ground Wars Event

Another very long 8 battle event for every tier but you can do it a thousand times and not ever get past level four of the first tier. So NOT fun and extremely frustrating.

Replies

• Focus on gearing and starring your Resistance (they are great in HAAT anyway).

I went from not being able to finish tier 1 to not being quite able to finish the second tier - and Finn's zeta will fix that.
  • Yup, Finns zeta makes all the difference, last time to this time , it's a whole new ball game
  • jarael
    107 posts Member
    this is the first time i'm able to finish it. Zfinn is the key, all the toons had most of their protection by the end
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Another very long 8 battle event for every tier but you can do it a thousand times and not ever get past level four of the first tier. So NOT fun and extremely frustrating.

Well that just means you have toons to work on. I wasn't able to clear the bonus tier on the first two times it came around (and that came as somewhat a surprise considering my roster) but I did not complain about it. You are not entitled to anything here, if you cannot beat the event yet you know you have something to work on and Resistance toons are quite useful across the board and will probably get some new toons in fall

If you are not willing or able to get Resistance I used Teebo L, Elder, Rey, Ugnaught and R2 to finally beat tier 2
    Up until now I usually ran Chirpa lead for the TM gain, Teebo, Elder, Rey and Ugnaught and had no problems with tier 1
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    I'll pass more stuff to worry about than feeding me more toons I give zero **** about.
  • dsteve
    91 posts Member
    This and the droid event are the only two I still can't do. Just not a priority for me yet so no biggie. It's just not a big deal. Moving on, not worth stressing over.

• dsteve wrote: »
    This and the droid event are the only two I still can't do. Just not a priority for me yet so no biggie. It's just not a big deal. Moving on, not worth stressing over.

I got T1 of this and I'm happy enough with that as I'm really not interested in separatists.

I can't get anywhere on the droid event and I'm ok with that too.
  • this event confuses me. I got to the last stage 7 or 8 straight times, barely losing most of the time. I was actually surprised by that, since my resistance group isn't great. So I decided to go all in, boosted finn's gear level up, handed out a pile of ability mats, moved over all of my best mods and boosted their power rating by over 2000. They all have 30 speed arrows now, and they're all a lot tougher.

but...

6 more attempts, I've made it past level 4 once.... I don't get it, originally I made it to the 8th stage every time, even getting it down to just dooku once. My is it that now that they're all modded and tougher that this event is now longer possible? Does it scale with your power rating or something? I mean, I don't really care, as I said my resistance group is all lackluster (6 or 7 stars, g7-g10), and I didn't originally expect to beat it , but I'm just curious if boosting their power caused this.
  • With zeta Finn, I can complete the bonus tier at full protection. Just requires the right team.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    jarael wrote: »
    this is the first time i'm able to finish it. Zfinn is the key, all the toons had most of their protection by the end

Me too - except for me, R2 being an option helped a lot. He ate a lot of damage for me. Incidentally, I finished the bonus tier with Teebo (L), EE, Rey, R2 and Uggy (yes, I invested way too much in Uggy, thinking he would be better for the AAT). The Only zeta is R2's Number Crunch. R2 is my only G11 on the team.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • baked_qft wrote: »
    this event confuses me. I got to the last stage 7 or 8 straight times, barely losing most of the time. I was actually surprised by that, since my resistance group isn't great. So I decided to go all in, boosted finn's gear level up, handed out a pile of ability mats, moved over all of my best mods and boosted their power rating by over 2000. They all have 30 speed arrows now, and they're all a lot tougher.

but...

6 more attempts, I've made it past level 4 once.... I don't get it, originally I made it to the 8th stage every time, even getting it down to just dooku once. My is it that now that they're all modded and tougher that this event is now longer possible? Does it scale with your power rating or something? I mean, I don't really care, as I said my resistance group is all lackluster (6 or 7 stars, g7-g10), and I didn't originally expect to beat it , but I'm just curious if boosting their power caused this.

Lol I removed everyones mods and made it to the 8th stage. This game sometimes...
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I just auto both tiers with my maxed out ewok squad

9r8ZZTW.png
  • finally beat the bonus tier this time around. R2 made the big difference. There's no rush to beat it, just gear a resistance toon here and there and eventually you'll beat it. Resistance is not a bad farm regardless since they're good in all areas of the game.
  • Has anyone refreshed T2 for 500 crystals? It seems like a really good deal.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    The good rewards are all first-time-only. I'm not sure what you think is worth 500 crystals for a repeat playthrough.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    I finally beat bonus....whew.

Leader - Finn g8 Lvl 72
    Poe g8 Lvl 72
    Teebo g8 Lvl 80
    R2 g11 Lvl 85
    Rey g10 Lvl 85

I moved my best mods to them.

Beat it with just Poe dead
  • I have been working really hard on making my Ewoks strong but have a ways to go. My resistance isn't strong. Just can't do it all. Guess I will have to miss this event too. Maybe next time.

Every time I start working to make a team strong, I find I need other toons for other things so I try to work them. Gearing them up takes forever and even paying for crystals to try to get double drop shards doesn't work well. Refresh and I am lucky to hit shards one time. I have a strong Empire and Rebel team but I found over time, they didn't work as well. Like GW, I think they make my competitors too hard to beat. I have spent so much on this game and I never get more than the minimum on anything. Just frustrated.

Thanks for the input.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I beat tier 1-2 with chirpa,Teebo,elder,rey and r2,
    Didn't beat it first time it came around but it's pretty easy to get ready for its return. Now I'm working on resistance team for the next time and GW, and just to have.
  • Running zeta Finn lead Resistance squad (with R2 instead of RP). All 85 and 7* but only G8 I think.

Enough speed mods on Poe to get the party started, then it so much fun watching them go. 3*d both tiers first try.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • They should let you run Clones.
  • The rewards are garbage so who cares about this event??
  • Teebo led ewoks with r2 saves the day