First Order now irrelevant for Arena?

Will Phasma led FO now be a non-factor in Arena? It seems they will be too slow even with Victory March because Phasma will be dead before having the chance to use it.

Am I missing something?

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    They'll still be relevant.
  • The FO team I was building just took the bench. I have Phasma maxed at 69, still very strong and tanky, but her leader ability nerf has me wondering if I should use Ben or Dooku as lead. Waiting on today's update to see how things feel.
  • I was planning on keeping phasma as my lead but with the change in speed I'll switch to qgj lead plus lumi or koth and then Poe, GS and another dps.

This will allow qgj to hit first turn with GS, Poe and koth plus a high single attack dps, maybe resistance pilot or ig-86 to deal as much damage as fast as possible.
  • I was planning on keeping phasma as my lead but with the change in speed I'll switch to qgj lead plus lumi or koth and then Poe, GS and another dps.

This will allow qgj to hit first turn with GS, Poe and koth plus a high single attack dps, maybe resistance pilot or ig-86 to deal as much damage as fast as possible.

In other words, you won't be running a FO team
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    FO needed Poe to go first, still go first with Poe. Nothing changed
  • FWIW the only actual challenge to my Poe arena team, has been Phasma-led teams with Kylo and Dooku. So the constant barrage of extra attacks, as well as on hit effects, and Phasma's turn meter manipulation, is VERY strong ATM. I hope you guys realize just how small this nerf is to Phasma.
  • Bigger than Poe nerf
  • The phasma nerf was unnecessary and too harsh on a full first order team, fix FOst useless special as well!
  • I am going full forward with My FO team and I'm going to Find Poe and put a silver boot up his backside every chance I get.
  • FOTP now >10K hp. :'(
  • You do realize it wasn't a nerf. It was simply making her skill do what her tool tip read. I love people equate an actual fix as being a nerf when it doesn't benefit them.
  • You do realize it wasn't a nerf. It was simply making her skill do what her tool tip read. I love people equate an actual fix as being a nerf when it doesn't benefit them.

It's not really about the nerf. It's about the new meta being about speed and if that means her leadership on a FO team is useless now. I think it likely will be as the fastest FO player is FOO with Phasma being way behind at 122. The way I am looking at this is that a FO team will likely have at least one person dead before they take their turn...which will be the FOTP. Once he is dead where is the damage going to come from?
  • Scinful
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    To me, the speed thing falls in the same lines as a fix, rather than a nerf. Before everyone just got coin flips depending on what speed tick they were in. Now people actually go according to their speed. No RNG unless two toon's speeds are exactly the same. I love it. I can't stand RNG, and love the fact that now I know the order my team will attack in.
  • Same here. I like the update. Most of the 'nerfs' aren't that bad, except for Poe (which we all saw coming).

Phasma still rocks. Honestly, I think they screwed up her nerf cuz I'm still getting extra turns off of buffs, so...
  • There's no extra extra turns like before though. Marching orders...turn. Heal...turn. Are now gone.
  • Speed for FO = FOO Pining shot and Phasma March. FO is fine.
  • Top 50 of my leader board is still 36 Phasma/FO style. Rest are Sid & droid mix.
    Still very relevant with lots of 7* dookus, ren, Foo, fotp.

I have been having a devil of a time with them.
  • This is good news. :)
  • They'll be working for now, maybe even a few weeks, but when people adapt to the new meta FO will be doomed.
  • This is bad news. :s
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    What is this nerf everyone is talking about? I thought all they did was stop assists on heals and other non attacks
  • What is this nerf everyone is talking about? I thought all they did was stop assists on heals and other non attacks
    The issue is the speed. FO chars are really slow.
    Phasma can still see use as leader, but FO team has nothing to do on arena.
  • Eleiem wrote: »
    They'll be working for now, maybe even a few weeks, but when people adapt to the new meta FO will be doomed.

I agree. I think phasma or ren can be a good 5th spot on a team going forward though
  • Thats good and im happy with it. Die first order team :smiley: