Behind Tarkin rework stat Nerf?

Migux7
84 posts Member
So i know Tarkins rework was a while ago but I was looking at AhnaldT101´s in-depth Tarkin review and noticed that base dmg, max dmg, AOE dmg (by almost 50%) were decreased. Although speed and protection stats increased.
Also intimidation tactics doesnt apply speed down anymore, (Why? it sure as hell useful against rebels)
I especially dont see the point of the AOE dmg decrease for the Ultimate firepower, with the potency stacking being as slow as it is.
Got any intake on this ? Did the developers announce changes in base stats or only changes in abilities?

Replies

• He's Empire, they really didn't want to make him too usable.
  • Even though his stats are lower, his kit was changed so he actually does way more damage.

It's not that difficult.

His AOE before his rework did 3-5k damage max. Now it can easily do 10-17k without even being "charged up" with his basic under the right lead ability.

Not sure why they got rid of speed down but the fact that Rebels can't resist offense down and crit chance down and the potency up and -1 cooldown on it more than makes up for it.
  • Even though his stats are lower, his kit was changed so he actually does way more damage.

It's not that difficult.

His AOE before his rework did 3-5k damage max. Now it can easily do 10-17k without even being "charged up" with his basic under the right lead ability.

Not sure why they got rid of speed down but the fact that Rebels can't resist offense down and crit chance down and the potency up and -1 cooldown on it more than makes up for it.

Under what lead does Tarkin 17k damage without charging up? I never managed, at g9 true, do do mire than 7-8k

It's not that difficult.

Under what lead does Tarkin 17k damage without charging up? I never managed, at g9 true, do do mire than 7-8k

My Tarkin is maxed, and he hits around 11k under his own lead. He's modded with speed. 17k or close to that is probably achievable under a Vader lead with critical/offense mods.
  • Right hand buff
    Left hand nerf
    U didn't see anything did u

It's not that difficult.

It helps that I had him at G11 before his rework.

With an offense set under Krennick lead he hits 17k as long as he has potency up.

He can hit harder under Vader or Veers if you get lucky but his crit chance is so low that he rarely crits under them.