Tired of having to fight PTW teams!

GW has gotten extremely annoying! GW should be challenging, yes, but filter out the dang teams that have been created by spending hundreds of dollars! Many of us don't have the funds to waste like, apparently, many in this game do. In some regards GE is the only place to acquire credits on a daily basis and when it takes 20 of your best toons on either the 9th or 12th node and you can't even down ONE of the opponents toons, that's a stupid match up. Give us non-PTW people a freakin chance!

Replies

• CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    How long have you been playing? I started last September and other than the first couple weeks when I didn't have enough toons, I've only not completely finished GW a max of 3 times.

Just make sure to use several different teams at the beginning on the easy nodes so that they receive turn meter for the harder matches and can go first even if they are technically slower than your opponents toons. Also exit and restart the match by trying different character combinations.
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I got a full premium team the other day. Probably the hardest to fully max at the moment and I am for the most part F2P.

General Kenobi, Darth Nihilius, Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum, Baze and Chirut

yL2Jxzj_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

All 7* 85 G11 zetaed with max mods... power over 10000 for most.

How am I suppose to beat that, I don't have zeta yet, no Premium, very far from doing heroic raids. I couldn't even remove 5% of Baze protection with 30 toons at 7* G8-9. They would almost instant wipe me.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    You don't beat it most likely. It happens sometimes. Reset the war and try again. You'll survive long term.
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    I got Kenobi teams 10 days in a row... couple of times with Chaze.
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Do you have an swgoh.gg account? Let's see your toons.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    LtGenStu wrote: »
    I got a full premium team the other day. Probably the hardest to fully max at the moment and I am for the most part F2P.

How am I suppose to beat that, I don't have zeta yet, no Premium, very far from doing heroic raids. I couldn't even remove 5% of Baze protection with 30 toons at 7* G8-9. They would almost instant wipe me.

That is not a full premium team. Only Fulcrum is behind a pay wall.
    I know many FTP that have GK, Chirruit, Baze, DN at max gear 7*.
  • scuba wrote: »

And those folks bought shipments and used shard shop to max out chaze. I buy every chirrut I can and am only half way to 85 and that's with getting some shards from chromiums
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

And those folks bought shipments and used shard shop to max out chaze. I buy every chirrut I can and am only half way to 85 and that's with getting some shards from chromiums

And they wasted time in tournaments.
  • LtGenStu wrote: »

I had that same team today! Hence me venting!!
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member

I meant premium because Baze cost about 20000+ crystals, Chirut doesn't appear very frequently in Fleet shop, Darth Nihilus can be a verrrry long farm and General Kenobi is not easy to max when you are not close to do a heroic raid. Those are not the easiest to get.

I will create a swgoh.gg account
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    CK_3030 wrote: »

https://swgoh.gg/u/ltgenstu/

I had that same team today! Hence me venting!!
  • Oh look ... once again ... a freakin 12th node team that wipes 20 of my top toons while I'm able to down ZERO of their team! FREAKING fix this!!!
  • FIX THIS!
  • Getting SOOOoOoooOO tired of this crap
  • All tier 11 on the 9th node. This is freaking stupid! I have 2, count them 2, tier 11 toons. Come on Devs!!! Adjust the **** parameters so people can have a freaking chance
  • Oh wait, all tier 11 zera'd on ninth node! And i have zero zeta'ed toons! Stupid coding

Even with zeta teams and maxed gear/mods you would still run one or two under the bus to soften them.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    GW feels like it isnt made for me to have fun in. Always feels like a chore to even start the mode.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    CK_3030 wrote: »

https://swgoh.gg/u/ltgenstu/

GW is hard for you because outside of your arena team, your roster is relatively weak. I know it sounds counterproductive but you need to invest in the rest of your roster to help in gw. Then you will have more credits. More credits will result in the ability to buy better mods, level toons faster, and the ability to increase stars when able, thus resulting in improving arena.
  • sying
    982 posts Member

So? You didn't have to pay to earn enough shard shop currency to max chaze. You just have to farm shards of characters you already maxed out. It's a choice. Farm toons you don't want or farm shares to convert into toons you do want. By the time fulcrum is there I should have enough to max her. Unless the drop her faster than expected.