ATF is just short of being a fully fleshed out toon

Onark
104 posts Member
I really liked what they did with ATF as a whole. They took an agile attacker with reckless tendencies and matured her into a more balanced, developed version of herself.

ATF is now much less susceptible to being caught off guard, is immune to Vader's intimidation and has a ton of resilience (Perseverance vs Daring Padawan)

Her attacks are strong enough to protect herself and others effectively (protection up on basic for self and others vs. self heal on basic)

She can channel her inner strength and that of her team mates, then direct it in a more focused way. (Meditation)

ATF takes all of that strength and pushes it into her big attack, a whirlwind, and hits an enemy anywhere from 2 to 16 times dealing anywhere from ~10k to god knows how much damage. Which makes sense, she's on another level now. (Whirlwind)

However, from a game design perspective and a realistic perspective, I think it makes sense for that enemy to then lose all buffs and maybe even be dazed. Why? You just got smacked several times by light sabers, how tenacious would you feel? Would you still be taunting? Doubtful.

I know this game isn't based in realism but I feel like her kit didn't follow through. In her current state, she's still primarily a DPS toon as she was as a child which rejects the theme of the rest of her kit. Her fight with the inquisitors is proof of her ability to neutralize opponents beyond killing them with a barrage of attacks.

While it's cool to imagine what ATF's ultimate ability might look like, I think the broader scope of her character was missed by leaving out the more intangible effects of her presence on the battlefield.

Replies

• Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    True, and the whirlwind should also randomly annihilate another enemy cos whirlwind
  • Well thought out. Good points.
  • Whatever u want to add to her. I have never lost to a FAT team and I'm f2p glad I didn't spend several thousand on her
  • Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    And I never lose when im using Ahsoka on offense, so go figure :) - Defense is weak, on anyone. And also she is a beast in raids.
  • Whatever u want to add to her. I have never lost to a FAT team and I'm f2p glad I didn't spend several thousand on her

This is saying that you are smarter than the ai. I would hope that's the case for most.
  • Dang, after reading this the character developers must be really clever people
  • They spent a LOT of time making her the way she is.

She is a well balanced and we don't need any OP Rebels right now, IMO.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    They spent a LOT of time making her the way she is.

I'm somewhat in agreement.

Your point seems to be addressing a cadence issue where powerful rebels are released too frequently relative to other factions. Management put themselves into a place where they risk backlash for releasing good rebels because of this.

What I don't agree with is sacrificing the potential of a toon as a way to make up for flaws in timing or having made relative nobody's (wiggs or Chaze) too strong.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Dang, after reading this the character developers must be really clever people

I think they are. And getting better.
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member

Agree her kit is fine it has trade offs adding anything else to it would just make her OP and we don't need any OP toons that can be added to already OP Chaze, Wiggs or R2 or GK base.

ATF is how toons should probably be, interesting mechanics but not over the top. The only reason one thinks she needs more are wanting her in the OP class. Compare her to Tarkin, the Imperial Troopers she's superior people should be happy with that.
  • Syrath wrote: »

Agree her kit is fine it has trade offs adding anything else to it would just make her OP and we don't need any OP toons that can be added to already OP Chaze, Wiggs or R2 or GK base.

ATF is how toons should probably be, interesting mechanics but not over the top. The only reason one thinks she needs more are wanting her in the OP class. Compare her to Tarkin, the Imperial Troopers she's superior people should be happy with that.
    +1
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    With the whirlwind logic Greivous should Insta kill everyone with his AOE and basic :) Dude's got 4 lightsabers.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    I think her kit is a little underwhelming. She's kind of like the reverse of Vader or Boba. Except she relies on buffs instead of debuffs. Something is missing. I agree with the op. Close, but not quite fully rounded. Boba is a stronger toon as he has more utility.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    maybe whirlwind should also just stagger or something like that..... Nothing too extreme
  • Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    I think she is amazing. And when that day comes when Chaze and rex have a hard counter against their tenacity up, etc....ATFs ability to never have a debuff on will come even more handy in future.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    With that logic Annihilate should be an automatic win. If I just watched someone get annihilated through the force to feed the hunger of some Sith lord I'd probably just leave.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    With that logic Annihilate should be an automatic win. If I just watched someone get annihilated through the force to feed the hunger of some Sith lord I'd probably just leave.
    No idea why but this post is hilarious.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I've got ATF to G9, but I'm taking a detour to work on Phoenix characters in hopes of unlocking Thrawn.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Vertigo wrote: »

HAHAHA! Make it happen CG!

For real though, logic for why ATF should have certain changes made doesn't invalidate other toons needing reworks, such as GG. That's another discussion.

Added thought: GG's fighting style is totally different from Ashoka's so I can't really see him hitting a whirlwind like her as an "ultimate move". He's overwhelming because he has 4 light sabers and because of his stature. She is overwhelming because of her speed and strength with the force. I think CG has a good theme for GG but the effects attached to his skills fall flat in practical application.