Looking for:12/2016 ship shard mates: QLUQUA, ForceSurge, wawrzone. ShadowCloud. the book, mafert

Prev1
Woodroward
3749 posts Member
edited June 2017
Just trying to set up communication with the people I'm competing against. Other top players in my shard: Jan Dodonna, ballas, Torin Woodle, DarFlak, LordPerez.

I am woodroward. Most of the names I have listed off here have been in the top 10 for some time.

Replies

• yo bro ^_^
  • Hey, not sure if I'm the right Torin Woodle or not
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Hey, not sure if I'm the right Torin Woodle or not
    Well, do you recognize the names on this list from the top 10/20ish of your fleet arena? If you do, then it's probably you. :smiley: When did you start playing?

yo bro ^_^

Howdy. Glad to meet you.

So I made this thread to have lines of communication open. I have a discord channel made for our shard to have a more real time chat, but this thread works if nothing else too.

Discord doesn't require a special app (though there is an app), it can be used through a browser. If either of you or our other shard mates want the link, just send me a private message.

I'd just post it here, but I'd like to keep the channel to just our shard mates if possible.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Hey, not sure if I'm the right Torin Woodle or not
    Well, do you recognize the names on this list from the top 10/20ish of your fleet arena? If you do, then it's probably you. :smiley: When did you start playing?

I got the game in March 2016 and when ships came out, I neglected it for a while so I now rank in the top 300s ish
  • Torin_Woodle
    464 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I got the game in March 2016 and When ships came out, I neglected it for a while so I now rank in top 300s ish

Sorry I had to write it again, I accidentally wrote it in with the quote
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    I think our ship shard is very civilized compared to what I have to deal with in squad arena, so idk if there is a need for additional cooperation. But it's still good to at least communicate here.
    I attack near my payout and some battles before reset to get achievement.
    Currently I only paid attention to my payout and it seems qluqua, shadowcloud and me have payouts after one another. If I'm not mistaking we're on gmt -1, gmt and gmt +1 schedule.
  • I think it's pretty good for the most part. I wasn't even sure if I was competing against anybody in my payout hour or not. I've had a couple people knock me down right before payout occasionally, but I can't tell if it was competitive or prohibitive.

I take first pretty much daily at GMT -6 (well, -5 in daylight savings time).
  • wawrzon wrote: »
    I think our ship shard is very civilized compared to what I have to deal with in squad arena, so idk if there is a need for additional cooperation. But it's still good to at least communicate here.
    Currently I only paid attention to my payout and it seems qluqua, shadowcloud and me have payouts after one another. If I'm not mistaking we're on gmt -1, gmt and gmt +1 schedule.
    I am GMT + 3 :smile: I also play the last hour before payout... sometimes I throw in a random fight earlier but not in the top10 area at that point mostly...
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    wawrzon wrote: »
    I am GMT + 3 :smile: I also play the last hour before payout... sometimes I throw in a random fight earlier but not in the top10 area at that point mostly...

All in all, we have payouts after each other, like I wrote, so no problem with that. Only qluqua attacks randomly sometimes when he's bored, but it's acceptable, no malice on his side.
    We can write here if any problems occur, but doubtful. I only see the book and darflak attacking randomly sometimes, but other that that we're quite lucky to be spread evenly among top 10.
  • wawrzon wrote: »

All in all, we have payouts after each other, like I wrote, so no problem with that. Only qluqua attacks randomly sometimes when he's bored, but it's acceptable, no malice on his side.
    We can write here if any problems occur, but doubtful. I only see the book and darflak attacking randomly sometimes, but other that that we're quite lucky to be spread evenly among top 10.

Yeah that`s true.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, I don't attack outside my payout hour.

I have found our fleet arena to be pretty enjoyable myself.
    There was a time for a while when Biggs was busted that it stressed me out, but ever since they fixed him, I've done nothing but enjoy it.

I have had qlqua knock me out of my payout if I took it early in the hour. Irksome, but my own fault for not paying attention.

I think ForceSurge may have shared a payout with me, but I think they are inactive right now.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    I got the game in March 2016 and When ships came out, I neglected it for a while so I now rank in top 300s ish

I'm thinking you are the wrong Torin Woodle buddy. The one I am referring to is pretty regularly in the top 20, if not the top 10 of our shard.

I'm thinking you are the wrong Torin Woodle buddy. The one I am referring to is pretty regularly in the top 20, if not the top 10 of our shard.

Sorry, I thought I was apart of your shard, turns out I'm not. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope you find more from your Shard :)
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

Sorry, I thought I was apart of your shard, turns out I'm not. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope you find more from your Shard :)

No worries. Ship shards are weird. Anybody who was of similar level when they introduced ships could have ended up in the same shard regardless of when they started playing, but anyone who unlocked ships after November is going to be in a shard with a bunch of people who started playing at similar times (or at least hit level 60 at a similar time).

Personally I started playing Dec 10th, so I know my fleet shard is really unlikely to have accounts much older than mine in it too. It's possible I suppose, if they hadn't logged into swgoh from before ships were introduced until after I had unlocked my fleet, but don't quote me on that.
  • When it came out in November, I neglected it for a while because I was focusing on the Arena. That's is why I commented on your Post because I didn't pay attention for the longest time who was on my ship Shard. So when I saw your post and it had my name on it, I thought it was someone from my shard. Come to think of it, I should do a looking for ship Shard Nate's thread. But all in all, it does get confusing, especially when you don't pay attention :)
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    @TheShadowCloud & @wawrzon so I'm going to assume you've battled my fleet, and was curious what it was like on defense. Is it hard to take down, or is it just irritating? Or is it no challenge at all, I guess? I'm guessing it's pretty tough if your fleet isn't leveled since I never seem to fall too far, but that doesn't say what it's like when your fleet is leveled.

I keep working on it, and I see that you guys do too. From my side, I don't seem to have any problem beating anyone on offense. The only fleet that gave me trouble in a while was ForceSurge's, and that was basically with how the speeds of our fleets lined up his ships seemed to always have the perfect counter to my moves on hand. I'd still win, of course, but not always.

Before that, Qlqua's fleet used to give me trouble before they went on vacation or whatever. I've had problems with both of your fleets in the past, but not for some time. I'm not bragging or anything. I'm just kind of interested in exchanging information on defense.
  • @Woodroward ... I did fall off lately on the ship department and just started working on them again. Only farmed zetas and my ships had to suffer because of it. In all honesty I evade you for some time now because it was a 50-50 deal and I don`t feel like taking a chance. The whole protection recovery thing that`s going on in your lineup is giving me a headache. I will try you out after I feel comfortable again on the ship department.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    @Woodroward ... I did fall off lately on the ship department and just started working on them again. Only farmed zetas and my ships had to suffer because of it. In all honesty I evade you for some time now because it was a 50-50 deal and I don`t feel like taking a chance. The whole protection recovery thing that`s going on in your lineup is giving me a headache. I will try you out after I feel comfortable again on the ship department.
    Thanks for the feedback. I was curious about that. I know the AI uses the protection recovery abilities a lot more than I tend to. If I even end up calling Ahsoka in I will most likely never use her protection regen ability. Consular's I only use rarely. Clone Sergeant's I actually use all the time, but that's because I always have him taunting. Rex's I use every turn, but almost always for the tm gain rather than the protection.
  • I love how my name wasnt even mentioned in this :)
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    I love how my name wasnt even mentioned in this :)

What's your in-game name?
  • Surely you could figure it out. Usually always in top 5
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Surely you could figure it out. Usually always in top 5

No idea mate.

Please don't make me play guessing games. I could have an ego about who I am, but I'm not trying to. I am the first person in our shard that broke 100k fleet power. I have been taking first place regularly much longer than anyone else in our shard (other than the days my game crashes or I'm busy). It's been something like 6 months that I have been ruling my payout at rank #1.

My ingame name is the same as my username, and I still stated my in game name.

So what's your name?
    Surely you could figure it out. Usually always in top 5

No idea mate.

Please don't make me play guessing games. I could have an ego about who I am, but I'm not trying to.

My ingame name is the same as my username, and I still stated my in game name.

So what's your name?

Awh. I like guessing games though haha. I am Boozer
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Howdy Boozer!

Yeah, you've been in the top ranks for a while too now.

So what do you all think of the new power ratings?
    I like them! I have over 300k fleet power now!
  • ShroudedAlly
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Doesnt really phase me to be honest. Ships are still just as strong. It doesnt affect their over all strength. Its all just for looks now haha

I would be up around 300k mark if i kept working on ships, but stopped to focus on zetas :) i can still hit rank 1 for my shard time, so im happy with where i sit atm. And slowly level my ships.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    @TheShadowCloud & @wawrzon so I'm going to assume you've battled my fleet, and was curious what it was like on defense. Is it hard to take down, or is it just irritating? Or is it no challenge at all, I guess? I'm guessing it's pretty tough if your fleet isn't leveled since I never seem to fall too far, but that doesn't say what it's like when your fleet is leveled.

I keep working on it, and I see that you guys do too. From my side, I don't seem to have any problem beating anyone on offense. The only fleet that gave me trouble in a while was ForceSurge's, and that was basically with how the speeds of our fleets lined up his ships seemed to always have the perfect counter to my moves on hand. I'd still win, of course, but not always.

Before that, Qlqua's fleet used to give me trouble before they went on vacation or whatever. I've had problems with both of your fleets in the past, but not for some time. I'm not bragging or anything. I'm just kind of interested in exchanging information on defense.

I jsut battled you now and won on first try with my useless fleet :P But in all honesty it's all about luck as in every arena. If I manage to score at least 1 crit in first round and my assists call anyone besides JC then I can easily win. However usually it ends up 65-35 win ratio against you. Usually your JC and Plo die in first round, then Ahsoka and Rex. If I can't manage to kill anyone in first round it's a loss. I would say that JC is the weakest link, but no sense making yourself OP since it's no necessary. As it is now probably only 2-3 ppl here can kill you.
    Please don't make me play guessing games. I could have an ego about who I am, but I'm not trying to. I am the first person in our shard that broke 100k fleet power. I have been taking first place regularly much longer than anyone else in our shard (other than the days my game crashes or I'm busy). It's been something like 6 months that I have been ruling my payout at rank #1.
    This statement is false in a sense. I was in top10 second day after our shard was established, I didn't see you there. You or ForceSurge came shortly afterwards, shadowcloud was next. Many of top10 from initial launch already stopped playing. Believe me or not, just saying what I remember. Then again I didn't take notice of others outside top3 near my payout.
    If anyone's curious - I just maintain a fleet able to take #1 and not drop to low, so others can benefit. Half my units don't even have maxed out mods on them to get max benefit. So I know my fleet is trashy :)
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member

I jsut battled you now and won on first try with my useless fleet :P But in all honesty it's all about luck as in every arena. If I manage to score at least 1 crit in first round and my assists call anyone besides JC then I can easily win. However usually it ends up 65-35 win ratio against you. Usually your JC and Plo die in first round, then Ahsoka and Rex. If I can't manage to kill anyone in first round it's a loss. I would say that JC is the weakest link, but no sense making yourself OP since it's no necessary. As it is now probably only 2-3 ppl here can kill you.
    This statement is false in a sense. I was in top10 second day after our shard was established, I didn't see you there. You or ForceSurge came shortly afterwards, shadowcloud was next. Many of top10 from initial launch already stopped playing. Believe me or not, just saying what I remember. Then again I didn't take notice of others outside top3 near my payout.
    If anyone's curious - I just maintain a fleet able to take #1 and not drop to low, so others can benefit. Half my units don't even have maxed out mods on them to get max benefit. So I know my fleet is trashy :)

I actually lost against your fleet today. It's the first time I've lost on offense in over a month. :smile:

I didn't get into top 10 in our shard until after I had been in it for a while. A few weeks or something. I didn't remember seeing you there then, I thought you came a bit later but with different payouts and it's been over 6 months now, I wouldn't be surprised if my memory betrayed me.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    Yeah, nobody from original top10 is playing now. I went to top10 on 2nd or 3rd day since I knew how important tokens will be. You, ForceSurge and Shadow came around the same time to top10, idk when exactly. You might have came when I was on holidays or on some weekend trip - I usually drop to 40th place then since I don't bother playing. But surely I'm the longest tenured player atm, not that it's worth anything.
    Nice to see that my bug crew is usefull for smth, maybe it fairs better on auto than when I use it...
  • Wow, well I was rank 19 on my first day and rank 1 on my second day...Dunno how much it matters, but reality is there is a handful of players who are grinding the top since the start. Congrats to all of you! *tips hat off*

I actually lost against your fleet today. It's the first time I've lost on offense in over a month. :smile:

I didn't get into top 10 in our shard until after I had been in it for a while. A few weeks or something. I didn't remember seeing you there then, I thought you came a bit later but with different payouts and it's been over 6 months now, I wouldn't be surprised if my memory betrayed me.

Seems that shard is kinda set in stone atm so no pressure and easy tokens daily - thats a good thing. Started to mess around with my ships lately, out of boredom. Trying target lock fleet under Ackbar - it's easier to kill you, but worse on defense, especially against Tarkin fleet. Will try something new next week. You're still the only one I loose occasionally too - it's rather fun to have a challenger. Seems shadowcloud stopped playing. So now I guess we're like 5 ppl rotating for #1