• I would rather have Darth bane
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    BSwoody87 wrote: »
    Boreas wrote: »
    REM wrote: »
    Why does everyone think that Thrawn will have a "legendary" event? Like Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine and R2-D2? Thrawn cannot be compared to those iconic characters in the SW universe. That would be an insult to them. Possibly Thrawn will have a Marquee event with a bonus tier available only for Phoenix, to upgrade him to 4* maybe. And I definitely agree with the OP, I don't think that he'll be viable at all, just another, not so bad, but not effective against Chaze character.

Because the developers already confirmed it'd be a legendary event a few days ago in the update thread.
    Why does everyone think that Thrawn will have a "legendary" event? Like Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine and R2-D2? Thrawn cannot be compared to those iconic characters in the SW universe. That would be an insult to them. Possibly Thrawn will have a Marquee event with a bonus tier available only for Phoenix, to upgrade him to 4* maybe. And I definitely agree with the OP, I don't think that he'll be viable at all, just another, not so bad, but not effective against Chaze character.

I thought it was announced it was a legendary event?

Yeah guys, I just heard it also, but still I do think that it's not proper to compare him to those iconic characters, the shame is on devs.

Not Iconic? are you kidding He almost destroyed the new republic after the second death star and death of the emperor if not for a backstab by his bodyguard, he was the emperor closesed ally next to vader, if you compare him to some droid who can hack some stuff and THE ONLY alien GRAND admiral EVER who single handedly whooped luke han and leia with his superior thinking and the whole new republic, he deserves that legendary event.
    Not enough? look at rebels, he killed the bendu, he whipped the rebels, he is such a badass you dont even know, if you consider thrawn bad you are not a star wars fan

Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine, and R2-D2, look for their place in the SW universe, think about their absence, then think about Thrawn's place, and his absence... you'll reach the answer...

Hey just because George Lucas wasn't smart enough to make sequels with him as the main antagonist doesn't mean he doesn't belong up there with Palpy

Will there be Star Wars without Yoda, Palpatine or R2-D2? No. Will there be Star Wars without Thrawn? Yes, of course... there you have the answer...
  • Bane, Riven, Bastilla, Malek, anyone else from KOTOR is better than Thrawn. Fan favorite my...
  • BSwoody87 wrote: »
    [
    Hey just because George Lucas wasn't smart enough to make sequels with him as the main antagonist doesn't mean he doesn't belong up there with Palpy
    That's not the point. The fact of the matter is he isn't as known as the others mentioned, even if Thrawn was ruler of an entire galaxy in a side story or two.

Because the developers already confirmed it'd be a legendary event a few days ago in the update thread.

Yeah guys, I just heard it also, but still I do think that it's not proper to compare him to those iconic characters, the shame is on devs.

Thrawn is iconic to a lot of Star Wars fans. His book trilogy is fantastic and he's one of the most cunning villains in Star Wars lore (and I don't care what Disney decided is canon).

The majority of fans I can guaruntee have never heard of him.

Huh...really? You have stats to prove this or you just talking out of your rear?

Scan the threads when he was rumored. Rebels is a kids show and majority likely don't read the books.
  • Thrawn is like evil Sherlock; a true great character in the Star Wars pantheon. I doubt his meta-ness from a kit that forces you to think and make choices that will effect battle outcomes but he's likely someone that can be ridden to #1 daily
  • Boreas wrote: »

Not Iconic? are you kidding He almost destroyed the new republic after the second death star and death of the emperor if not for a backstab by his bodyguard, he was the emperor closesed ally next to vader, if you compare him to some droid who can hack some stuff and THE ONLY alien GRAND admiral EVER who single handedly whooped luke han and leia with his superior thinking and the whole new republic, he deserves that legendary event.
    Not enough? look at rebels, he killed the bendu, he whipped the rebels, he is such a badass you dont even know, if you consider thrawn bad you are not a star wars fan

"You don't determine how you fan! I tell you how to fan!"

Thrawn is iconic to a lot of Star Wars fans. His book trilogy is fantastic and he's one of the most cunning villains in Star Wars lore (and I don't care what Disney decided is canon).

Huh...really? You have stats to prove this or you just talking out of your rear?

Scan the threads when he was rumored. Rebels is a kids show and majority likely don't read the books.

So the majority of Star Wars fans play this game? You said the majority of fans then based it on "scanning" the SWGOH forum. lol ridiculous
  • NicolBolas wrote: »
    Winstar wrote: »
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    And EA is smart enough to know that if we find out now, we will stop farming Phoenix...

Think about it, if Thrawn is that great, why would they be so secretive about his info? If he is OP and meta-changing, and we know he's here in 5 days, lots of people will drop resources and cash to max Phoenix.

The only logical explanation is that he stinks and EA doesn't want us to find out until it's too late and we've already farmed Phoenix.

You can farm pheonix to 5star with no money

Who wants to use a 5* for the next 6 months?

Would you rather have no Thrawn for the next 6 months?

Why would you think that? Of course not. Would you rather have a 5* Thrawn or a 7* Thrawn? If Thrawn is so amazing in raids, why not show us what he can do so more people will strive to get him at 7*?
    Your saying they're taking people's money by keeping his actions secret while people put resources into Phoenix, and at the same time you're saying that keeping him a secret is costing them money because people don't see how good he is in raids and so people are not pouring resources into Phoenix.

First, decide which is it. Now, Thrawn is not the first of his kind. Maybe you're new, but Yoda, EP and R2 are allí released via the legendary event type. Not everyone got those at 7* the first time around either and that is exactly the expectation, especially if you're not a whale. Good luck.

And how do you know they're not going to reveal more specifics about him over the next few days? Do you have that link somewhere?

So the majority of Star Wars fans play this game? You said the majority of fans then based it on "scanning" the SWGOH forum. lol ridiculous

You're not very good at reasonable deduction are you? I didn't see any threads questioning r2's legendary status yet we do with thrawn....hmmmmm

You're not very good at reasonable deduction are you? I didn't see any threads questioning r2's legendary status yet we do with thrawn....hmmmmm

Umm nope I think you're the one who is struggling. You said the majority of Star Wars fans didn't know who Thrawn was and used a ridiculous basis for it. I might agree with you if you said the majority of SWGOH players don't know who he is, not fans in general.

Umm nope I think you're the one who is struggling. You said the majority of Star Wars fans didn't know who Thrawn was and used a ridiculous basis for it. I might agree with you if you said the majority of SWGOH players don't know who he is, not fans in general.

It's fair to assume the correlation will over lap. No star wars fan I know has ever heard of thrawn
  • remember DN and how that was done

EP and mass stun was announced like a month before release

Yoda - nothing at all except it would steal buffs, spread them around and req jedi

thrawn....hmmmm
  • Again, he isn't worth the waste of resources and how they are doing thrawn is a slap in the face to everyone who plays this game. PS was a massive failure, and this is them saving face.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    What's your definition of a SW fan? Someone who's maybe seen all the movies a time or two might not know who Thrawn is. Someone who has seen every bit of media associated with SW 50 times, has giant chunks of dialogue memorized, has read truckloads of SW books/comics, has a room in their home dedicated to SW memorabilia, and has a full set of Mandolorian armor that they wear to cons... they all probably know who Thrawn is. And I've been packed in a convention hall with thousands upon thousands of the second type of fan. They exist in very large numbers. There is nothing wrong with either type. To each his own. But the former type of fan being ignorant of how important a character is to the SW universe doesn't make them less important.

And to the OP, why not actually... I don't know... SEE the character before passing judgement on his viability? You're making some pretty baseless assumptions that just sound like sour grapes.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited June 2017

Thrawn from the books actually does compare..... Not from rebels. And yeah it's been announced..... Legendary event...... Pheonix squadron....... Blah blah blah
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member

Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine and R2-D2... you may be a Thrawn fan, there may be a lot of Thrawn fans, but that does make him comparable to those iconic characters. If you think he is, well, I have no words...

Comparable to fans who also read
  • Juex777 wrote: »

Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine and R2-D2... you may be a Thrawn fan, there may be a lot of Thrawn fans, but that does make him comparable to those iconic characters. If you think he is, well, I have no words...

Comparable to fans who also read

^ This. Fans who've never heard of Thrawn from the book trilogy are missing out.
  • I heard C3-PO is better than Thrawn...
  • It sounds like he will be good in raids. Per the dev in the video. He seemed excited about that part.

I hear Kylo is good in raids and easier to gear/farm.
  • JG44D2
    79 posts Member
    Maybe they aren't releasing his info because they want to save all the tears for the 15th.
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member

Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine, and R2-D2, look for their place in the SW universe, think about their absence, then think about Thrawn's place, and his absence... you'll reach the answer...

You're better off just moving on you'll get no agreement from the fanboys. Long before Disney bought SW I loved the Zahn Thrawn novels and considered them cannon for what occurs after ROTJ, I still do. But Thrawn doesn't rank with the prior Legendary Events there is really no comparison just take R2 and merchandise.

That said EU wise Thrawn is one of the fan favorites, won't have been my choice and I think there are better characters they could've went for. But they are pushing Disney's agenda currently.

That said I think Disney doesn't understand what makes SW special. Just take the TCW cartoon and the heavy Jedi focus and look at Diseny moving away from Jedi and Sith making it just another space universe ugh.
  • Syrath wrote: »

You're better off just moving on you'll get no agreement from the fanboys. Long before Disney bought SW I loved the Zahn Thrawn novels and considered them cannon for what occurs after ROTJ, I still do. But Thrawn doesn't rank with the prior Legendary Events there is really no comparison just take R2 and merchandise.

That said EU wise Thrawn is one of the fan favorites, won't have been my choice and I think there are better characters they could've went for. But they are pushing Disney's agenda currently.

That said I think Disney doesn't understand what makes SW special. Just take the TCW cartoon and the heavy Jedi focus and look at Diseny moving away from Jedi and Sith making it just another space universe ugh.
    Nicely said, particularly that last paragraph.
  • the video shows tfp going then fo pilot dying in 1 shot lol

If you haven't heard of him you are not a Star Wars fan.

If you haven't heard of him you are not a Star Wars fan.

Again, telling fans how to fan lol. Get a life bub.
  • If it wasn't for Zahn and particularly Thrawn, we probably wouldn't have SWGOH.

Why I hear you asking. Well Star Wars was meh in the late 80s and was plodding along just like Star Trek was. The books and Thrawn in the early 90s, rekindled Star Wars and thus we got the special editions and then the prequels and yada yada.

So when I hear people say that Thrawn isn't up there with the classics or fans haven't heared of Thrawn, I laugh and shake my head.

Put it this way, how many legends as per Disney classification of EU characters,have made the jump over to now Canon? Must be a reason as to why.
  • NoahScape wrote: »
    I refuse to waste resources on PS and it's gutless to force the community to waste resources on failed toons to get a big question mark.

+1
  • BlazeSA
    134 posts Member
    Well if Thrawn doesn't make Empire viable in Arena, don't be too surprised, if the last lot of releases are anything to go by, we will just get another fail. But this will be the last chance I personally give them, tired of poor game "improvements" and the future looks bleak. Thrawn sucks = what else did you expect = go to app press uninstall (For me anyways)
  • SoloWindu wrote: »
    If it wasn't for Zahn and particularly Thrawn, we probably wouldn't have SWGOH.

Why I hear you asking. Well Star Wars was meh in the late 80s and was plodding along just like Star Trek was. The books and Thrawn in the early 90s, rekindled Star Wars and thus we got the special editions and then the prequels and yada yada.

So when I hear people say that Thrawn isn't up there with the classics or fans haven't heared of Thrawn, I laugh and shake my head.

Put it this way, how many legends as per Disney classification of EU characters,have made the jump over to now Canon? Must be a reason as to why.
    Dude just stop. This level of fanboyism is actually not okay.
This discussion has been closed.