What's a cleanse gonna change about anything?

Prev1
Why do people want an empire cleanse so much ? It is not going to fix the chaze problem ! The number 1 triple cleanse team does not inflict debuffs (except speed down from baze and nihilus unique) so what is there to cleanse ?
I understand it would have been useful weeks ago when they released Gar Saxon and zaul was everywhere with is daze. But now zaul is gone. And if you really want to run empire, you can still add kenobi to the comp, which happen to cleanse, among many other things.
Long story short : Thrawn cleanse is not going to change anything to the empire faction...

Replies

• Options
    Yep! I'm gearing Kenobi now and have nothing to do with Phoenix Squad.
  • Options
    What Thrawn needed was an anti-buff, anti-tenacity up kit. He got nothing of that sort. Cheers to your continued rebel domination! Then again, he could be OP AF and this could be too early of judgement. This is purely based on paper speculation.
  • Options
    Exactly, empire needs to stick debuffs : they need a counter to tenacity up that's all.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    I've been saying this as well but they did mention a few great abilities.

TM gain: the empire are turtles and need it

The ability to share TM: time to speed up DT to go 1st and still have a useful leadership

Protection manipulation: empire toons are stocky but they can only heal health which made prior protection pools a large one and done.

And the unique abilities an cleanse. Could be worth it.
  • Options
    Tm gain is useless if you are giving your own away... it's basically losing a turn
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Link2440 wrote: »
    Tm gain is useless if you are giving your own away... it's basically losing a turn

Give your turn away is actually quite powerful. We'll have to wait to see it in action. Rex looks unimpressive on paper initially.

Empire is actually really strong and has heavy dps. They might have calibrated thrawn to make empire shine..... Wait and see.

Seriously, the reaction to chaze is ridiculous. I had it too initially, but at higher levels it became pretty simple to deal with them.

Initially I had the same reaction to Wiggs and Lando.... You can figure them out at mid levels though. Figure Chaze out because they're not going to be nerfed. Wai
  • Options
    Yeah, imagine that Snowtrooper does his AOE which is pretty powerful, then thrawn let's him go again, you could have most toons without protection by that point.
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • Options
    aclbosox wrote: »
    Yeah, imagine that Snowtrooper does his AOE which is pretty powerful, then thrawn let's him go again, you could have most toons without protection by that point.
    He might shine with troopers. Although I'm sure Rex triple cleanse will still hand him his butt back
  • Options
    thrawn is JE or SA for empire, makes TFP go first
  • Options
    thrawn is JE or SA for empire, makes TFP go first

He can't do that unless he will go first by himself
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well, I think by "cleanse" what people started to mean by that was as synonym for a DS General Kenobi. The default 5th in everyone's "empire" squad was GK...the cleanse. Really it's just the GK is super insane badarse overall and also has a cleanse.

I'm with you OP on cleanse not really being the Empire's biggest issue, no matter how much it's asked for. Their issue is being able to land debuffs AND have those debuffs stick. That's their bread and butter. And also...speed and someway to get on top to apply those debuffs early.

Need to see his final kit here for arena viability.

What also gives me pause is his kit being described as very tactical in ability to make decisions - great for the character it represents - but we know tactical toons are horrific under AI control.

I'm just hopeful he's really good in raids and at least a viable option in arena like Tarkin. Without seeing more, I don't get the sense that his kit is going to directly counter Chaze / GK / Rex / R2 / Wedge combos. That type of kit would include something to avoid / block taunts, a big damage skill, and / or an ability to stick debuffs through ten up or have them be uncleansable.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Empire has a lot of high dps characters. Troopers for example are amazing and only fall because of debuffs. It's also not just the cleanses either..... Also we need to know how the tm manipulation works. Also mentioned speed up /speed down and ability block. The problem is they just teased and didn't show us the actual kit.

So blind faith it is, if your want to unlock thrawn before six months from now.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Probably not good with the AI. No.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    It really seems manipulative to ask us to work on the unpopular Pheonix squad without revealing Thrawn's full kit. It reminds me of the review embargo's on lousy movies. Definitely doesn't encourage trust.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    If thrawn has a complex kit then he will most likely be horrible on defense just like the resistance squad.
  • Options
    Juex777 wrote: »
    Empire has a lot of high dps characters. Troopers for example are amazing and only fall because of debuffs. It's also not just the cleanses either..... Also we need to know how the tm manipulation works. Also mentioned speed up /speed down and ability block. The problem is they just teased and didn't show us the actual kit.

So blind faith it is, if your want to unlock thrawn before six months from now.

I would say that empire is actually pretty low on high damage characters. Basically it is snowtrooper and TFP, everyone else relies on laying down debuffs or removing turn meter more than straight up damage. Even with Deathtrooper a triple cleanse team is pretty much always going to have tenacity up, and between Rex lead and GK crits are going to be a combination of uncommon and not a really good idea when they do happen.

I can manage to just barely make a hybrid Empire/Sith team work thanks to recurring dots, non resistable tm removal, and cooldown increase not being affected by tenacity up, but as soon as the game gives me enough carbantis I'm moving back to a rebel team.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Link2440 wrote: »

Not if you are 165 base speed and you need the 123 speed toon to go 1st. Also it can help to reset their cooldowns.
  • Options
    AOE dispel is what was needed, which I had hoped Tarkin would receive with his rework.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    You already have a dispel with DT who is perfectly viable already in high end arena (even better with Krennic). TM boosts and cleanse will help push an empire squad to possibly shut down the other team more effectively...
    The question is who do you drop... Kenobi serves that role in an empire team but then you need a new tank for the squad...

It's hard to speculate without seeing his skill set
  • Options
    What was need was a dark-side version of Jyn's Rebel Counterattack, with an Empire twist.

I was counting on Thrawn having an AOE Tenacity Down, which would give 100% TM to a selected toon - for example, Zader.

So, Thrawn AOE's Tenacity Down (which is applied over Tenacity Up), gives 100% TM to Zader, who then uses Force Crush. Now the enemy has Ten Down, reduced TM, and (with the exception of ATF) is hit by uncleansable DoTs.

It'll be interesting to see how Thrawn works out, but kinda bummed AOE Ten Down isn't in his kit (that we know of).

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Options
    Honestly, I think it'd fix a lot of things if cleanse worked like it does for Thrawn.

Keep all cleansing buffs for respective factions.

Rex only works for clones.

Kenobi only works for clones/Jedi

Thrawn only works for empire.

Chaze only works for rebels.

And also, break the Rebels up. We don't need every single person who rebels to be a rebel.

It's like if Captain America became a SWGOH promo character, he'd be a rebel by default.
  • Options
    Juex777 wrote: »
    It really seems manipulative to ask us to work on the unpopular Pheonix squad without revealing Thrawn's full kit. It reminds me of the review embargo's on lousy movies. Definitely doesn't encourage trust.

This is exactly what i was thinking.
  • Options
    Well, I think by "cleanse" what people started to mean by that was as synonym for a DS General Kenobi. The default 5th in everyone's "empire" squad was GK...the cleanse. Really it's just the GK is super insane badarse overall and also has a cleanse.

I'm with you OP on cleanse not really being the Empire's biggest issue, no matter how much it's asked for. Their issue is being able to land debuffs AND have those debuffs stick. That's their bread and butter. And also...speed and someway to get on top to apply those debuffs early.

What also gives me pause is his kit being described as very tactical in ability to make decisions - great for the character it represents - but we know tactical toons are horrific under AI control.

I'm just hopeful he's really good in raids and at least a viable option in arena like Tarkin. Without seeing more, I don't get the sense that his kit is going to directly counter Chaze / GK / Rex / R2 / Wedge combos. That type of kit would include something to avoid / block taunts, a big damage skill, and / or an ability to stick debuffs through ten up or have them be uncleansable.

I may have missed it but I've never once seen someone requesting and empire cleanse and constantly see complaints about tenacity up. So logically since it's not rebels they give us what no one was asking for
  • mediocreJoe
    110 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    You already have a dispel with DT who is perfectly viable already in high end arena (even better with Krennic). TM boosts and cleanse will help push an empire squad to possibly shut down the other team more effectively...
    The question is who do you drop... Kenobi serves that role in an empire team but then you need a new tank for the squad...

I'm hoping I can run DK(L), DT, Thrawn, another DPS maybe snow, and an empire tank. What were you thinking?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »

I'm hoping I can run DK(L), DT, Thrawn, another DPS maybe snow, and an empire tank. What were you thinking?

I would love love to be able to run DK lead... I've got like half a dozen zeta invested in empire charachters alone...

Maybe Thrawn can make it work. It will be interesting for sure to see what impact he has on high end arena. I'm eager to try it out ;)
  • Options
    Have to agree. Sarcastic thanks to everyone that insisted on a cleanse ability when we really needed to counter tenacity, crit immunity, evasion. Do not seen how this will help but will of course wait until I get him (hopefully) to see how it plays out.
  • Jonais
    68 posts Member
    Options
    I currently run zKrennic(l), zDT, zVeers, ShoreT, Rex... I was hoping Thrawn would be a replacement for rex giving me some much needed cleanse as well as something to break up the triple cleanse meta, but EA obviously has no intention of breaking up the current meta and continues to show their bias toward LS squads. Where there are other very strong cleansers who not only cleanse the whole team but do other things on top of it, they give us a character who can cleanse himself and one other empire toon.... ooooh, how exciting!
  • sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I may have missed it but I've never once seen someone requesting and empire cleanse and constantly see complaints about tenacity up. So logically since it's not rebels they give us what no one was asking for

There have been quite a few people asking for an empire cleanse, but it takes a lot more than just a cleanse to make someone useful. How many complaints has anyone seen about Ackbar or Lobot being OP lately after all.

Rex does tenacity up and turn meter on his cleanse, and has an amazing lead ability. Chirrut also can give tenacity up, is the best healer in the game, counterattacks, and is one of the better attackers out there as well. GK and R2 are similar, a list as long as your arm of other abilities that make them great. Unless Thrawn comes with a list like that of his own he is destined to mostly warm the bench and make people regret investing in a faction they never liked in the first place.
  • Options

There have been quite a few people asking for an empire cleanse, but it takes a lot more than just a cleanse to make someone useful. How many complaints has anyone seen about Ackbar or Lobot being OP lately after all.

Rex does tenacity up and turn meter on his cleanse, and has an amazing lead ability. Chirrut also can give tenacity up, is the best healer in the game, counterattacks, and is one of the better attackers out there as well. GK and R2 are similar, a list as long as your arm of other abilities that make them great. Unless Thrawn comes with a list like that of his own he is destined to mostly warm the bench and make people regret investing in a faction they never liked in the first place. [\b]

Ding ding ding. So many dings, this breaks the dinger. Well said @sjkerhfgdjhd . Way easier to say than your handle.
  • Options

Rex does tenacity up and turn meter on his cleanse, and has an amazing lead ability. Chirrut also can give tenacity up, is the best healer in the game, counterattacks, and is one of the better attackers out there as well. GK and R2 are similar, a list as long as your arm of other abilities that make them great. Unless Thrawn comes with a list like that of his own he is destined to mostly warm the bench and make people regret investing in a faction they never liked in the first place.

The only thing that needs to be or should be done imo is addressing tenacity. It's a debuff block instead of tenacity up and that isn't how it should be. Most dark side have good health steal so I couldn't care less about cleansing. Cleansing isn't empire's game.