Thrawn- release him in a Marquee event please!

Prev1
Brainsym
127 posts Member
This whole phoenix bonanza is irritating the whole community.
If you want to release a character in a legendary event, atleast require the line up to be from an already established faction.
Like when R2D2 was announced i rushed to gear and level the empire toons i had but rather ignored for a while, but it was possible to get R2D2 at six stars for me and many others too who also 7 stared him. New players had a chance at a crack at the event.
But why with thrawn has the balance been tipped?
If you ran out of factions, (with the rebels being a requirement for EP). Then release him in a marquee event and the problem is sloved!

What does everyone think!

Replies

  • Pyrefly
    1238 posts Moderator
    Nope. I'm fine with it the way it is.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Why do you even bother asking for something which you know well it will never happen.
  • Nope, they did it right. I started farming Phoenix the day they became farmable in nodes and shops. I'll have all of them 5* except Sabine by tomorrow. That's enough for me. I will still use thrawn at 5* in my empire team like I did for palpatine when I unlocked him.
  • Mzee
    1605 posts Member
    Agreed. Not enough time, and there hasn't been any reason to work on Phoenix till now. Heck Phoenix were not even available till just now to begin with. Even with all the help with double drops this is just bizarre and not enough. At least with Empire many people had already worked on them.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    2 things. 1. I prefer legendary events and so do a lot of other people. 2. Even if we didn't they aren't going to change it. They've made it very clear they don't listen to to forums.
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    Nope. I'm fine with it the way it is.
    lol https://swgoh.gg/u/pyrefly/collection/?f=phoenix

  • colo
    38 posts Member
    "Not enough time", this is precisely why it is released this way.

    "Buy the pack to get Thrawn right now or it will be over !". It is the basic cheap marketing (and also one of the most efficient) you find in some kitchen or car dealer.
  • Vertigo
    4322 posts Member
    MrfarNhigh wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Nope. I'm fine with it the way it is.
    lol https://swgoh.gg/u/pyrefly/collection/?f=phoenix

    https://swgoh.gg/u/vertigo/collection/?f=phoenix

    What's the problem? Getting them to 5* isn't hard for f2p (like myself) in time for the event. I doubt any f2ps are gonna have him them at 7* by the time the event rolls around though. I don't think I'd believe that unless they had millions of shard shop currency... I used a 5* EP for the entire 6 months after his release before the second time his event came back and I was able to 7* him, most characters, especially support characters will be arena viable at 5* depending on their skillsets.
  • Pyrefly
    1238 posts Moderator
    MrfarNhigh wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Nope. I'm fine with it the way it is.
    lol https://swgoh.gg/u/pyrefly/collection/?f=phoenix
    What's the point of that? I've said plenty of times that I'll easily be 6* by the end of the event. Kanan, Chopper, and Zeb will be 7*, and probably one of either Ezra or Hera, as well.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    The people defending it are either whales who spend lots on the game, or "ftp" players who have lots of resources already because they been playing for a long time.

    I think, unfair advantage.
  • Pyrefly
    1238 posts Moderator
    Full disclosure:
    34ye5tw.jpg

    And how is it unfair that longer-playing characters have a chance at getting a higher star version of a legendary event character? That's ALWAYS the way it's been. I didn't get Yoda maxed for a looong time. Didn't get Palp the first time around, either.

    It's super easy to get a 5* PS. And fairly easy to get a 6* PS. Getting a 7* PS with the shortened time-frame will require lots of advanced planning and foresight, but doable even for some F2P.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Nope, they did it right. I started farming Phoenix the day they became farmable in nodes and shops. I'll have all of them 5* except Sabine by tomorrow. That's enough for me. I will still use thrawn at 5* in my empire team like I did for palpatine when I unlocked him.

    Same boat. But I'll have Sabine too...albeit with less shard shop currency. Event is fine the way it is. Much cheaper to get him to 7* than a marquee event if he is meta breaking.
    Do or Do not.

    DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Pyrefly
    1238 posts Moderator
    Much cheaper to get him to 7* than a marquee event if he is meta breaking.
    And this is honestly why most/all F2P players should be cheering this on, rather than spending so much effort crying about it.

    Would you rather he be stuck behind a pay wall for 3 months and then behind a single hard-node just like Baze where it will take F2P players 9 months to max him by farming him daily?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Vertigo
    4322 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Brainsym wrote: »
    The people defending it are either whales who spend lots on the game, or "ftp" players who have lots of resources already because they been playing for a long time.

    I think, unfair advantage.

    Oh I'm not defending it, but it's still manageable for any f2p that didn't start after the Phoenix Marquees. And well, people who started between then and now don't really have huge claims to being able to complete Legendary events. I started playing December 2015 and didn't unlock Yoda the first time his event came around and I dropped every project I was working on when he was announced but still only had 4 jedi at 5* by the time the event finished. They aren't going to change it now so aim for 5* that's what I'm aiming for. I doubt I can get 5 of them to 6* before the event finishes, but 5* is totally reachable. 7* is straight up out of the question for any f2p, so what? Only the whales or p2p players get to use Thrawn in raids for the next 6 months, that was essentially true for General Kenobi and GK is probably still going to be better than Thrawn for overall use, Thrawn clearly has directed Empire synergies.

    I'm just saying 5* Thrawn isn't that bad and saying that newer players don't have a chance isn't exactly much of an argument. Let them play a few more months before they're able to unlock characters via the new legendary event, I don't actually see anything wrong with that. I do think that they could've done a different event that was somewhere between a marquee and legendary and that would've been widely more accepted by the community.

    But how is there anything wrong with long time players having an "unfair" advantage? What's the point in playing a game loyally for a a long time if you are in the exact same category as the people that started playing 3 weeks ago?
  • MrfarNhigh
    50 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    2qta71d.png
    I spent 2k crystals on cantina, However I'm first everyday on my shard, and yes I think it's unfair... it should be fair for at least top 20. first, I won't have them 7 stars by the end of the event anyway, and second we had yoda event this month!!!
  • It's completely fait and I love I probably won't even be able to get thrawn and if I do he will be 5* but no everyone should have access to every character? And this is a good way to release him besides the whales need some advantage
  • It's completely fait and I love I probably won't even be able to get thrawn and if I do he will be 5* but no everyone should have access to every character? And this is a good way to release him besides the whales need some advantage
    WHY?
  • MrfarNhigh wrote: »
    It's completely fait and I love I probably won't even be able to get thrawn and if I do he will be 5* but no everyone should have access to every character? And this is a good way to release him besides the whales need some advantage
    WHY?

    Because they fund the game? They are the ones that mean we are getting all this new content at the moment without whales EA wouldn't invest into improving the game?
  • scuba
    12101 posts Member
    Yoda Released
    Players Scrambled to get 5 Jedi ready

    EP released
    Players Scrambled to get 5 Rebels ready

    R2 Released
    Players Scrambled to get 5 Empire ready

    There has been one of these "I don't have 5 x faction at 7* it is not fair threads" every legendary event (the "I" is general and not directed at anyone specific as I don't know what the OP or anyone else has ready so don't get you panties in a twist).

    Not everyone needs to have everything maxed on release. It rewards those that have been working on their entire roster and not just the 5 character flavor of the month.

    BTW if a FTP can get him unlocked at 5* the first time around that is better than a Marquee event IMO.

    It is what it is. Which is a Legendary event.
  • Riffinator
    2519 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Yoda Released
    Players Scrambled to get 5 Jedi ready

    EP released
    Players Scrambled to get 5 Rebels ready

    R2 Released
    Players Scrambled to get 5 Empire ready

    There has been one of these "I don't have 5 x faction at 7* it is not fair threads" every legendary event (the "I" is general and not directed at anyone specific as I don't know what the OP or anyone else has ready so don't get you panties in a twist).

    Not everyone needs to have everything maxed on release. It rewards those that have been working on their entire roster and not just the 5 character flavor of the month.

    BTW if a FTP can get him unlocked at 5* the first time around that is better than a Marquee event IMO.

    It is what it is. Which is a Legendary event.

    Right, however, you COULD have had the required units because they were famable WAY before the event not released at the same time
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Brainsym wrote: »
    This whole phoenix bonanza is irritating the whole community.
    If you want to release a character in a legendary event, atleast require the line up to be from an already established faction.
    Like when R2D2 was announced i rushed to gear and level the empire toons i had but rather ignored for a while, but it was possible to get R2D2 at six stars for me and many others too who also 7 stared him. New players had a chance at a crack at the event.
    But why with thrawn has the balance been tipped?
    If you ran out of factions, (with the rebels being a requirement for EP). Then release him in a marquee event and the problem is sloved!

    What does everyone think!

    I'm not a whale, but I also don't board the entitlement train. In my opinion the marquee events are a lame hand me out.

    Good luck, better suck it up and start farming Phoenix heroes if you want Thrawn.
  • MrfarNhigh wrote: »
    It's completely fait and I love I probably won't even be able to get thrawn and if I do he will be 5* but no everyone should have access to every character? And this is a good way to release him besides the whales need some advantage
    WHY?

    Because they fund the game? They are the ones that mean we are getting all this new content at the moment without whales EA wouldn't invest into improving the game?
    You make nosense cause it's sounds like there is no strategy in this game to succeeded except for "whaling it". If there is no strategy why play a game that requires a "cheat" mechanism to succeed? Boring and pointless. If I was placed outside the first 50 maybe you would make any sense to me, but I'm first everyday and for the only exception hera, and ezra I won't have any others at 7 stars.
  • I think that releasing thrawn this way is a win that P2P needs. Given the new release cadence it'd be nice to see a real benefit to paying
  • Pyrefly
    1238 posts Moderator
    To be honest, even if PS had been farmable for a year, people would still be on these forums saying "WAAAAH! Phoenix has never been meta, so I've never bothered farming them. SO UNFAIR! WAAAAH!"
    I mean, the internet is still the internet, after all.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • leef
    11981 posts Member
    legendary event with short notice > marquee event followed by 1 hardnode farmability
    It's not even close.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • aclbosox
    130 posts Member
    No, Marquee events were the worst thing the happen to this game. No effort involved and it's over in like 5 mins. I prefer events where you have to work towards something and grind it out and it isn't just a 5 min flash in the pan.
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • aclbosox wrote: »
    No, Marquee events were the worst thing the happen to this game. No effort involved and it's over in like 5 mins. I prefer events where you have to work towards something and grind it out and it isn't just a 5 min flash in the pan.
    Guys you probably don't want to understand or you just simply don't care to read. It's nice to have an invent like this for thrawn but the time that was given is too short!
  • aclbosox
    130 posts Member
    MrfarNhigh wrote: »
    aclbosox wrote: »
    No, Marquee events were the worst thing the happen to this game. No effort involved and it's over in like 5 mins. I prefer events where you have to work towards something and grind it out and it isn't just a 5 min flash in the pan.
    Guys you probably don't want to understand or you just simply don't care to read. It's nice to have an invent like this for thrawn but the time that was given is too short!

    But it's going to come back at some point! If you could clear every event first go around what would be the challenge? You'd have nothing to work on. It's actually better for the longevity of the game to have it this way.
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • leef
    11981 posts Member
    MrfarNhigh wrote: »
    aclbosox wrote: »
    No, Marquee events were the worst thing the happen to this game. No effort involved and it's over in like 5 mins. I prefer events where you have to work towards something and grind it out and it isn't just a 5 min flash in the pan.
    Guys you probably don't want to understand or you just simply don't care to read. It's nice to have an invent like this for thrawn but the time that was given is too short!

    no, i'm fully aware of the short time, it's still miles better than a marquee event.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Pyrefly
    1238 posts Moderator
    MrfarNhigh wrote: »
    If I was placed outside the first 50 maybe you would make any sense to me, but I'm first everyday and for the only exception hera, and ezra I won't have any others at 7 stars.
    You have at least 15 days from the first announcement. Four GW/Arena/Cantina shop refreshes a day means up to 60 purchases for 300 shards each. If you place first every day, I'm going to assume that you had the PS unlocked at 15/30 in 3*, which means you only needed 265 each for Kanan, Zeb, and Chopper.

    If you don't have them at 7*, you have nobody to blame but yourself.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
Sign In or Register to comment.