Thrawn- release him in a Marquee event please!

2Next

Replies

• aclbosox
    132 posts Member
    Brainsym wrote: »
    The people defending it are either whales who spend lots on the game, or "ftp" players who have lots of resources already because they been playing for a long time.

I think, unfair advantage.

Why does everything need to be geared towards new players? When you've been playing for a year you won't feel the same way and will start dreading mundane tasks like Marquee events.
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Yoda Released
    Players Scrambled to get 5 Jedi ready

EP released
    Players Scrambled to get 5 Rebels ready

R2 Released
    Players Scrambled to get 5 Empire ready

There has been one of these "I don't have 5 x faction at 7* it is not fair threads" every legendary event (the "I" is general and not directed at anyone specific as I don't know what the OP or anyone else has ready so don't get you panties in a twist).

Not everyone needs to have everything maxed on release. It rewards those that have been working on their entire roster and not just the 5 character flavor of the month.

BTW if a FTP can get him unlocked at 5* the first time around that is better than a Marquee event IMO.

It is what it is. Which is a Legendary event.

Right, however, you COULD have had the required units because they were famable WAY before the event not released at the same time

It is not released at the same time.
    June 7th Characters where made "farm-able".
    Legendary events tend to run for 7 days so that is ~14 days total to work on them.
  • aclbosox wrote: »
    MrfarNhigh wrote: »
    aclbosox wrote: »
    No, Marquee events were the worst thing the happen to this game. No effort involved and it's over in like 5 mins. I prefer events where you have to work towards something and grind it out and it isn't just a 5 min flash in the pan.
    Guys you probably don't want to understand or you just simply don't care to read. It's nice to have an invent like this for thrawn but the time that was given is too short!

But it's going to come back at some point! If you could clear every event first go around what would be the challenge? You'd have nothing to work on. It's actually better for the longevity of the game to have it this way.
    I'm working hard enough to be first on my arena, so yes, I deserve to take him in the first run, I planned every step, they even said they released them 2 weeks earlier which makes things ugly, I couldn't plan to save arena tokens or gw tokens. I'll try anyway, but I doubt any f2p is going to make it unless he played this game for over 1 year if not more. many things takes too much time in this game, which makes it impossible for any newcomers to have any interest. And if any whale is bored it's only because being a whale is a like playing with a cheat, which makes things not challenging at all. I don't say it's not ok to buy and invest but at least make it fair to those who are in the top 10 or at least few that really care about the game.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Yoda Released

EP released

R2 Released

There has been one of these "I don't have 5 x faction at 7* it is not fair threads" every legendary event (the "I" is general and not directed at anyone specific as I don't know what the OP or anyone else has ready so don't get you panties in a twist).

Not everyone needs to have everything maxed on release. It rewards those that have been working on their entire roster and not just the 5 character flavor of the month.

BTW if a FTP can get him unlocked at 5* the first time around that is better than a Marquee event IMO.

Right, however, you COULD have had the required units because they were famable WAY before the event not released at the same time

It is not released at the same time.
    June 7th Characters where made "farm-able".
    Legendary events tend to run for 7 days so that is ~14 days total to work on them.

And june 7th was when we knew we NEEDED them for Thrawn
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/115260/state-of-the-galaxy-6-7-2017#latest
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It will be great if he's on par with how good palp was at his release and have this amount of " exclusivity"... we shall see.
  • aclbosox
    132 posts Member
    No, Marquee events were the worst thing the happen to this game. No effort involved and it's over in like 5 mins. I prefer events where you have to work towards something and grind it out and it isn't just a 5 min flash in the pan.
    Guys you probably don't want to understand or you just simply don't care to read. It's nice to have an invent like this for thrawn but the time that was given is too short!

But it's going to come back at some point! If you could clear every event first go around what would be the challenge? You'd have nothing to work on. It's actually better for the longevity of the game to have it this way.
    I'm working hard enough to be first on my arena, so yes, I deserve to take him in the first run, I planned every step, they even said they released them 2 weeks earlier which makes things ugly, I couldn't plan to save arena tokens or gw tokens. I'll try anyway, but I doubt any f2p is going to make it unless he played this game for over 1 year if not more. many things takes too much time in this game, which makes it impossible for any newcomers to have any interest. And if any whale is bored it's only because being a whale is a like playing with a cheat, which makes things not challenging at all. I don't say it's not ok to buy and invest but at least make it fair to those who are in the top 10 or at least few that really care about the game.

It's very possible for F2P to compete with whales, just know you're going into the race with a Camry while they have an Lamborghini so you'll need to be more creative. If there was no advantage to spend money, why would anyone do it? Like I said, Thrawn is 100% f2p, and I think it's entirely possible to get him at 5* without spending a penny if you're smart with your resources, so the question becomes, is it worth spending to get him to 7*? Who knows, we don't even know what his kit is yet. A lot of characters have been good at 5*. I think it's great that you're working hard in arena, but so are a lot of other people. I had a large bank of Arena, GW, and Cantina currency for a situation like this, not everyone has that luxury, but again, that's life. We're all at different stages of the game and we need end-game content just as much, if not more, than we need new-player content.
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Juex777 wrote: »
    That would have been much better.... Way less disrespectful of your customers...... And now they're deleting threads by the handful of very upset players giving feedback they don't want people to see

People always hate the release of the legendary events. Palp event was the same way.

Most of them get merged.

It has nothing to do with disrespect, many people could focus on PS and have them 5* and unlock thrawn if they wanted to, not everyone will get him and not everyone will get him 7* the first time. It's ok, and when more people realize that there will be less hate spewing.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Juex777 wrote: »
    That would have been much better.... Way less disrespectful of your customers...... And now they're deleting threads by the handful of very upset players giving feedback they don't want people to see

but f2p players have the oppertunity to get thrawn at a higher star count, well i am getting him at atleast 5*.
    Pretty sure it's also cheaper to get thrawn to 7* from the upcomming event than it was to get nihilus, krennic etc. 7* from the marquee event + buying the additional shards. Haven't done the calculations, but feel free to prove me wrong. I'm mainly interrested in the f2p part since i'm f2p.
    I feel like alot of people are upset regardless of what happened with the release. I believe this legendary event is way more beneficial for the players, p2p and f2p alike, than a marque event. Unless you don't want to put any effort in, then it would obviously be better to just get handed a 3* character. Personally i don't mind that that kind of player isn't getting thrawn. It kinda makes putting the effort in even more worth it.
    the only players i think have a solid reason to be upset are the ones who are still leveling up. It does suck for them, but on the other hand, they've still got alot to look forward to unlike the players like myself who've been at lvl85 like forever.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Well I hate the Phoenix squad, but oh well looks like they're forcing us to farm them now.... but my bigger complaint is they haven't been available for free to play until now- not enough time!
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Full disclosure:
    34ye5tw.jpg

And how is it unfair that longer-playing characters have a chance at getting a higher star version of a legendary event character? That's ALWAYS the way it's been. I didn't get Yoda maxed for a looong time. Didn't get Palp the first time around, either.

It's super easy to get a 5* PS. And fairly easy to get a 6* PS. Getting a 7* PS with the shortened time-frame will require lots of advanced planning and foresight, but doable even for some F2P.

Are you farming Hera before Ezra for her leader ability, just in case you can get your others to 6*? I got Ezra and Hera both to 5*, but I thought putting Ezra first was better because he's more useful outside of a Phoenix squad.
  • Please delete this post. Horrible idea.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please delete this post. Horrible idea.

Like it matters they will not change something like this now.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Yoda Released

EP released

R2 Released

I totally agree. It's also nice to see an advantage back towards the paying players. There were a bunch of marquee give aways already. This one can be different. It's not like the event won't return down the road.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Yesac wrote: »
    Are you farming Hera before Ezra for her leader ability, just in case you can get your others to 6*? I got Ezra and Hera both to 5*, but I thought putting Ezra first was better because he's more useful outside of a Phoenix squad.
    I wanted to see how many Ezra shards I'd get in Fleet shipments, didn't want to over-farm Ezra. But I've 95% decided to only go for 6* Thrawn, so once I get to 6* Hera, I'll go for 7* Ezra for his damage, first.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!