Getting 7* Thrawn MAY be possible for F2P if you already have 5 x 5* Phoenix toons

But you need to have a saved a little bit of crystals (~1500)

The even starts on the 15th and runs for 7 days. Including today, you have 11 days in total to get ready. If your guys are at at 5*, you need 185 shards per character to get them to 7*.

Kanan, Chopper, and Zeb are easy. You can get 20 shards a day from the shops, meaning you only need 9.25 days to get those guys to 7*.

Hera and Ezra are in Cantina, and you need 370 shards in total to get both of them to 7*.

You receive 165 free Cantina energy per day. If you get rank 1 in arena, do all of your dailies, and you have 1500 crystals in reserve, you can purchase 5 Cantina refreshes per day for 11 days. That way you will have a grand total of 765 Cantina energy per day, which will give you 95 battles. Assuming the drop rate is 33%, you're looking at 31.5 shards per day, or 346 shards over 11 days.

Yes, you will still need to find 24 shards to get to 370. However, Ezra shows up in ship shop... and you only need him to appear 5 times over 11 days to get you there. Also, once you are done with farming Kanan, Chopper, and Zeb, you can pour all of your extra credits from those stores into the shard shop, which can net you 5 shards of Ezra per day.

It's possible guys. Don't give up!

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    You're assuming you don't need Sabine. I think you will.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Hasn't @CG_Kozispoon already confirmed that you only need 5?
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

I am optimistic that you don't need Sabine, because I see Chopper participating in the stage according to the EA "trailer" yesterday lol. I hope Sabine is still on Mandalore...
  • lRushl
    182 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm 100% FTP, I get 1st place on both arenas but there is no incentives for me to commit for a character that will not fit at all into my arena roster or even raid roster.
    I also don't really care about Thrawn as a character.

I'm just aiming at getting them to 5* before the 30th and slowly farming them until the event comes back, seem like the wise option here.
  • Options
    Usually, you get to use 5 toons, so... I don't know anything about Phoenix, will a squad with Chopper in place of Sabine be good enough?
  • Options
    You have made.. me believe i think he will be viable at 5* anyway people just want atuff handed to them haha
  • Options
    I'm only prepping them to 5* G7. If it unlocks him great. I dont plan on investing rare purple/gold gear on Phoenix squad
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    having to log in between 1am and 7am is going to be my downfall ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I'm only prepping them to 5* G7. If it unlocks him great. I dont plan on investing rare purple/gold gear on Phoenix squad

I won't be gearing them until I need to... gonna try to put the least amount of resources as possible to achieve the goal. I'll go to a max of G8 and hope mods do the rest!

Leef, I understand haha... I set my alarm 10 min before the reset expires, buy the stuff, and go back to sleep.
  • Options
    But.. it is actualy worth ? You wanna spend next 2 weeks on spending shitloads of shards for farmifoand gearing 5 characters you will never use to get one coll toon that will be useless if you don't have full geared, zetad and 7* Empire team
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    having to log in between 1am and 7am is going to be my downfall ;)

On weekdays I have no problem doing that, but on the weekends.... Man, i know your feel. What troubles me most is the fleet shop refresh, sometimes I miss one of them
  • Options
    2jar1binks wrote: »
    But.. it is actualy worth ? You wanna spend next 2 weeks on spending shitloads of shards for farmifoand gearing 5 characters you will never use to get one coll toon that will be useless if you don't have full geared, zetad and 7* Empire team

I think it's better to be safe than sorry at this point. I would go hard until the details of Thrawn is revealed (by June 15th, if not sooner). If he turns out to be trash, then I'll stop farming Phoenix. If you stop farming now and Thrawn turns out to be meta-defining, then you'll be out of luck as you won't be able to acquire him.
  • Options
    The problem is, how much gear will be necessary? G11? How hard is 7* phase? You need 5, what can leave Sabine out, but she is the best of them, maybe you can't beat without hear due the difficult. Wait and see.
  • Options
    How can you get 20 shards every day from the shops? I get 10 or 15 from arena store and 15 from gw store
  • Options
    The store resets every 6 hours. You can buy 20 shards per day without paying to refresh the store.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    vazelos81 wrote: »
    How can you get 20 shards every day from the shops? I get 10 or 15 from arena store and 15 from gw store

saving up tokens/currency, you never know when you're going to need them.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

Even more incentive to save some up when they announce that there's going to be a few fan favorites being released, so... a few months ago.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options

In this game, that is almost always the wisest decision. I'll give you that.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

In this game, that is almost always the wisest decision. I'll give you that.
    I made it a goal quite a while ago to make sure that I had 22k Cantina credits, 13.2 Arena tokens, and 6.6k GW tokens on hand at all times. That way I could afford to 0-330 shard a character as fast as humanly possible on a given shop node, bearing in mind a daily income of 265 Cantina credits, 800 Arena tokens, and 1200 GW tokens.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »

I won't be gearing them until I need to... gonna try to put the least amount of resources as possible to achieve the goal. I'll go to a max of G8 and hope mods do the rest!

Leef, I understand haha... I set my alarm 10 min before the reset expires, buy the stuff, and go back to sleep.

I do this too. I don't feel like this is a normal way to live.