Thrawn can ability block Fulcrum?

JacenRoe
3016 posts Member
Ahsoka is cleansed of all debuffs at the END of every character's turn. Thrawn's basic puts the speed up buff on enemy characters that turns into ability block when it expires. If he does that to Ahsoka it will expire as soon as her turn BEGINS. So she will be ability blocked at the start of her turn. That about cover it, or am I missing something?

Not a complaint. Just trying to wrap my head around the mechanics correctly. I think it's pretty cool actually.

Replies

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Ahsoka is cleansed of all debuffs at the END of every character's turn. Thrawn's basic puts the speed up buff on enemy characters that turns into ability block when it expires. If he does that to Ahsoka it will expire as soon as her turn BEGINS. So she will be ability blocked at the start of her turn. That about cover it, or am I missing something?

Not a complaint. Just trying to wrap my head around the mechanics correctly. I think it's pretty cool actually.

I'm pretty sure that is how it works and he can also fracture her. Ahsoka is still waiting for the Jedi and rebel pass
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Unresistable vs uin-debuffable
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Morpheus wrote: »

She can be debuffed. They just disappear at the end of turns. Thrawn's ability block doesn't appear until the beginning of her turn. So the way it's worded leads me to believe he would effectively be the only character than can ability block her other than cooldown increase characters (DT, and Nihilus).
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

She can be debuffed. They just disappear at the end of turns. Thrawn's ability block doesn't appear until the beginning of her turn. So the way it's worded leads me to believe he would effectively be the only character than can ability block her other than cooldown increase characters (DT, and Nihilus).

And fracture cannot be cleanse so thrawn is a hard counter for fulcrum

Not necessarily. She could cleans the Ability Block during whoever goes next's turn. The one that makes Thrawn absolutely brutal to ATF, is fracture. Can't be dispelled and prevents gaining buffs. Her unique will slowly take her down to 1% health.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    DarthSalsa wrote: »

And fracture cannot be cleanse so thrawn is a hard counter for fulcrum

Counters a lot. I'm definitely putting fracture on Baze or Kenobi straight away. Totally shuts them out long enough to kill another toon.

The Ability Block comes when Speed Down expires.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

Not necessarily. She could cleans the Ability Block during whoever goes next's turn. The one that makes Thrawn absolutely brutal to ATF, is fracture. Can't be dispelled and prevents gaining buffs. Her unique will slowly take her down to 1% health.

That's isn't possible. The ability block won't appear until the start of her turn. Once her turn is over the ability block will have done its job.

Feacture lasts only until thrawn moves again, and everyone will have him very fast. I don't think is time enough to do serious damage with debuffs to Ahsoka until then.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

Feacture lasts only until thrawn moves again, and everyone will have him very fast. I don't think is time enough to do serious damage with debuffs to Ahsoka until then.

Fracture slows down Thrawn, and everyone who uses special abilities will remove TM from him, and the fractured opponent.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

Yes. Speed down expires at the beginning of her turn.

That's isn't possible. The ability block won't appear until the start of her turn. Once her turn is over the ability block will have done its job.

Thrawn gives her Speed Down. His turn ends, she cleanses, it becomes Ability Block (has nothing to do with when her turn starts). Another character goes. Their turn ends, ATF cleanses again, no Ability Block.

I don't think Thrawn will be fast. I suspect he'll be kept in the middle speed-wise. He has 100% counter. You only need him for 1 move and it doesn't have to be the first move.

She cleanses herself after EVERY turn, not just her own. It will immediately become Ability Block.
  • He doesn't give speed down on basic, it's SPEED UP that becomes Ability Block. She doesn't get to cleanse, she gets her turn a bit faster, but is ability blocked.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

She cleanses herself after EVERY turn, not just her own. It will immediately become Ability Block.

I'm sorry. Thrawn gives speed UP. He gives a buff, not a debuff. The speed up becomes ability block when it expires which I think is at the start of her turn. I might be wrong about it expiring at the start of a turn though. But he gives a buff to enemy characters that they can't cleanse that will turn into a debuff.
  • Even if she gets AB it will get cleared right away, remember it doesnt have to be her turn for it to be cleared off her.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    It depends when the speed down expires. Start or end of turn. If it is end of turn then no she wont be affected.